Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad (986 Views)

N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 4:51am On Dec 21, 2021
This topic keeps coming up in different threads. And it doesn't seem like too many people are aware of these opportunities. So I'm going to drop random info here on what it's like, pay, options, and locations.

I'll try to post info on reputable firms and staffing firms, but I'm not here to promote a company. I just want people to know what's out there.

I'm focusing on North America, but these jobs are everywhere in the world. However, I think the better work conditions and pay are probably in North America and the UK (I don't trust racist Australians).

But anyway, let's get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTsOpI8Xtqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azQvZr8tbdY
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 21, 2021
cousin9999 with his imaginary talks. with all the so-called tips why are you still on nigeria so you think an oil company in alberta or in the USa will employ foreigners easily. keep dreaming

2 Likes

Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 5:21am On Dec 21, 2021
Mechanics working in mines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQE2Xh4K9bI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1c4PiFbkAA

I'll post some info on it, but women work on these sites too (in every position) and that's not especially new.
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2021
Some of you are wondering how the process goes for foreign workers. There's a lot of info for Canada, but I'm not seeing quite as much for the US.

Programs for Immigrants
The industry has responded by developing a number of programs to attract newcomers. These include initiatives to attract newcomers to remote locations of the province, corporate efforts to encourage diversity in the workplace, and strategies for streamlining foreign-credential recognition. In fact, the energy sector has responded by developing a number of programs to attract newcomers and those interested in pursuing a career in Oil & Gas in Canada. Some of these programs include:

Initiatives intended to attract newcomers to remote locations of Alberta & BC
Efforts at the corporate level to encourage workplace diversity
Plans to streamline foreign-credential recognition

https://www.energyjobshop.com/articles/immigrants-get-oil-gas-job-canada/

1. Express Entry System
If you’re a skilled worker such as an engineering technician, mine overseer, or geologist and would like to work in Canada’s mining industry then one of the quickest and easiest ways to do so is through the Express Entry immigration system. If your application is successful you will obtain a Canadian permanent resident visa. A major benefit of taking the Express route is that you don’t need to find a mining job in Canada as a requirement to qualify for an Express Entry program but it could boost your PR points with an additional 50-200 points!

2. Canadian Work Permit
Intermediate skilled mine workers like laborers and machine operators can work towards a permanent future in Canada with a temporary work visa. You’ll need a job offer to qualify for a work visa that will allow you to work in Canada on a temporary basis. Your Canadian work permit is issued along with a temporary resident visa and indicates for whom you can work, where you can work, and for how long you can work in the country.
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2021
In Alberta, certain oil, gas, and mining jobs are exempt from Canada's LMIA requirement.

Here's a random list of companies to find opportunities with.
https://www.capp.ca/about/membership/producer-members/
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 2:45am On Dec 22, 2021
The next few posts are maps giving you an indication of where you could work.

Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 2:46am On Dec 22, 2021
More locations

Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 2:53am On Dec 22, 2021

Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 3:04am On Dec 22, 2021
Also, jobs on these sites aren't limited to engineers, trades, and laborers. They need admin, housing, and kitchen staff.
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 3:48am On Dec 22, 2021
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 4:15am On Dec 22, 2021
General

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P2f_UN9C3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbfSSsN3Pv8

Also, it seems oil, gas, and mining will take any engineer (civil, mech, electro) and use them. The sites also appear to allow you to train in other stuff if they have a need, so you can potentially get or develop a trade (or several) from working there and/or applying from within. But I don't know if that's very common. It's something to be aware of and pursue though. It can open the door to other opportunities and credentials outside oil, gas, and mining, and in several countries.
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 22, 2021
Hello
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by mayorlikeu(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2021
Link plsss ao do one Start the process
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:08am On Dec 23, 2021
Oil and gas that doesn't even have enough jobs for Canadians and Americans will leave their citizens and take Nigerians. The same oil and gas that a top Canadian university closed that particular department due to the high unemployment rate of the graduates that continued to pass out from there for years. Continue joking. The only work visas going out now are to tech people and doctors. Other professions are already saturated.

2 Likes

Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by ednut1(m): 1:10am On Dec 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Oil and gas that doesn't even have enough jobs for Canadians and Americans will leave their citizens and take Nigerians. The same oil and gas that a top Canadian university closed that particular department due to the high unemployment rate of the graduates that continued to pass out from there for years. Continue joking. The only work visas going out now are to tech people and doctors. Other professions are already saturated.
the guy obviously is a deluded felow. Posts theories with no idea of reality
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 4:11am On Dec 23, 2021
Another way to explore opportunities besides job boards or employer websites is provincial websites. Use the maps above to narrow your focus to those with the most activity.

Also, consider the following article on the industry itself.

"Although Britain is calling for an end to coal, it was nevertheless forced to restart a mothballed coal-powered plant to help make up for the electricity shortage."

"today’s $86 trillion world economy, which gets 80 percent of its energy from hydrocarbons."

"In its place is intended to be a net-carbon-free energy system, albeit one with carbon capture, for what could be a $185 trillion economy in 2050. To do that in less than 30 years—and accomplish much of the change in the next nine—is a very tall order."

"It’s not just a matter of shifting from gasoline-powered cars to electric ones, which themselves, by the way, are about 20 percent plastic. It’s about shifting away from all the other ways we use plastics and other oil and gas derivatives. Plastics are used in wind towers and solar panels, and oil is necessary to lubricate wind turbines. The casing of your cellphone is plastic, and the frames of your glasses likely are too, as well as many of the tools in a hospital operating room. The air frames of the Boeing 787, Airbus A350, and F-35 Joint Strike Fighter jet are all made out of high-strength, petroleum-derived carbon fiber. The number of passenger planes is expected to double in the next two decades. They are also unlikely to fly on batteries."

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/620813/
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Raalsalghul: 6:32am On Dec 23, 2021
With so many buzz words like green supply chain, renewable energy, reducing emissions, environmental management: can we say Oil and Gas is a thing?
Re: Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad by Cousin9999: 2:45pm On Mar 26, 2022
Raalsalghul:
With so many buzz words like green supply chain, renewable energy, reducing emissions, environmental management: can we say Oil and Gas is a thing?

Neither will be replaced any time soon. And even when that happens, the same energy firms in oil and gas are already transitioning to clean energy. Regardless, people need energy, and the same jobs will be there for techs, engineers, admin, managers, truckers, housing/dining staff, and etc.

(1) (Reply)

Which Transporters Do Abuja To Sango Ota? / A Good Link To Study Abroa / Uk Student Visa Goes Tough As Mutallab Fallout Creates More Issues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.