Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,770 members, 7,834,570 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise (50017 Views)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by babyfaceafrica: 12:45pm On Dec 15, 2021
LordVarys1:
You won't be jailed so dont be scared. You may even get the sympathy of the judge and the case will turn around. Tell the judge you do not have money to afford a lawyer that you are just a student.

U will be surprised the judge may just turn the case against her.

Dont be scared of going to court. Court is not as bad as we think it is
lolz.. You dey give am hope
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by tunize(m): 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:
I'm currently having issues in the place I stay, I am a student that rented an apartment close to school, and ever since this landlady and her children have been a thorn in my flesh and even other neighbors.

Let me narrate what happened.
I'm not a perfect grammar person and please read to the end.

In the place I stay, there's a well we fetch water from, so last week Sunday the well was locked up, which was very unusual... It was locked up from morning till night, nobody in the compound could access water.. I couldn't cook nor bath, so in the evening I decided to go ask the landlady why the well was locked and ask for the key so I can get water.

On getting to the landlady's place, I greeted her and asked calmly why the well was locked up, before I knew what was happening her son came out and told me to get out of there... I was very shocked and surprised, that I came to ask for the key to the well and he just tells me to walk out like that.

I told him I'm here to ask why the well was locked and collect the key, and that I cannot just walk out like that.

Before I knew what was happening, the boy started getting aggressive and he was threatening that he would kill me and was making all sort of threats, before I knew it... He attacked me, both the mom and the son with their last daughter.

They pushed me to the wall, which I sustained an injury at the back of my hand, the landlady was trying to get me naked by pulling the short I was wearing... I wore this short because I wanted to collect the key, fetch water and take my bathe.

So as she was trying to pull down my shorts and get me naked, I had to bite her a little so she could release her hand from my shorts.

The neighbors gathered because of the noise and saw the three of them against me.
Then I left there and went and open the well which they padlocked, then they came down and insisted that nobody would use the well.

It was then that someone told me the reason why they locked the well was because the son of the landlady had an issue with someone early in the morning while the both of them were fetching water and he locked up the well to deal with the person... Thus causing inconveniences for the remaining tenants.

The next day they(landlady and her son) went to the police to report the matter.

And they lied to the police that they locked up the well because the tenants were polluting the well.
Then they reported that I came to their house to attack them and I bite her.

Then the police came and took me and the neighbor that had disagreement with the son that resulted in them locking up the well.

We left the police station that same day and we went back in two days time for interview..
At the interview the police asked us to settle the matter amicably, but they proposed that they want to go to court and if we don't want to go to the court, that we'll have to pay the sum of 50k.

The 50k is for the money she used to treat herself, which is a lie. One of the neighbor in the compound overheard her making arrangements with a pharmacist to manipulate the bill of drugs she got.

And aside that, up till now they have refused to open the well for the whole compound to use, but they themselves are still using it, despite claiming that it was polluted.

Now my Daddy had to call her and beg and he told her to calm down that he would pay her 15k but she refused, that it's the 50k or we go to court.

Now my question is.

Was I wrong in the first place for going to ask of the key to the well that was locked up without proper information of why it was locked, and this well is the well we've been using since we packed in?

The second question is, if we go to the court now, what are the penalties I would have to face if I was wrong?

And finally, is it right for a Landlady to lock up the well that everyone uses because of an issue with one of the tenants?

This place is in Enugu State.
Thank you as make you various wise inputs.
If you're not from Enugu and only went there to school, jejely look for another house and live trouble for those people.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by freeman67: 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

shey you know say na house him rent.

him nor rent well.

he's supposed to pay for water and every other amenities as a tenant.

you can't follow owner of property, drag her own thing.

again na the one room him rent

he nor rent the well

Not Correct. If that is the case, the wardrobe in the house, the toilet and all other amenities are to be paid for separately. If it was a borehole that they must contribute money to fuel gen and power then it will be understandable. Also if is a pipe borne water that they bring bill it will also be understandable...If there is no well in that house or in the agreement it is clearly stated that tenants are not to use the well and the tenant agreed to it before packing in then the landlady have the case.

There is nothing like following owner of the house to drag anything. Incase you don't some of those amenities are part of what the landlords/lady use to entice prospective tenants.

