Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? (14526 Views)

Optimizing Your Website For Online Business Success (part 2) / Online Learning Platform Launch Otutors.com.ng / Which Data Plan Is Best For Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by heyhey2016: 11:49am On Dec 25, 2021
h
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by jkingx(m): 11:52am On Dec 25, 2021
You deh understand Indian guys intonation?
One Indian guy make almost totally wipe out my MacBook pro drive!
I am an electrical and electronics engineer (telecom, power, broadcasting construction) and IT pro (a little of everything but more of infratructure and systems integration) with nearly 20 years post graduate experience. Never have the patience for coding.
Ok. To your question, I have not taken any courses from codeacademy though the name may suggest they may be more focused on coding stuff but I've taken a few courses with coursera and I can recommend them.

1 Like

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by olurili(m): 11:54am On Dec 25, 2021
Lalami3232:
Both are good, even W3schools.
But I never used any of them because I prefer getting different books from different authors online, with that, my knowledge is broader and wider. If I no dey grasp the concepts, I go use the DOC of the language/framework instead of those coursera/w3school.
Udemy videos still make sense too but u no fit compare yourself wey use udemy videos to people wey read different books.
Why I dey always stand out from the multitude be say, I wan know how the stuffs dey work behind the scene, not just how E dey compile at runtime. Laslas, do whatever works for you sha.
If I tell people say NodeJS na C++ program wey dem embed for inside Google v8 engine, dem no go believe. For the young developer, no just limit yourself to one source of learning, get different resources, that one go make u know am very deep.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "Instead of you to truncate your life by doing yahoo/runs, go learn software development".
pls sir can you be my teacher
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Joelobioha(m): 11:54am On Dec 25, 2021
Whynow:
Most of my learnings are on Udemy. They are running promo sales now. I think it ends today
yeah 3500 or so...I bought a forex trading course
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by dalass(f): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2021
mentor115:
Codeacademy is good... Am a learner too on the platform is interesting to me... They start from scratch to bring you up.. Also is user friendly, you will enjoy enrolling on codacademy

How much for enrollment?
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by damosade(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2021
Udemy
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Lalami3232(m): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2021
olurili:
pls sir can you be my teacher

I'm a bad teacher but a good mentor. I would so push you to the wall until na you go vex block me for Whatsapp grin.
I don't mind waking you up by 1AM for you to get up and start writing codes. So my guy, people dey see me dey run because of my insatiable appetite for learning. Now u see why I can't accept your offer. No vex!!!

3 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by yusufu16: 11:58am On Dec 25, 2021
Whynow:
Coursera has alignments with some schools and even big organisations , and their certifications are also valued. Course contents are well organised

Codecademy , I haven't used .

I have used Udemy (python and SQL) , datacamp ( for refresher) .. Very much okay.

You are absolutely right. At the moment I already taking course on UX Design offered by Google themselves. Coursera certificate is recognised by many top organisations and companies.

Also, the prospect of getting a job with their certificate is very high.

5 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by olaolaking: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2021
Whynow:
Most of my learnings are on Udemy. They are running promo sales now. I think it ends today
We just download it and move. No time to check price
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by olurili(m): 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lalami3232:

I'm a bad teacher but a good mentor. I would so push you to the wall until na you go vex block me for Whatsapp grin.
I don't mind waking you up by 1AM for you to get up and start writing codes. So my guy, people dey see me dey run because of my insatiable appetite for learning. Now u see why I can't accept your offer. No vex!!!
i will be okay with that
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Help2020: 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
I started coding as fun, but I found out I have a deep interest in it. I have downloaded more than 74 videos that I use for my learning.
I also watch videos on data structure and algorithms. I will like to take a step further by enrolling in an online platform for more learning and to belong to a community. The Indian Guy suggested I enroll in Codecademy, while someone here on nairaland suggested Coursera.

Please I will like to know which of the two is the real deal and why. Also, where can I enroll for a physical internship either in Lagos or Abuja. Preferably a firm run by Chinese or Indian. I won't mind a Nigerian community provided I get what I am looking for. I can create time for the internship.

