Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:51 AM

Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? (2036 Views)

The Red Meat, Processed Meat And The Cancer Connection / VIDEO: Monkey Meat And The Ebola Outbreak In Liberia / Monkey Meat And The Ebola Outbreak In Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? by dk4justice(m): 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2007
i want to know
Re: Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? by luckily(m): 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2007
Fish is better than meat. Nutritionist advice little or no meat.
Re: Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? by mandi: 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2007
dk4justice:

i want to know

Beef (top sirloin) has about 17.1 grams of protein per 3 ounce serving while fish (tilapia, catfish, salmon) has about 18.8 grams per 3 ounce serving.
Re: Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? by darfur(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2007
fish is better but i love meat( i dont like fish)
after watching a movie. . splash . .when i was a kid, i hated fish to the bottom and just couldn't get over it sad
i love meat. especially chicken cheesy . . . .which is unfortunately of even lower value than beef. and quite fattening sad but i still love chicken sad

anyway, do what i say and not what i do. eat more fish wink
Re: Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? by Phlota(f): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2007
Fish is more proteinous nd nutritious. I love fish- any kind
Re: Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? by Njoy1(f): 4:08am On Aug 05, 2007
I'm a fish person so I would recommend it anytime, yeah go for it.
Re: Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? by lauryn(f): 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2007
fish
Re: Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? by bolorunfem(f): 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2007
Yes, fish is more proteinous. Apart from that, nutritionists advise against consumption of red meat (cow meat aka beef). They say it contains worm and no matter how long u cook it u'll still ingest the (harmful) worms. Try lean meat (goat) or poultry (chicken/turkey).But when we were small and in school we were taught that meat was good, ko buru, all na correct. And, emm, they also say that the insides of cow (intestines, liver etc) are good anyway. By the way, have u tried ponmo of late? hmmm, chewy! grin
Re: Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? by HUMPHERY(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2007
HEY NAIRALAND,FISHIS BETTER AND MORE HEALTHIER! cool[i][/i]
Re: Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? by Ivvie: 11:50pm On Sep 28, 2007
How is fish more in protein than meat itself? Prove fish is higher than meat! And in meat, I am referring to beef and lamb not pigs.

Conclusions upon conclusions.

(1) (Reply)

Prenatal Genotype Test / Low Sperm Motility Result / Natural Solution To Diseases. Let's Talk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.