Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,038 members, 7,814,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Ageing Starts From The Feet Upwards - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ageing Starts From The Feet Upwards (827 Views)

Pictures: Old Twins Ageing Gracefully / I'm 63 And I'm Only Ageing Backwards - People Think I'm Still In My 20s / Xiaoyu: 14-Year-Old Chinese Boy Set To Be Tallest Teen In The World At 7.25 Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ageing Starts From The Feet Upwards by snitchbitch: 1:03am On Dec 26, 2021
*Ageing starts from the feet upwards !*

KEEP YOUR LEGS ACTIVE & STRONG !!

▪️As we put on years & keep getting old on a daily basis , our feet must always remain active & strong.
As we are constantly ageing / get aged, we should not be afraid of our hair turning grey (or) skin sagging ( or) wrinkles on face.

▪️Among the signs of *longevity*, long fit life as summarized by the popular US Magazine " Prevention ", strong leg muscles are listed on the top, as *the most important & essential one.*
Please walk daily.

▪️If you don’t move your legs for just two weeks, your real leg strength will decrease by 10 years.
*Just walk*

▪️A study from the University of Copenhagen in Denmark found that both old & young, during the two weeks of *inactivity*, the legs muscle strength can *weaken by a third* which is equivalent to 20-30 years of ageing !!
*So just walk*

▪️As our leg muscles weaken, it will take a long time to recover, even if we do rehabilitation & exercises, later.
WALK.

▪️Therefore, *regular exercise like walking, is very important*.

▪️The whole body weight/ load remains and rest on the legs.

▪️The *feet are a kind of pillars*, bearing the entire weight of the human body.
*Walk everyday.*

▪️Interestingly, 50% of a person's bones & 50% of the muscles, are in the two legs.
*Do walk*

▪️The largest & strongest joints & bones of the human body are also in the legs.
*10K steps / day*

▪️Strong bones, strong muscles and flexible joints form the *Iron Triangle* that carries the most important load i.e. *the human body."*

▪️70% of human activity and burning of energy in one's life is done by the two feet.

▪️Do you know this ? When a person is young, his/ her *thighs have enough strength , to lift a small car of 800 kg !*

▪️The *foot is the center of body locomotion*.

▪️Both the legs together have 50% of the nerves of the human body, 50% of the blood vessels and 50% of the blood is flowing through them.

▪️ It is the largest circulatory network that connects the body.
*So walk daily.*

▪️Only *when the feet are healthy then the convention current of blood flows , smoothly, so people who have strong leg muscles will definitely have a strong heart.* Walk.

▪️Aging starts from the feet upwards

▪️As a person gets older, the accuracy & speed of transmission of instructions between the brain and the legs decreases, unlike when a person is young. *Please walk*

▪️In addition, the so-called Bone Fertilizer Calcium will sooner or later be lost with the passage of time, making the elderly more prone to bone fractures. *WALK.*

▪️Bone fractures in the elderly can easily trigger a series of complications, especially fatal diseases such as brain thrombosis.

▪️Do you know that 15% of elderly patients generally, will die max. within a year of a thigh-bone fracture !! *Walk daily without fail*

▪️ *Exercising the legs, is never too late, even after the age of 60 years.*

▪️Although our feet/legs will gradually age with time, exercising our feet/ legs is a life-long task.
*Walk 10,000 steps*

▪️Only by regular strengthening the legs, one can prevent or reduce further aging. *Walk 365 days*

▪️ Please walk for at least 30-40 minutes daily to ensure that your legs receive sufficient exercise and to ensure that your leg muscles remain health.

1 Like

Re: Ageing Starts From The Feet Upwards by Benbelor(m): 1:24am On Dec 26, 2021
Yes it is but it is scarcely noticeable
Re: Ageing Starts From The Feet Upwards by NoFucksToGive: 1:55am On Dec 26, 2021
Them evening news papers won't like this cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ageing Starts From The Feet Upwards by MsFaith: 4:41am On Dec 26, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
Them evening news papers won't like this cheesy

Won’t you age?

1 Like

Re: Ageing Starts From The Feet Upwards by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
That is why i dread skiping leg day. angry
Re: Ageing Starts From The Feet Upwards by doggedfighter(f): 8:07am On Jan 19, 2022
A good and insightful reading.

Thanks,Op
Re: Ageing Starts From The Feet Upwards by Polynek(m): 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
Educative
Re: Ageing Starts From The Feet Upwards by TheeDetective: 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
@Op; thank you for this piece

This is the sort of educative piece I want to see on front page and not the frequent trash that is now becoming so common on front page

1 Like

Re: Ageing Starts From The Feet Upwards by faithfull18(f): 8:14am On Jan 20, 2022
True.

(1) (Reply)

California Woman Finds $36K In Cash Inside Craigslist Couch / Please Help Me Find A Man – 123-year-old Woman Searching For Perfect Man Cries / Fireproof Safe Going Cheap !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.