@ op, all this will form your experience in life.. Prepare yourself and go to court if she insists. Na human being dey make court for. It is no a criminal but civil matter. So eventually na fine and apology go end if you are guilty. E too much community service.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Ekugbeh(m): 1:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:
I'm currently having issues in the place I stay, I am a student that rented an apartment close to school, and ever since this landlady and her children have been a thorn in my flesh and even other neighbors.

In the place I stay, there's a well we fetch water from, so last week Sunday the well was locked up, which was very unusual... It was locked up from morning till night, nobody in the compound could access water.. I couldn't cook nor bath, so in the evening I decided to go ask the landlady why the well was locked and ask for the key so I can get water.

On getting to the landlady's place, I greeted her and asked calmly why the well was locked up, before I knew what was happening her son came out and told me to get out of there... I was very shocked and surprised, that I came to ask for the key to the well and he just tells me to walk out like that.

I told him I'm here to ask why the well was locked and collect the key, and that I cannot just walk out like that.

Before I knew what was happening, the boy started getting aggressive and he was threatening that he would kill me and was making all sort of threats, before I knew it... He attacked me, both the mom and the son with their last daughter.

They pushed me to the wall, which I sustained an injury at the back of my hand, the landlady was trying to get me naked by pulling the short I was wearing... I wore this short because I wanted to collect the key, fetch water and take my bathe.

So as she was trying to pull down my shorts and get me naked, I had to bite her a little so she could release her hand from my shorts.

The neighbors gathered because of the noise and saw the three of them against me.
Then I left there and went and open the well which they padlocked, then they came down and insisted that nobody would use the well.

It was then that someone told me the reason why they locked the well was because the son of the landlady had an issue with someone early in the morning while the both of them were fetching water and he locked up the well to deal with the person... Thus causing inconveniences for the remaining tenants.

The next day they(landlady and her son) went to the police to report the matter.

And they lied to the police that they locked up the well because the tenants were polluting the well.

Then the police came and took me and the neighbor that had disagreement with the son that resulted in them locking up the well.

We left the police station that same day and we went back in two days time for interview..
At the interview the police asked us to settle the matter amicably, but they proposed that they want to go to court and if we don't want to go to the court, that we'll have to pay the sum of 50k.

The 50k is for the money she used to treat herself, which is a lie. One of the neighbor in the compound overheard her making arrangements with a pharmacist to manipulate the bill of drugs she got.

And aside that, up till now they have refused to open the well for the whole compound to use, but they themselves are still using it, despite claiming that it was polluted.

Now my Daddy had to call her and beg and he told her to calm down that he would pay her 15k but she refused, that it's the 50k or we go to court.

Now my question is.

Was I wrong in the first place for going to ask of the key to the well that was locked up without proper information of why it was locked, and this well is the well we've been using since we packed in?

The second question is, if we go to the court now, what are the penalties I would have to face if I was wrong?

And finally, is it right for a Landlady to lock up the well that everyone uses because of an issue with one of the tenants?

lol. Simple nau tell her lets go court, then tell the court you bit her because she held your dixk shikena

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by jeiz333: 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2021
You did bite her in self defense but the issue is she reported first and has evidence u attacked her. U may win at court but I guess dat will be difficult...

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by johhbekeboh09: 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

Now my question is.

Landlady and family fought tenants and lock up well in Enugu State... before I think say na only Yoruba dey form this mess..Donno sey Igbo people too follow

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by aljpimp(m): 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

for you to even fight publicly resulting to biting and blowing with your landlady or landlord, doesn't speak good about you as a tenant.

na to avoid physical fight.

but this op admitting he fought with his landlady.
dey judge dey give us say them gather am.
coming here to seek fake sympathy.

landlady's are wicked we know.

but some tenants do pass devil.

I still dey wonder after you bite my mama finish for hand, you still gather mind go break the lock from the well. (if na you op them bite your mama, how you go feel)

na the landlady son I pity.
na weakling... maybe he's a teenager.

for you to even get liver, bite my mama you go tell me.... nor be the well we go talk about.

na so one of my papa tenant's won carry that kind leg some years ago, Because him know dey see boys for my father's house....na only my sisters dey around.

hahahaha, when I show face because of am...crash 2weeks he maintain.

we nor quarrel...we nor fight.

but only my doings for the compound.... nobody tell am to maintain.

ps

quote me to abuse your father and die before This month end

them nor go see your body bury.

