Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 (39386 Views)

Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace (2 - 1) On 27th December 2023 / Manchester United Vs Nottingham Forest (3 - 0) On 27th December 2022 / Liverpool Vs West Bromwich Albion (1 - 1) On 27th December 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by ogododo: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
Eddie Howe's side will need to get off to a much better start than they did against Manchester City and don't get us started on refereeing decisions and a bit of luck.

Man United should be fresher than Newcastle but make their first appearance on the big stage since December 11, when they beat Norwich, could arguably mean they are also a bit out of practice too in terms of sharpness.

I mentioned the awful series of decisions that Howe's team have endured in the last three matches and you'd like to think Newcastle are due something from the man in the middle.

That said if the Magpies can't improve their woeful defending Man United will see this one as a very winnable encounter.

This one is a hard game to call.

A while back I called the 10 games Newcastle needed to win to stay up.

Eddie Howe's honest view on Newcastle United's January window prospects with agents set for key role

We 'signed' Dele Alli for Newcastle in January with successful results

Burnley to test Sunderland's resolve with Dan Neil bid
The first of those matches was the gritty 1-0 victory over Burnley and you'll also find this game against Man United on the list.

The reason for that confidence boils down to the fact we're not talking about one of the great Red Devils teams of the past here.

In fact, when you look at Man United this season they are capable of leaking two or three (or more) in any match so with that Geordie crowd behind Howe's men this should be deemed as another his players can win.

They'll need to tweak the heart of their defence of course and need to eradicate those basic errors, but if they can and the service is better for Allan Saint-Maximin and Callum Wilson, I think they can sneak this one narrowly.
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by eldervine: 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2021
Man u win with over 2.5 goals. wink
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2021
Full time scores Newcastle 0 - 3 Manchester united or better still 0-5 set I see goals menh

LETS TAKE PREDICTIONS

LIKE FOR NEWCASTLE. SHARE FOR MAN UTD

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2021
TEAM NEWS
Newcastle United have no cases of coronavirus among their squad, with Emil Krafth and Javier Manquillo back in contention following illness.
Isaac Hayden is suspended, while Federico Fernandez, Paul Dummett and Jamal Lewis remain out.
Manchester United have also reported a clean bill of health in terms of Covid-19 testing.
Paul Pogba is the club's only injury absentee, with Raphael Varane and Edinson Cavani among those fit again.
Is the festive schedule as significant as we might think?
LAWRO'S PREDICTION
Eddie Howe has improved Newcastle, but not enough to get them many more points than they already had. Yes, he brought them their first win of the season but they are still losing a lot of games. They have left themselves a mammoth task to stay up.
Lose this too and they will have earned 10 points from their first 19 games. Even reaching 35 points, which has been what teams have needed for survival in two of the past three seasons, will take a phenomenal effort from here.
I do think this game will end in another defeat for the Magpies too. Yes, they were competitive at Anfield, and they also had a big decision go against them against Manchester City, but the facts are they were just not good enough defensively to get anything out of either game.
I'm expecting a similar story here. Manchester United have had a couple of weeks off since their last game because of a Covid-19 outbreak, but their training ground reopened this week and Ralph Rangnick will have been working them hard. They will be going to St James' Park to win.
Prediction: 0-2
Lawro's full predictions v 1980s pop legends Tears for Fears
MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
This is the 150th top-flight meeting, with Manchester United seeking to match their club record of five successive league wins against Newcastle.
The Magpies have won just three of the past 17 Premier League encounters, all by a 1-0 scoreline.
Newcastle have lost 10 Premier League games against Manchester United after scoring the opening goal - equalling the competition record against a single opponent.
Newcastle United
This is the first time Newcastle have spent Christmas Day in the relegation zone.
Newcastle have won just one of their seven games under head coach Eddie Howe, losing the last three in a row.
They have conceded 79 league goals in 2021 - the joint most of any Premier League team in a calendar year, along with Ipswich Town in 1994. The last top-flight team to concede more over the course of a year was West Bromwich Albion, who let in 87 goals in 1985.
The Magpies have let in 41 goals, their most after 18 games of a season since 1960 when they went on to be relegated from the top flight.
Newcastle have dropped a league-high 17 points from winning positions this season.
Newcastle have lost all 10 Premier League matches this campaign against teams in the top half of the table, in contrast to eight games unbeaten versus clubs in the bottom half.
They have lost 21 Premier League games in 2021, a joint-league high alongside Southampton prior to Boxing Day. Another loss would equal the club top-flight record in a calendar year.
Joe Willock has failed to score in all 16 appearances this season, having scored eight in 14 matches in 2020-21.
Manchester United
Manchester United have won 1-0 in their two league games so far under manager Ralf Rangnick. He can become the first United boss to keep a clean sheet in his opening three league fixtures.
United are one short of becoming the first club to record 300 Premier League away victories.
They are the only club not to have scored in the opening 15 minutes of a Premier League match this season.
The Red Devils have not scored a set-piece goal (excluding penalties) since 18 April.
Cristiano Ronaldo has scored seven Premier League goals against Newcastle, all coming in his past four league appearances against them.
Marcus Rashford has been directly involved in a career-best seven goals against Newcastle, scoring four and assisting three in seven Premier League games.

