Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson (1581 Views)

520 Suspects Arrested In Lagos For Arson, Vandalism, Burgling / Police Link Oko Oloyun’s Death To Fraud, Arson In Lagos Office / 7-Year-Old Nigerian Boy Killed In Suspected Arson Attack In London. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by CHoccolaTE: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2021
Yes, like the topic said, I believe (my personal opinion), that the fire was started by an arsonist and was done in a way to make sure the entire building was destroyed.
Witnesses at the scene that witnessed the start and spread of the fire reported hearing a loud explosion at around 10:00am before the fire started and fire services started arriving to put out the fire about an hour after the fire started at around 11:00am.
In the one hour it took fire services to arrive the scene, 80% of the entire building was already engulfed.
How else do you explain a fire starting in a huge supermarket covering over 100 plots of lands, and in just one hour, damn near the whole building was already on fire?

I might be wrong though. But the quickness with which the fire spread seems very suspicious to me. I think explosive and flammable items were strategically placed inside the supermarket to make the fire spread fast and ensure that it destroyed the building as much as possible so that nothing could be saved.

Again I might be wrong. Just thinking out loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JAeqSiH5V4

1 Like

Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by DonBenny77(m): 9:23pm On Dec 26, 2021
I share the same thought with you

5 Likes

Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
We need to be careful, na so u accuse the wrong person for the first one angry
Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by Anago55: 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2021
I share the same thought too

I knew everything was planned just to get at Peter Obi

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by TrackerXL: 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2021
Do you mean Pandora Peter Obi that stole Anambra state fund to build this same mall. He won't feel it, he understands God his taking back what he stole from the unborn generation in Anambra.

Anago55:
I share the same thought too

I knew everything was planned just to get at Peter Obi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by kettykings: 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
I don't think it was arson but I think all Igbo businesses in Abuja and Lagos should be insured particularly those that are owned by politicians. Hotels, shopping malls, hospitality ,clubs pharmaceutical companies, pharmacies, boutiques, eateries etc
Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by Anago55: 11:20pm On Dec 26, 2021
TrackerXL:
Do you mean Pandora Peter Obi that stole Anambra state fund to build this same mall. He won't feel it, he understands God his taking back what he stole from the unborn generation in Anambra.

. Ok. Please don't be like this in 2022

1 Like

Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 26, 2021
If police invite you com talk wetin you know now, you go dey cry say dem dey witchhunt you
Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by AntiBMC(m): 11:37pm On Dec 26, 2021
I suspect foul play too. Not only for ds fire but for almost all d market fire incidents happening in the South.

It's not beneath the ‘you know which’ people.
Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by myglodata: 11:41pm On Dec 26, 2021
Forget that story. I was planning to go shop for pack of insecticide and baby food there today when i read the news.

I chose sunday because hopefully there is less crowd - That place is always packed with people. Just as it is packed with people it is more packed with goods. Mind you there is always a fire truck parked in the premises (most likely owned by the business) and also a hydrant line.

But guy forget, the harmattan in the north got no chill, and we are in the middle of it, the relative humidity is low and wind gust can get to 11km/h in the mornings when the fire started - these are all ideal situation for an inferno (cause what happened there was not mere fire)

The cause of the fire is unknown (spark, arson etc.) but severity of the fire was expected given the weather and items in the store (gas canisters, gas filled AC/fridge compressors etc.)

Any form of hindsight that is not for learning purpose is just a waste of time. The owner should think ahead

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by Globad(f): 11:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
kettykings:
I don't think it was arson but I think all Igbo businesses in Abuja and Lagos should be insured particularly those that are owned by politicians. Hotels, shopping malls, hospitality ,clubs pharmaceutical companies, pharmacies, boutiques, eateries etc

Rubbish post.

How about fire incidents in Onitsha this year which affected a market and petrol station? What of fires in Owerri? And other places?

I don't know why some of you just like to portray Igbos as victims. What are Igbos passing through that other groups are not? It's when it affects Igbos that you guys bring out this nonsense ethnic card.

Make sure you ditch this disgusting habit in 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by Gazzy88(m): 12:41am On Dec 27, 2021
Globad:

Rubbish post.