Wait, are you the landlady’s son?
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by ckmayoca: 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2021
Person never grip your prick before..... if 10 years old squeeze your prick u won’t know when u go bite ham.
Op should open a defence from tht and get a reciept from a pharmacy too.

KiNg0G:

for you to even fight publicly resulting to biting and blowing with your landlady or landlord, doesn't speak good about you as a tenant.

I still dey wonder after you bite my mama finish for hand, you still gather mind go break the lock from the well. (if na you op them bite your mama, how you go feel)

for you to even get liver, bite my mama you go tell me.... nor be the well we go talk about.

na so one of my papa tenant's won carry that kind leg some years ago, Because him know dey see boys for my father's house....na only my sisters dey around.

ps

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by KiNg0G: 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2021
ckmayoca:
Person never grip your prick before..... if 10 years old squeeze your prick u won’t know when u go bite ham.
Op should open a defence from tht and get a reciept from a pharmacy too.

I nor believe that landlady grip his prick

You don hear from the landlady side?
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by NoToPile: 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
joyd200:
Pls don't fall into their trap. Try to negotiate to pay lesser, maybe 30k and if they didn't agree just pay the 50k. Nigerian court is useless for case like this. With or without your lawyer they will grant you bail in any amount between 50k to 200k. You'll be reminded until you pay that money. Also, you'll still have to pay that landlady's 50k before the case can be withdrawn against you. Then again, you'll live in fear in the compound afterward, since you have a pending court case with them, which can drag over a year. Pls rush to negotiate with them and pay.

Loool leave him those cheering him here won't be there.

Court case that you can't determine the outcome. The law is an ass

Someone that should have left immediately they told him to leave, you didnt leave you guys had a scuttle and you still opened the well.

You better go and negotiate to pay lesser and let things slide and plan his exit from that compound.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by aljpimp(m): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
Favfables1:

Yes it was self defense, buh can he prove it?
From his story, it was just himself and the landlady with her children. They were the only ones present before the noise attracted other people...

So between the period of when he went there to when the noise attracted people, they can fabricate any kind of story and pin it on him and they'll be no one to back up his claims of being attacked first because there was no one present and don't forget all this happened in the landlady's front yard...

So the landlady and her children can say he attacked them and they were the ones that acted in self defense, because the fight happened in her front yard and she was injured. The only thing people know is that "they were attracted by the noise and when they went there, they saw them fighting"...

And don't forget, he still went ahead to open the well even without the key...

Well...
What do I know sef...
I'm not even a lawyer undecided...
The burden of proof is not on the op.. it’s on the complainant to convince the court that truly the op attacked her
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by BluntCrazeMan: 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

Now my question is.

Ngwanụ..
You also treated yourself with N200k Naa.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

ps

What's this idiot saying??
You've been dealing with kids/students and boasting about it. When you get issues with real men, you won't even step into that your father's compound again.

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Stephen0mozzy: 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Some landlady are spiritual, so u fight spiritual too. Get your bible, get a small bowls of water, get a stone, get a feathers or incense, get a candle. These are d 4elements of the world. Woke up in the midnight 12pm, open psalm 35 & read 7times, tender ur request unto GOD, call on the angels of the 4elements to fight for you. do this for 7days, exactly 8days they will call u & make peace with you.

is it that your own impression of God's benevolence is activated via adherence to these kind of rituals?

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Babastrong(m): 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
[that is why i said the children of nowaday are ruling by emotion. No strategy, no gut. You don't fight your enemy on the arena that will give him/her advantages over you]

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Str8talk21: 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

I did a video of that today.

Not too convincing. Get a National newspaper of any day after the incident and take a video with it along with the woman fetching water from the well;because she may claim the video was taken before the incident.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by elmagnifico411(m): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2021
That's why we're where we are in this country. We are afraid of everything, even when it's gonna favour us. If she serves a quit notice, all they have to do is go back to court. If only Tennants know that d law favours Dem more..
mabeni:
he's on his own. Other tenants won't come forward or interfere for fear of quit notice.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by tymicjay77: 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

I did a video of that today.

You are lucky she didn't stripped you naked, she might be thinking of false accusation of rape or so... You have to be careful in that house better still insist on refund of your balance then look for somewhere else to live.
Trust me she aim at implicating you big time , so be careful...

2 Likes

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by ibechris(m): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
Pls,if ur rent gets due,pls leave that compound before they will start their juju.

If they can be this stingy with water,then expect more evil coming from this family henceforth.