1 Like

Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2021
Newcastle vs Manchester United Team News
The hosts welcome back Javier Manquillo following illness but Isaac Hayden is suspended. Jamal Lewis, Paul Dummett, and Federico Fernandez are out.
Manchester United welcome back Edinson Cavani and Raphael Varane but Paul Pogba is out owing to an injury.
Newcastle vs Manchester United Match Preview
The Magpies have won two of their last four league home games against Man United, losing two, more than they had in their previous 13 against the Red Devils at St James’ Park, when they managed a win, three draws, and nine defeats.
Manchester United have won their last four top-tier games against Newcastle, their longest such run against them since a run of five between 2004 and 2006.
The Old Trafford charges have scored 112 league goals against the Magpies – no side has scored more against a single opponent in the competition’s history - Arsenal also 112 vs Everton.
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Joebayo217: 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2021
Newcastle 0 vs 2 man u
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by fergie001: 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2021
Sure 3 points for the away side.
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by N2B2: 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2021
Man Utd badly needs the 3 points tonight.

But what they need even more is a dominant display befitting of the performance expected of them.
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Nova1988(m): 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2021
ah shit!

here we go again!
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by SimeonOTC(m): 7:20pm On Dec 27, 2021
Waste of analysis..man united is winning 2 or 3 nill..End of the story.
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Vitamin17(m): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
Newcattle 1 Manchester United 4 grin

1 Like

Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Agricmoney(m): 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2021
man u go win am today

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by yusluvad(m): 7:28pm On Dec 27, 2021
This should be a work over and an easy win for United, also a goal or more for Ronaldo if he's starting the game...
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by MALAGI6210: 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2021
The link to the game
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Hezzyluv: 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
I hope after ample resting, man utd players will not come and bleep up.
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by prinsam30: 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
aswear I dey envy assnall, Ole is a bastardized for killing Man united very useless coach even this coach sef, I no sabi the kind formation him dey play sef, which one be 4222222, make him go sit down abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Lamasta(m): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2021
Anything can happen today
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Ray07(m): 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2021
Enoch3721:
Newcastle vs Manchester United Team News
The hosts welcome back Javier Manquillo following illness but Isaac Hayden is suspended. Jamal Lewis, Paul Dummett, and Federico Fernandez are out.
Manchester United welcome back Edinson Cavani and Raphael Varane but Paul Pogba is out owing to an injury.
Newcastle vs Manchester United Match Preview
The Magpies have won two of their last four league home games against Man United, losing two, more than they had in their previous 13 against the Red Devils at St James’ Park, when they managed a win, three draws, and nine defeats.
Manchester United have won their last four top-tier games against Newcastle, their longest such run against them since a run of five between 2004 and 2006.
The Old Trafford charges have scored 112 league goals against the Magpies – no side has scored more against a single opponent in the competition’s history - Arsenal also 112 vs Everton.
I wish us goals grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by frankson1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2021
ogododo:
Eddie Howe's side will need to get off to a much better start than they did against Manchester City and don't get us started on refereeing decisions and a bit of luck.

Man United should be fresher than Newcastle but make their first appearance on the big stage since December 11, when they beat Norwich, could arguably mean they are also a bit out of practice too in terms of sharpness.

I mentioned the awful series of decisions that Howe's team have endured in the last three matches and you'd like to think Newcastle are due something from the man in the middle.

That said if the Magpies can't improve their woeful defending Man United will see this one as a very winnable encounter.

This one is a hard game to call.

A while back I called the 10 games Newcastle needed to win to stay up.

Eddie Howe's honest view on Newcastle United's January window prospects with agents set for key role

We 'signed' Dele Alli for Newcastle in January with successful results

Burnley to test Sunderland's resolve with Dan Neil bid
The first of those matches was the gritty 1-0 victory over Burnley and you'll also find this game against Man United on the list.

The reason for that confidence boils down to the fact we're not talking about one of the great Red Devils teams of the past here.

In fact, when you look at Man United this season they are capable of leaking two or three (or more) in any match so with that Geordie crowd behind Howe's men this should be deemed as another his players can win.

They'll need to tweak the heart of their defence of course and need to eradicate those basic errors, but if they can and the service is better for Allan Saint-Maximin and Callum Wilson, I think they can sneak this one narrowly.

I'd suggest that you should concentrate in your club and stop forming football pundit or blogger with your biased report. Mtchewwww undecided
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Ray07(m): 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2021
Lamasta:
Anything can happen today

Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by frankson1(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2021
SimeonOTC:
Waste of analysis..man united is winning 2 or 3 nill..End of the story.

Don't mind the OP's one-sided analysis.
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Lamasta(m): 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2021
[quote author=Ray07 post=108862207][/quote]
If you let me vex now I go change the result o fergie001 I am seeing Newcastle in my dream but I dey ask wetin be the outcome grin
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by tarantino1: 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2021
Expect a new Ragnified United. They've been away training for long.

Newcastle go too collect
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by SimeonOTC(m): 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hezzyluv:
I hope after ample resting, man utd players will not come and bleep up.
That's one stupid thing about them..after so much resting, they will start playing like strangers..

1 Like

Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Kevinsamba: 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2021
After a long non playing period, Manchester United usual plays shite football.
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by Adexnas145: 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2021
Man U,should win this match.
Re: Newcastle Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 27th December 2021 by fergie001: 7:59pm On Dec 27, 2021
Lamasta:

If you let me vex now I go change the result o fergie001 I am seeing Newcastle in my dream but I dey ask wetin be the outcome grin
After supporting una yesterday, stop this bad belle ooo...na New Year we wan enter so..

You saw Newcastle been walloped in your dream cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (1 - 3) On 3rd January 2020 / Manchester City Vs Barcelona: UCL (1 - 2) On 24th February 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.