Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

At SOKAPU Award, CAN Chairman, Sen Sani Urge Nigerians To Hold Govt Accountable - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / At SOKAPU Award, CAN Chairman, Sen Sani Urge Nigerians To Hold Govt Accountable (385 Views)

Master of Meditation Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar urge Nigerians to pursue peace / Couple Hold Their Church Wedding And Reception At A Beach In Lagos. Photos / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

At SOKAPU Award, CAN Chairman, Sen Sani Urge Nigerians To Hold Govt Accountable by okrote4real: 3:52am On Dec 19, 2021
The Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Rev John Joseph Hayab has called on Nigerians to speak out against atrocities being meted on them, insisting they must hold the government accountable.

Hayab stated this during the 2021 award/dinner organised by the youth wing of the Southern Kaduna Peoples Union (SOKAPU), an even a senior journalist with LEADERSHIP Newspaper, Sunday Isuwa won the outstanding journalist of the year award.

The CAN chairman who also received an award as the Outstanding Voice of the Year, said some of them won't have been speaking but added that the situation in their state made them to do so.

"Wether you clap for me or not, you will hear my voice. It is time for us to close the rank and unite. Move away from people who divide us. The challenges in the state force us to do what we are doing," Hayab said adding that SOKAPU is not a religious organisation.

"SOKAPU is not a religious organisation but the place where SOKAPU is coming from has predominantly one region and people who are of different faith are loved and cherished," Hayab said while commending the youth leaders of SOKAPU for showing immense unity.

"When I saw Sabastine Luka, Nasiru Jagaba and John Isaac Sirjay (SOKAPU youth leader) siting in the same table, I was happy because there is atmosphere of unity. But we have not totally gotten out of these divisiveness because I can feel a little of it even in this hall," Hayab, who is also the country representative of the Global Peace Foundation, added.

Speaking, the Senator who represented Kaduna Central at the red chamber from 2015 - 2019, Shehu Sani, said Nigerians must hold the government to accountable.

"The leadership of the state is decisive," Sani said adding that they most continue to speak truth to power.

"SOKAPU should continue to stand on the principle at which it was created.
SOKAPU should ensure the people get good leadership. A state that was ordained to be multicultural and multi-religious have been divided.

"The reasons for our nomination I believed was on principle and we will continue to speak truth to power," Sani, who was also honoured by SOKAPU said.

The receiver of the Outstanding Journalist of the year award, Sunday Isuwa, said he was elated to be honoured by his immidiate community.

According to Isuwa, the award will spur him to do more in reporting on the plight of the people especially the rural dwellers.

"Whenever I passed through communities that had no road neither bridge before but now have them as a result of our reporting, I am always supper excited. I am happy because my work as a journalist is helping in advancing good governance and we will continue to do more for the betterment of our society," Isuwa said.

(1) (Reply)

E Money Birthday: Obi Cubana, Zuby Michael, Jowizaza Donated. / Agege Independence Green Walk 2022 Is Here Again. / History And Origin Of Biafra - Full Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.