Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,718 members, 7,851,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:41 PM

LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide (3043 Views)

Driver Evading LASTMA Raid Crushes Street Cleaners To Death In Lagos / All Female Air Traffic Control Personnel Take Charge At Airports (Photo) / Wazobia Fm Onitsha Begins Xtmas Traffic Control At Headbridge Onitsha: PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by money121(m): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2021
The General Manager, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Mr. Bolaji Oreagba, has assured Lagosians that traffic personnel will be fully on ground to professionally and adequately manage traffic before, during and after the festive period.

Oreagba gave the assurance during a strategic meeting held with the Comptrollers and Zonal Heads at LASTMA Headquarters in Oshodi, noting that the yuletide season is usually characterised by a high volume of human and vehicular movements, hence extra effort would be required to ensure a free flow of vehicle movements across the Lagos metropolis.

His words: “All motorists are urged to maintain speed limits as they embark on their journeys into, within and outside Lagos. Entry and exit points into Lagos will be fully manned by our officers for adequate control and management of traffic. Major entry/exit roads in Lagos, like Lagos-Ibadan, Lagos-Abeokuta, Lagos-Badagry, Lekki-Epe Expressways and Lagos-Ikorodu-Sagamu Highway, would be adequately covered by our personnel for smooth and seamless traffic flow. Major road intersections would not be left out in our strategic coverage to ensure free traffic flow”.

The General Manager added that LASTMA officers’ presence would be felt across all the major road intersections with regular and consistent patrols, especially notorious traffic flashpoints, imploring all road users to adhere strictly to the traffic laws, at all times, not only to avoid accidents but to also prevent avoidable arrest and prosecution.

“Everybody prays to experience a joyous season. However, to be alive to witness the season and even beyond the season, we must, therefore, be moderate in the celebration of the season. Do not drink and drive and don’t endanger yourself and other road users while on the road, as the law will not be spared in dealing with errant road users who want to infringe on other people’s rights to use the roads safely”, he asserted.

Oreagba also counselled that in order to achieve a traffic-free Lagos, all motorists must maintain lane discipline, obey traffic rules and regulations as stated in the traffic law of Lagos State, maintaining that all acts of indiscipline and unruly behaviour by vehicle owners and road users would not be tolerated.
https://punchng.com/yuletide-lastma-assures-lagos-motorists-of-adequate-traffic-control/?amp

Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by money121(m): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2021
Igando lastman left d whatsapp group grin grin

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by slawormiir: 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by visijo(m): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
Today na my own, tomorrow fit still be my own ! Life no be turn by turn… cool

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Kingfragz: 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
Stupid people

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Irondome1: 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
The best time to stay in Lagos is during yuletide....

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by FalseProphet1(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
Latsma will cause more pains for lagosians than good.

This I have seen.
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
No single lastma on bourdilion to Lekki. Serious traffic right now and the time is 9.49pm. believe them on Ur own.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Abilistic(m): 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
More like adequate harassment and arresting lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by lukency(m): 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
Traffic control and extortion.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Globad(f): 9:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
Dead Lastma
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Kingfragz: 9:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
atoyat:

In fact extremely stupid
they pray and wait for motorists to commit an offense and Boom...Dem go bill money wey pass their 2months salary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by frubben(m): 9:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
Believe him at your own peril. LASTMA wey no wise
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Tototoosweet: 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2021
Awon werey Lastma
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by AfonjaConehead: 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2021
Authority stealing thieves..
You arrested a korope driver and extorted £50k from him after you asked him for his route number!!!!
Wicked people

You see them doing their work,the moment a motorist makes the slightest mistake and all of them will just abadon their work and swim on the drivers like bees on honey!
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by lozanni(m): 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2021
The fear of LASTMA is the beginning of wisdom for Lagos motorists.
I don't know the kind of timing device LASTMA guys have in their brains. They time the change of traffic control light from Amber to Red with a precision that I find difficult to understand. God help you if you find your car stuck in such situation because before you can say: Jack, you will find one or two of the LASTMA officials in front of your car; you must cough out some egunje before they let you go.
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Ejebleje: 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2021
Wash! Traffic no go dey anywhere . People go don travel finish by then.
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by gazza07(m): 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2021
Confused lots. Worst thing I've ever seen in lagos, they're unarmed robbers. Lastman should be scrapped without any further delay. These guys are only interested in the next victim to extort
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by mywells: 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2021
What can area boiz in uniformed do just cause traffic and make thier own daily bread useless set of people in that curse uniform,when you played with your career lastman would be your next bus stop,God anything that would let me join this lastman i forbid it insha allah.
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Qoko: 12:04am On Dec 23, 2021
When traffic wanted to me today 22-12-2021, from Osborn-3rd mainland bridge to Iyana oworo, from airport road to NNPC. God dey
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Sanmel(f): 6:44am On Dec 23, 2021
Qoko:
When traffic wanted to me today 22-12-2021, from Osborn-3rd mainland bridge to Iyana oworo, from airport road to NNPC. God dey
Chai! So annoying.. I spent over 3hrs from cele to Jakande cry cry
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Whois(m): 6:54am On Dec 23, 2021
Audio assurance. Learn to make use of google map, use similar ETA with less red traffic lines. Lastma will only add to your frustration when you make slight mistake
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by nosiebaba(m): 7:24am On Dec 23, 2021
They are actually assuring motorists of adequate exploitation. grin 100k for slight traffic offense. How much be minimum wage.
Re: LASTMA Assures Lagosians Of Adequate Traffic Control During Yuletide by Zainabthegirl1(f): 7:41am On Dec 23, 2021
Na so

(1) (2) (Reply)

United States Embassy Is A Big Scam / London Uk Or Limerick Ireland / Please I Need Help Belgium/france Visa Application Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.