Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Can Any HR Expert Help? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can Any HR Expert Help? (10009 Views)

Noemdek HR / HR Index Call Center Agent Job / HR Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Any HR Expert Help? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
Hi there

Please can you help?

Just received the message below from a friend working in the Plateau State Civil Service:

Good evening my dear...I'll soon be retiring from service by the grace of God, come February 2022, any vacancy for me somewhere as a Fire Safety Officer?

Please what do you suggest as the best way to connect him with legit career opportunities and not scams?

Thanks for your help

@backT
@LaurelP
@davide470
@mukina
@uboma

3 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by HRprof: 9:13am On Dec 26, 2021
alignacademy:
Hi there

Please can you help?

Just received the message below from a friend working in the Plateau State Civil Service:

Good evening my dear...I'll soon be retiring from service by the grace of God, come February 2022, any vacancy for me somewhere as a Fire Safety Officer?

Please what do you suggest as the best way to connect him with legit career opportunities and not scams?

Thanks for your help

@backT
@LaurelP
@davide470
@mukina2
@uboma

He is still looking for a job after retirement ! I will advise him to better run a consulting firm as a safety training consultant and start getting contract from companies to train their safety officers especially in the oil and gas companies.

Is unfortunately some people don’t plan for their retirement.
My 2 cents

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by Dozie32(m): 11:12am On Dec 26, 2021
Happy Christmas nairalanders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by chibike69: 11:12am On Dec 26, 2021
wink

1 Like

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by ogawisdom(m): 11:12am On Dec 26, 2021
grin

How much has he saved in his investment account n retirement savings account?

He should be thinking of self employment not another salary job

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by Fmlao: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2021
He should open shop to start selling padlocks and fetcher

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by oluwaseyi0: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2021
If he is retiring that means he must have worked for 35 years or almost 70 years of age

he should go and rest and let younger ones get jobs he doesn't have the strength for any major job again

all these old generation Nigerians there sit-tight die-there syndrome is out of this world

he is looking for fire safety role grin grin I'm sure house will have completely finished burning to ashes before he carries his sluggish self to the location and when he gets there he won't have the energy to hold the fire hose to combat the fire

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by MrOON: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2021
There is no Job, Oga!
Allow young people to work.
This ready-to-retire man still want to come and hustle the available job. He should go and rest or rather, open a consulting firm, and pass on his knowledge by employing others.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by b3llo(m): 11:13am On Dec 26, 2021
This kind of person is among those increasing the percentage of unemployment. He should not be selfish.

He should by now think of employing young bloods.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by Dailymice: 11:14am On Dec 26, 2021
cool

1 Like

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by wordapostle(m): 11:14am On Dec 26, 2021
Mmm

1 Like

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by AFULA(m): 11:14am On Dec 26, 2021
Nawa... Its like the man is a very very very greedy man.... Tell him to go and rest.

5 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by boldking(m): 11:14am On Dec 26, 2021
What did he spend his youthful age doing? Retirement means resting and enjoying see this one

Instagram Facebook Twitter YouTube Pinterest Facebook followers with views comments likes and mentions at an affordable price

2 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by SmartGadgetz: 11:14am On Dec 26, 2021
Tell him or her to focus on Investments they did or about to do.

2005 Toyota Corolla, buy and drive, Ac chilling, Price #1.6m
PICTURES on my profile.
Fastest fingers.

1 Like

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by allen113: 11:15am On Dec 26, 2021
Somebody up their said he should open a shop and start selling padlock and fetcher grin

Nawa o

14 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by ImoleNaija: 11:15am On Dec 26, 2021
E choke me too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by osazsky(m): 11:15am On Dec 26, 2021
He should invest in bitcoin with his whole gratuity..who knows anything can happen..he does not need work again he is old.no company will employ him bar consultaning jobs...advising jobs ..etc

2 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by money121(m): 11:15am On Dec 26, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by Inuendo: 11:15am On Dec 26, 2021
It's a life's lesson.

I'm not an HR person per se, but with his age and experience he wouldn't be able to do much at a new job than just play advisory roles.

That's why you should start planning your retirement from the first day you start your job, but telling people this is like you hate them. I learnt this fact from my closeness to a LGA SSS Director during my NYSC in Imo as the CLO.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by GboyegaD(m): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2021
You may want to first know his thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by Curvinus(m): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2021
@60, hes rather too old to be seeking paid employment.

2 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by TempUser: 11:17am On Dec 26, 2021
This is worth more than 50 Cents! angry
HRprof:

He is still looking for a job after retirement ! I will advise him to better run a consulting firm as a safety training consultant and start getting contract from companies to train their safety officers especially in the oil and gas companies.

Is unfortunately some people don’t plan for their retirement.
My 2 cents

3 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by Curvinus(m): 11:17am On Dec 26, 2021
Shebi they'll pay him retirement benefits, including the contributory pension. He should look to invest it in something profitable.

2 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by azpekuliar: 11:18am On Dec 26, 2021
Fmlao:

cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by Agricmoney(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2021
hmmm ok. He should detest going back into service cause this is the time for him to enjoy his labour.He should look for a credible business to start while overseeing it and rest because all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. And for the young ones let us have a plan B for our current endeavors that if we decide to leave it today there would be something to fall back to and not just a sole source of income irrespective of it being lucrative.In essence , have a multiple Sources of income.

Anyway, Agriculture is life

3 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by setobaba: 11:21am On Dec 26, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
If he is retiring that means he must have worked for 35 years or almost 70 years of age

he should go and rest and let younger ones get jobs he doesn't have the strength for any major job again

all these old generation Nigerians there sit-tight die-there syndrome is out of this world

he is looking for fire safety role grin grin I'm sure house will have completely finished burning to ashes before he carries his sluggish self to the location and when he gets there he won't have the energy to hold the fire hose to combat the fire
Will his bills also be put to rest

1 Like

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 26, 2021
Are you a retiree yourself? No one can give what he doesn't have.

1 Like

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by Abc2Z: 11:23am On Dec 26, 2021
This life sha

Man can NEVER be contented.
You retired from civil service, instead of you to go and rest and spend end splendid time with your friends and family.

Many graduates are still unemployed. Why can't he leave the stage for the youths.

Can he be self employed and also be employment of labor.

2 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by daddio(m): 11:23am On Dec 26, 2021
Fmlao:

Hmm! But you wicked small

2 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by Cousin9999: 11:27am On Dec 26, 2021
He could start a business or charity.

3 Likes

Re: Can Any HR Expert Help? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 26, 2021
1.Protect your pension with all your life.
2. Take your pension and either put it in annuity or a pension fund, in my opinion, annuity is better.
3. Pls don't listen to anyone who have one investment to carried out or one contract to carried out with your pension money.
4. There is no retirement in life except you are planning to retire to the grave.
5. Try to find something doing, an active mind lives long
6. No more monthly salaries or pecks, So try to reduce cost.
7. If your children can't be trusted, they shouldn't know your pin to your atm or shouldn't even know your atm code.
8. Protect your pension, it is your life if you plan of doing nothing.
9. Pls find for something doing, if you like farming, go farm, it is better than an idle pensioner. Just do something.
10. Have time for rest and enough sleep, you are getting older.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heineken International Graduate Recruitment 2018 / Receive Job Alert On Mobile Phone In Nigeria / N-power Batch C: How To Fix Bvn/profile Names Matching Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.