Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me (17042 Views)

NFF Dismisses Idea Of Eguavoen As Super Eagles’ Interim Coach / Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser / AFCON: Musa, Chukwueze On Target As Eagles Beat Coton Sport In Practice Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by robosky02(m): 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2021
Interim Super Eagles boss, Augustine Eguavoen said he was shocked when his name was announced as the next coach of the national team.

Franco-German gaffer, Gernot Rohr was sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) over the weekend after a series of not-too-good results during the World Cup qualifying series.

Eguavoen said he never expected that the former Burkina Faso coach would be sacked despite a cloud hanging over his future.

Technical Director of the Federation, Eguavoen was appointed to take over the managerial reins for the time being.

“I would say I was shocked, I was surprised when my name was announced after a brief discussion but I thought Gernot Rohr will continue because it has always been is he going to continue is he not going to continue, we’re going to sort things out,” Eguavoen told Channels Television.

“And then when my bosses spoke to me about it a couple of days ago I was like why not but is there a possibility that we can sort things out with him.

“We couldn’t get things sorted out and you know when stuff like this happens, the next person in line is the Technical Director.

“It’s something I’ve been through before, I am in the system, I know everything about the players and management, of course, the administration also.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/12/16/i-was-surprised-by-my-appointment-as-eagles-interim-coach-austin-eguavoen/

5 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2021
grin grin
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by robosky02(m): 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
Hmmmmm

Somebody has not recovered from all the shocks

And you want to start surprise....

Abeg also surprise us with the trophy

10 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by emorse(m): 2:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
I hope you won't be surprised when you're sacked cos that's how we roll here. Anyhowness is our way.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
So you no apply for job them just employ you like that?Be ready to be a rubber stamp coach like senate President Ahmed Lawan.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by Winningbot: 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2021
shocked
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by Perfecttouch(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
Wetin you lobby for?
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
Just do a good job and leave the surprises alone.

No time Augustine.

Okwyjesus:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Work full ground person still dey surprise

Lol cheesy
No mind Augustine abeg.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by purplekayc(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
Why didn't you reject it?
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by bigdammyj: 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
Okay
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
That means he never apply for the Job in the first case!

Welcome to Nigeria!

Make dem just carry the Head coach Job give Papillo,
Make we dey go nation's cup �‍♀️

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by NextPresido: 4:11pm On Dec 16, 2021
This one na just placeholder until Amanju and his gang find the next oyibo coach wey dem go take use embezzle dollars

If you know you know wink

8 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by gazilion: 4:11pm On Dec 16, 2021
Eguavoen is saying half truth!

Eguavoen is a schemer and deep inside, he wanted the job and wished for it. I remember how he stabbed his best friend, Keshi at the back to take over the Eagles job years ago!!

His first stint as a coach was not satisfactory. With the benefit of doubt, we hope you surprise us this time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by chloride6: 4:11pm On Dec 16, 2021
Austin congratulations but stop lying there...

You are too old for this..

2 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by salford1: 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
Eastlink:
Mark it down. Eguavoen as coach will be the final nail in the coffin for the Super Eagles.
Same Eguavoen that messed up against Italy in the 1994 World Cup second round. I am not expecting much from him. Maybe he would shock us too my bring home a trophy.

I remember how Roberto Baggio's equalizer goal slipped past his legs and how he finally gave Italy the wining goal penalty.

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/1994usa/news/worldcupathome-nigeria-italy-1994-baggio-comeback

2 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by Unibener: 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
This is Nigeria for you.
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by foreshore(m): 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by slivertongue: 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
Another failure
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by AuntLaVIV(f): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
Eguavoen Was actually eating when he got the news of his appointment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLIfkzUqjxk

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by Adeniranloye(m): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
we remove wahala come bring another wahala

if not how person go say he was surprise by his appoinment

what should we expect from such person?
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by jaxxy(m): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
Meaning he is unprepared. Amunike wud have been better eguavoen acts like he doesn’t understand the assignment.

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by Ask4bigneyo(m): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2021
Ogun Efon
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by Dorcmass(m): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2021
Na wen dem owe u 23 month salary u go know
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by brain54(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
Na true say you dey drink tea when they call you?

Answer...!
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by aikyg(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
This man has not even started and he's already being shocked. I have a feeling that he'll also say that he's shocked, when or if he loses any match in the nearest future. God deliver us!
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by ogawisdom(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
grin

U should be surprised since u have not coached for over 5years.

He ll start taking bribe from players to invite them grin na today
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by PennywysCares(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
cheesy
Re: Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me by chudez0147(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2021
Shocked but happy ... naija ibrahimovic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! / Ahmed Musa Closes In On Yobo, Enyeama National Team Record Of Most Appearance / Chukwueze Ends 17-Game La Liga Goal Drought With Brace In Villarreal Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.