Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr (20110 Views)

Pinnick: Why We Can’t Sack Rohr As Super Eagles Coach - NFF President / Why NFF Can’t Sack Rohr / Solomon Dalung Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Rohr

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick has disclosed that the decision to sack Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr was to prevent a major disaster from happening to the senior national team.

He made this known in an interview with Channels Television on Monday, where he said that the NFF gave the German tactician all the necessary support to succeed with the team.

Recall that Rohr’s contract was terminated on Sunday by the NFF.

Augustine Eguavoen was immediately appointed to take charge of the Super Eagles on an interim basis.

The former Delta State Sports administrator also confirmed that the NFF was owing Rohr for some months, saying the lack of discipline among the players was one of the major setbacks in the team.

“He (Rohr) happens to be the longest-serving manager of the Super Eagles. We gave him all the support,” said Pinnick who was a guest on Sunrise Daily. “But we didn’t want to wait for a disaster to happen before parting ways. The last two games were very tough games for us.

“It wasn’t an individual decision; it was a collective decision by the entire executive committee. We were winning our games … there are a lot of things we took into cognisance. When you part ways, you don’t want to start ascribing blames; you just let it go and face the future with renewed hope and renewed zeal.”

“We did everything that we could, but one major factor was that discipline in the team is lost practically. In the dressing room, discipline in the team was at its lowest edge and once you remove discipline, that foundation in the team has cracked,” he said.

“Players now talk back at you, players believe that they are indispensable. A lot of factors that will now militate against the team. We are only owing about two matches of all the matches they played in both AFCON qualifiers and World Cup qualifiers.

“For Gernot Rohr, I know we paid him for about five months. We were owing him for a couple of months, then we cleared about five months.”

https://www.completesports.com/pinnick-why-nff-decided-to-sack-rohr/

1 Like

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by Kriss216: 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
We don't need any explanation.

Any sensible football lover will agree with me that Rohr failed us.

38 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 2:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
Kriss216:

In fact its the NFF that that failed us

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by paulolee(m): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2021
its past...just move on Mk we see improvement abeg
we don't need any explanation, all we need is assurances dt ur new man would be better than the past..

5 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by paulolee(m): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2021
robosky02:

In fact its the NFF that that failed us
u mean failed us for going for rhor from d start?

3 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by daddytime(m): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2021
The worst NFF chairman ever...

See him bia bia

If you no want make your biabia worwor like him own better check my signature to get my beard shaping tool to dey help you carve your beards straight and neat.

I will donate one to Amaju Picnic on behalf of Nairaland. grin

11 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by MightySparrow: 2:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
Stupidity: Ihesnacho was said to have organized a sex party a day to Cape Verde's clash.

Ihesnacho having problems in Leicester City well deserved. He lacks discipline.

19 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2021
Long overdue..

The Super Eagles is a tact less eyesore..
Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
paulolee:

u mean failed us for going for rhor from d start?
Failed us by renewing his contract..

And giving him a long time renewal..

That contract should be probed..

Something is fishy.. angry

6 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2021
daddytime:

See him bia bia

If you no want make your biabia worwor like him own better check my signature to get my beard shaping tool to dey help you carve your beards straight and neat.

Pinnick has actually done well as an NFF Chairman..

Let's give the devil his due..

7 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by robosky02(m): 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Pinnick has actually done well as an NFF Chairman..

Let's give the devil his due..

Mentioned his achievement?

4 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by bigdammyj: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
Noted
Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by Cholls(m): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
My brother Lala please come can I have a word with you
[img]https://media1./images/cf63da2d1dc7eb847d2fb7bcff3b9b00/tenor.gif?itemid=11962633[/img]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by inoki247: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
lol
Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by DropsMic(m): 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
Because baba na fraud
Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by Maxymilliano(m): 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
sad

Most likely Amaju is in a secret deal with Rohr .. More reasons he lasted this long without tangible achievements

2 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
Kriss216:

How?Nigerians always complain Rohr qualified Nigeria for every major tournaments, unlike the past we didn't need calculator to qualify for any tournament. Any coach brought now, people will still complain, so no need.

3 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by Emuforlife1: 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good riddance!! Make this Equaven abi na Equilateral Triangle sha better pass Rohr if not......

3 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by GEEBITE: 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
Do not insult him with an unfortunate domestic accident(gas explosion) he had even before he became public officer.
daddytime:

See him bia bia

3 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by nnamdi640: 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2021
Long over due. That man almost destroyed the national team.
Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by jrusky(m): 4:44pm On Dec 13, 2021
No need given us reason for his sack we don't want him again and mind you Mr NFF don't make the mistake to replace him with Amunike and never with those kitchen porter claimed coach.
Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by daddytime(m): 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2021
GEEBITE:
Do not insult him with an unfortunate domestic accident(gas explosion) he had even before he became public officer.

Oh...I never knew that.

I'm not mocking him, though.

1 Like

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by Kinzo0917(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2021
MightySparrow:
Stupidity: Ihesnacho was said to have organized a sex party a day to Cape Verde's clash.

Ihesnacho having problems in Leicester City well deserved. He lacks discipline.
Iheanacho is the most indisciplined player I have ever seen and known. How can he organise a sex party a day to an all important match? No wonder , since he did that, he no longer play for leceister. Vey Useless and overated player. I think he should be banned for playing for the Super Eagles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2021
grin

You sacked a coach who have qualified us to all major tournament only to appoint a manager who's major success is as a stopgap.

Cruise town...Rohr is not a good coach but he's better then this stopgap.

Cruise zone!!!

7 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by Gooddeed999: 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
I smell lies. This has money written all over it.
Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
I just don't trust this new coaches. I can't trust them. They have coached the super eagles before and they are found to be untrustworthy.
I still don't understand the major disaster Pinnick is talking about. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by oloriooko(m): 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2021
NFF is the problem with our football NOT the coach
The clueless Ama saying they are owing Rohr and yet sacked him, which support can you give a coach aside owing him months of salary. Rohr has been the best coach 9ja ever had and surely will rgeret sacking him.

We want the best coach but broke and play politics with everything from player selection to sharing in the coach's salary bunch of useless board members

Though Rohr has his errors but the guy has done well with the team and I can assure anyone that most of the problems in the team is from NFF

10 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by Ranksun: 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
It's shameful that you are owing the coach and the players, but you paid yourself and have money to lobby for position in CAF.

YOU can't install displine in the team cause they see you are a hypocrite. And that is why we don't have first team player, they come and go.

Rohr now is the escape goat, let see the coach that will succeed with out the NFF doing the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by WibusJaga: 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2021

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick has disclosed that the decision to sack Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr was to prevent a major disaster from happening to the senior national team.
OK Bookmarked. We will revisit this after AFCON in January.
Re: Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr by mmsen: 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2021
About time.

But who will remove Pinnick to avoid real disaster?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Balogun Bags Hat-Trick In Reims’ Comeback Win, Overtakes Mbappe In Goals / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. / Chelsea Targets Osimhen As Replacement For Lukaku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.