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by dlox147(m): 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2021
Part of what a tenant is entitled to is access to basic amenities like water and electricity.
As long as you are not owing her any rent or did not agree on a certain fee for access to water monthly/weekly or daily, then you are well wetin your rights as long as you have always had access to that well since you moved in.
Secondly, you mentioned in a comment that you recorded the chaos, then you have a valid case of self defense.
You should also get a doctor report on the injury you sustained at the back of your head as a the trigger that necessitated your defence.
Again no court will believe you intentionally fought a whole family.
Again, try and engage them further and make sure you record your conversations with them whilst stating the facts with them.

You have a good case if you can get a good lawyer.
NCE1:

Now my question is.

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Demolakay: 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Some landlady are spiritual, so u fight spiritual too. Get your bible, get a small bowls of water, get a stone, get a feathers or incense, get a candle. These are d 4elements of the world. Woke up in the midnight 12pm, open psalm 35 & read 7times, tender ur request unto GOD, call on the angels of the 4elements to fight for you. do this for 7days, exactly 8days they will call u & make peace with you.
pls does dis apply to all spiritual situations?As in can this prayer procedures be done to other issues of life?
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
pricklewane:
I swear this your comment proves that most people commenting on this issue are either under 14 that never rented an apartment before. You wan to fight the landlord now so you can live in the house without peace till your rent is finished ba

Mr elder

When dealing with people u need to be smart

Why should the landlady because of having issue with a single tenant

Decides to purnish every other tenant in the house

It is called house rent because u are paying for everything u use in that house e.g water, toilet, bathroom e.t.c

When there is water in the compound u are expecting the op to just be looking at them

If there is no water in the compound then it is a different scenario,

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Blastedholligan: 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

Now my question is.

go to court and show them your wound. Your neighbors can serve as witness
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by doctor306(m): 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Help us do this thing make e kill Buhari nah
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by vannessa7(f): 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2021
NCE1:

Thank you.

I want to avoid the bad energies on here.
I pray nobody here is unfortunate to meet this type of landlady, I've not even said half of the things she does to the tenants.

Leaking roof and many more, but yet she does nothing despite our/my complain.

Have you thought about moving out, it's not by force to keep staying in her house abi she has nailed you down with juju. Even if you have to squat for a while with a friend before blood shed
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by aluyapreston: 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
KiNg0G:

exactly my point, some scallywags were dragging me.

he won form vuga na.

can you imagine after the quarrel and bitting the landlady he still GATHER MIND GO BREAK THE LOCK FROM THE WELL.

nor be power Mike level be that?

some people here Just reasoning on one facts.

as I dey here I be tenant...

but I still get papa compound when harbour tenants.

we supposed talk truth

So I rent a house with my own money and I will be denied of the service that come with the rent. You are an idiot.

Just imagine the arrogance in your first tweet when you said 'who give you mind to open my papa well wey I lock'

You are clearly an underachiever who brags with parents wealth. Na the OP I blame, me as a warri boy, I for don break landlady that pikin head tay tay. Then I go naked the woman. Before day break all my wafi guys go don surround the whole compound and ensure that they beg me for forgiveness
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
Kuriosmynd:

You are seriously a fool for this comment. Never knew u are this senseless...cos I used to see you on redpill thread.
Like wtf, a tenant paid for services in the house and has the right to ask questions, he's not a a begger to be treated like one, and has the right to bungle that well, if he desperately needs water. this is ordinary water. so u are supporting wickedness by landlady while she uses same water...
U must be very stupid.
The landlady can never win the case. No one can try that with me. I will make them regret accepting me as tenant. Fool

Oh!!!could he be a redpiller?? Eyaa no wonder!!! They know dey get sense...
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by lereinter(m): 7:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
There should be a radio station that deals with such issue

Report her there
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
Skyfornia:

Shame Kee you there! If you can't see that the tenant is arrogant, then the joke is on you!
The joke is not on you, you are the joke. I hope ignorance doesn't kill you there!
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by NCE1: 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
santos123:
is it Unn?
Yes, Unec.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by emmyN(m): 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
Knowing Nigerian police and their modus operandi, they don't like taking trivial cases like this to court. I'll call it a mere threat issued to extort you.
Re: Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise by godliman: 4:10am On Dec 16, 2021
motymop:

What is this one typing
He typed big shit

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago / Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) / The 10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.