How about fire incidents in Onitsha thus year which affected a market and petrol station? What of fires in Owerri? And other places?

I don't know why some of you just like to portray Igbos as victims. What are Igbos passing through that other groups are not? It's when it affects Igbos that you guys bring out this nonsense ethnic card.

People that are sick upstairs. That's why others see them for whom they are, VICTIMS. Only slaves think everything that happens to them is someone's fault. I've never seen a set of people like this in my life and they are passing this victimhood mindset down to their kids.

They are really in a BIG mess. Everything that happens to ibos in Nigeria MUST be someone's responsibility. Civil War really took a huge toll on their way of life and thoughts process. Very disgusting culture, aaarrrrggghh!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by seanfer(m): 1:05am On Dec 27, 2021
Always playing the victim. It’s funny how so people blame others for their misfortunes.
Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 27, 2021
I have an outside kitchen in the village with a wood fire stove, and to a cook a meal require almost constant effort to keep the fire going.
I just cannot understand how a supermarket built from concrete and steal can burn with the type of intensity usually only seen in burning petrol tankers.

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by CHoccolaTE: 9:07am On Dec 27, 2021
GenBuhari:
I have an outside kitchen in the village with a wood fire stove, and to a cook a meal require almost constant effort to keep the fire going.
I just cannot understand how a supermarket built from concrete and steal can burn with the type of intensity usually only seen in burning petrol tankers.

You really get the point.

I have seen a three bedroom apartment burning on my way to office and even after one hour the entire apartment was not engulfed.

How did everything in the entire NEXT shopping mall that is as big as a mini estate burn to ashes in less than two hours?

Seems fishy.
Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by MartinCorridon: 10:25am On Dec 27, 2021
Globad:

Rubbish post.

How about fire incidents in Onitsha thus year which affected a market and petrol station? What of fires in Owerri? And other places?

They can't ever ditch the habit.

They are slaves to it.
Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by Dialpad: 11:15am On Dec 27, 2021
It could be low sales/business= insurance compensation.

What kind of fire will raze that kind of building down completely.
Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by tutudesz: 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2021
myglodata:
Forget that story. I was planning to go shop for pack of insecticide and baby food there today when i read the news.

I chose sunday because hopefully there is less crowd - That place is always packed with people. Just as it is packed with people it is more packed with goods. Mind you there is always a fire truck parked in the premises (most likely owned by the business) and also a hydrant line.

But guy forget, the harmattan in the north got no chill, and we are in the middle of it, the relative humidity is low and wind gust can get to 11km/h in the mornings when the fire started - these are all ideal situation for an inferno (cause what happened there was not mere fire)

The cause of the fire is unknown (spark, arson etc.) but severity of the fire was expected given the weather and items in the store (gas canisters, gas filled AC/fridge compressors etc.)

Any form of hindsight that is not for learning purpose is just a waste of time. The owner should think ahead
That most shop like putting this item in a different building.
Such investment should have a mini fire station
Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by Treepower2000: 1:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

You really get the point.

I have seen a three bedroom apartment burning on my way to office and even after one hour the entire apartment was not engulfed.

How did everything in the entire NEXT shopping mall that is as big as a mini estate burn to ashes in less than two hours?

Seems fishy.
Do you know that even soap and cream can burn with high intensity when subjected to high temperature. Even water subjected to high temperature begins to burn by releasing oxygen thereby increasing the rate of the fire.
The major problem is that we don't follow appropriate fire safety codes in our building structures.
Re: I Think The Fire That Destroyed NEXT Cash And Carry Was Arson by Pentagon007: 7:19am On Dec 28, 2021
Most likely not an arson. There are so many inflammable items in the Mall.
Packs of Insecticides
Hot drinks/Spirits on the shelf (flammable)
Perfumes
Gas from refrigerator
.....All these items combined together can burn down any edifice within the shortest possible time. Considering also the weather. So nwanne, E cheghi m n'obu ndi iro munyere Ebeahu Oku. Kama, Obu ihe mberede.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Woman Beats Man Up For Using Abusive Words At Her / Checkout 5 Reasons Why Most YAHOO Boys Run Mad In Nigeria / Woman Stabs Man During Dispute Over Sex In Zimbabwe (graphic Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.