Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,195 members, 7,860,285 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess (1146 Views)

Pastor Bakare Mocks Bishop Oyedepo For ‘Making Noise About His Private Jet’ / Tunde Bakare's Latter Rain Assembly Changes Name To Dominion Hall Citadel Global / Pastor Chris Okafor Blasts Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
Pastor Bakare In N9Billion Wema Bank Loan Mess
By Samuel David On Dec 27, 2021

A new generation commercial bank, WEMA is releasing a stinking development involving an unserviceable loan to the tune of N9 billion taken by Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Citadel Global Community Church (formerly known as the Latter Rain Assembly).

According to feelers from the headquarters of the Church, the loan was taken to build the new multi-billion naira auditorium, but payment plan seems to have been obstructed by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Following a decision taken by the WEMA Bank management to retrieve all unserviceable loans, the Senior Pastor of the Citadel Global Community Church, Pastor Tunde Bakare featured prominently that “from 2022 financial year, he should refund the principal and accrued interest of the loan to the tune of N9 billion.”

Bakare’s Church which is located in Oregun, Ikeja Lagos, was built by the uncollateralised loan which its founder, Bakare acquired to the tune of N4.5billion. The source hinted that he got the loan easily as a result of his closeness to the top management of the Bank, but the loan was unserviceable until its interest grew to the tune of N9 billion.

From the proposal to the building of the multi-billion edifice, Pastor Bakare didn’t envisage disruption in the form of COVID-19 as it were, unfortunately, the the Church under his management has fallen short of repayment target due to the COVID-19 even as much revenue was not forthcoming.

Read More
Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by GOFRONT(m): 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
Chaiiii
Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by NNTR: 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
loll. The scourge of Covid-19: Delta and Omicron

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by oteneaaron(m): 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
Paying back shouldn't be a big deal for him na.

If you can collect a loan of 9billion Naira, you most definitely have plans of paying back.

Church business is very lucrative.

Correct me if I'm wrong sha.

Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by bamvik(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2021
Collected loan of 4.5 billion accrued interest 4.5billion? Lawyers to flex this 2022 if story actually true

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by lilvicky68(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
Wow.. I didn't know they collect loan to build churches..
Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by Trumpoteux: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2021
Stopped rating this loud mouthed, two sided Pastor many years ago.

Let him go sort himself out or beg PFN he has been badmouthing to help him out.

If he followed christ, he would be able to reach out to Oyedepo, but no, noisemaker has been subbing Oyedepo for ages.

Let's see how this umfolds cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by Solsix(m): 7:37pm On Dec 28, 2021
I don't take pastors who take loan to build churches serious. Churches are meant to be God's business, why borrow on his behalf??

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by jesmond3945: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2021
Just imagine. Take loan to build church and not factory.
Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by Wawelexy(m): 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hmmnm! What I know is that, God never forsake those who are truly his...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by Kingsleyebere(m): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ahhh but he was slamming oyedepo for his private jet! Well let me shut up it's men of God matter!
Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by MufasaLion: 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
grin grin grin

People borrow money to build factories and other businesses but nigga borrowed to build a church. Indeed, religion is more lucrative than most businesses in Africa.

The bank should drag his ass to court!
Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2021
GOFRONT:

Chaiiii

Or Chei! cool
Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by Jokerman(m): 7:36am On Dec 31, 2021
Sometimes men of God do questionable things...

I would never have believed that Pastor Kumuyi can attend PFN meeting or even invite outside gospel ministers to officiate in his church after all these years..

Recently I am shocked to hear that Governor Diri has two wives, and many pastors have drawn him close and close (except these pastors do not know

Now someone took loan, and refused to pay back all these years... now when they start asking fir their money, we'll start hearing of persecution.

Well pastors are also human like us.

They need our prayers to make sure they always stand, as they also are praying fir us... the devil is throwing many fiery darts...

May God continue to strengthen us to keep doing the right thing....
Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:00am On Jan 28, 2022
Jokerman:

Sometimes men of God do questionable things...

I would never have believed that Pastor Kumuyi can attend PFN meeting or even invite outside gospel ministers to officiate in his church after all these years..

Recently I am shocked to hear that Governor Diri has two wives, and many pastors have drawn him close and close (except these pastors do not know

Now someone took loan, and refused to pay back all these years... now when they start asking fir their money, we'll start hearing of persecution.

Well pastors are also human like us.

They need our prayers to make sure they always stand, as they also are praying fir us... the devil is throwing many fiery darts...

May God continue to strengthen us to keep doing the right thing....

Attending a PFN meeting or inviting gospel artistes is not a sin neither is getting a loan from banks but when you default in paying back your loan what mouth would you use to preach to your creditor when he comes knocking? undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by petra1(m): 5:20am On Jan 28, 2022
I thought they said they built that place without owing any Bank!
Re: Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
petra1:

I thought they said they built that place without owing any Bank!

Did he say that?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Beaten By Church Members In South Africa For Using Church's Mone / Spiritual Questionnaire: What Is The Difference Between Spirituality & Religion? / MaxInDhouse Come And See O! Ten People Will Hold One Jew To Know Their God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.