N/B. In my field(EEE( Embedded Systems)) I need deep knowledge of coding to create a niche.
Merry Christmas to this great family.
For me,I paid about one thousand Niit for offline class..But I later realize that coding is something you teach yourself..Constant practices by different projects. Be trying out things,and learn from mistake and correct it..
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Skillsnigeria: 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by SarutobiEky(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lalami3232:
But I never used any of them because I prefer getting different books from different authors online, with that, my knowledge is broader and wider. If I no dey grasp the concepts, I go use the DOC of the language/framework instead of those coursera/w3school.
Udemy videos still make sense too but u no fit compare yourself wey use udemy videos to people wey read different books.
Why I dey always stand out from the multitude be say, I wan know how the stuffs dey work behind the scene, not just how E dey compile at runtime. Laslas, do whatever works for you sha.
If I tell people say NodeJS na C++ program wey dem embed for inside Google v8 engine, dem no go believe. For the young developer, no just limit yourself to one source of learning, get different resources, that one go make u know am very deep.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "Instead of you to truncate your life by doing yahoo/runs, go learn software development".
bros shey we fit talk? It's important please.
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by jbreezy: 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2021
Well well...like one user commented..I use different textbooks for learning maybe cos I enjoy reading more...Then I use youtube to nourish my study..so back to your question, from what I heard from colleagues, codeacademy is a sure bet.
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by VKconcept(m): 12:04pm On Dec 25, 2021
You should go for Coursera, they've top notch tutorials and the feeling of being tutor by University of Hopkins Lecturers. You hardly get that anywhere else.

1 Like

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by BJanta: 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lalami3232:

Good
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Lalami3232(m): 12:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
SarutobiEky:
bros shey we fit talk? It's important please.

Important Oya give me the bet9ja code make I go play am since you say the game is important grin

I just dey joke oooo,no mind me. So what's the issue, bro?

1 Like

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by BJanta: 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lalami3232:

Good
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Aguilar(m): 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
Code academy
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by ALFADOS(m): 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
ojun50:
Happy birthday Jesus
fiction
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by SimplyAJ(m): 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
Which one don give you job for shell
Mumu. Better get sense. Coding is far lucrative than shell job. My cousin has been working in an oil and gas firm for over 4 years. Salary never enter 1m. Another guy I know just left school in 2020. Started coding when he was in 200 level. Monthly payment 3k+ dols monthly. He works from home and is out chilling almost every time he's not working. He recently applied to Google and Facebook and both companies assigned personnels that reached out to him for an interview. He's a full stack developer.

Choose the life you want!!

6 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Ayo081(m): 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
Beware of tutorial hell o: o:
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Slimwhyt(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
Coursera
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
Codeacademy helps with practice better than Coursera. Coursera is more about the "why" and Codeacademy is more about the "how". If I were you I would use both.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by SarutobiEky(m): 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lalami3232:

Important Oya give me the bet9ja code make I go play am since you say the game is important grin

I just dey joke oooo,no mind me. So what's the issue, bro?
boss.. grin the bet9ja got me...lol well, boss e don tey wey I dey procrastinate learning code due to my bad laptop battery and family wahala. I wanted to ask for how to get those books and what you would recommend a beginner like me. Plenty wey I go like ask sir. Thanks
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Antell95(m): 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
Their website is trashy to start with?
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Shakitibob0: 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
Joelobioha:
yeah 3500 or so...I bought a forex trading course
can you share the link with me? let me buy too
Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by peterincredible: 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2021
Personally to me I don't think any one really make a difference I use mostly udemy for my own learning the problem is are you patient,determined and mostly deciplined enough to complete the course you enrolled for? That is the big question I hope this clear some air for you.
If you are patient,determined and disciplined enough I will just say go for anyone that suits you and pls before paying for this course look at the rating of the course if it has a good rating enroll for that course

2 Likes

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Legendoo: 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lalami3232:

Sense is just too much. Merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by HRprof: 1:36pm On Dec 25, 2021
My learning formula :
YouTube is my mobile university and I use it for self thought skill. I have acquired a skill through YouTube from beginner to job ready as a DATA Analyst. I wake up every midnight and download videos on YouTube watch and practice it. I learn from different videos from different YouTuber on courses related data analytics on analytical tools such as Power BI, SQL, Python pandas , Tableau, Queries, Pivot and advance excel. I also search online for materials on the subject's and study it. The only thing that will warrant me for online academy course is to get the certification there is nothing different from what they will teach me than what I have learnt so far

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Codecademy Or Coursera, Which Is The Best For Online Learning? by Xzellentgraphic: 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
Lalami3232:

Please..can you recommend the textbook you have been using for me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Old Naijamobile.tk Now Changed To 9jamobile.net / Webmasters Introduce Yourself. / Mark Zuckerberg Says His Goal For 2018 Is To ‘fix’ Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.