Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,302 members, 7,864,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:27 PM

Policemen Crushed Colleague To Death While Chasing Yahoo Guys - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Policemen Crushed Colleague To Death While Chasing Yahoo Guys (142 Views)

Boyfriend Faints After His Girlfriend Got Crushed To Death By BRT Bus In Lagos / Graduate Poses With His Lexus Before Being Crushed To Death By Lorry.Graphic Pic / Trailer Crushes Police Officer To Death While On Duty In Niger. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Policemen Crushed Colleague To Death While Chasing Yahoo Guys by mdsne(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2021
policeman identified as Supol Ayeni has been crushed to death by a patrol van belonging to the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) unit of the Ekiti State Police Command.

The incident occurred on Tuesday evening along Federal Polytechnic, Ado/Ijan Road.

RRS operatives were chasing suspected internet fraudsters, otherwise known as Yahoo boys, when they hit their colleague who was on a motorcycle.

It was learnt that Supol Ayeni who was attached to Odo Ado police state died on the spot.

“He actually came home to eat, his wife has a shop around Aba Ebira in the polytechnic community.

There is this bad spot along the road, beside the silo, so the deceased came to his wife’s shop up eat, he came with one of his friends motorcycle.

“He was working at Odo Ado which is not that far from here.

“The RRS operatives were in two hilux vehicles chasing a Benz. I don’t know where they were chasing the guys from, as they were about to overtake the Benz, the deceased who is popularly known as Baba Ada was coming from the other side and one of the vehicles hit him. He died immediately,” Sahara Reporters quoted a source to have said.

A colleague of the deceased also confirmed the incident.

He added that the RRS operatives involved have been identified and detained at the state headquarters.

“Yes, Supol Ayeni is dead, He was hit by RRS van. I’m still confused my brother, this was someone I saw earlier today.”

The police were, as of the time of filing this report, yet to publicly comment on the matter.

Re: Policemen Crushed Colleague To Death While Chasing Yahoo Guys by Lordjiggs09(m): 11:38am On Dec 29, 2021
Kai, this is so painful. R.I.P to the deceased policeman.
Re: Policemen Crushed Colleague To Death While Chasing Yahoo Guys by shigishege: 11:40am On Dec 29, 2021
Maybe they didn't rehearse well before embarking on the journey of no return. Na friendly fire sha

(1) (Reply)

Preparing For 2022 / Know Why To Hire Experts For Business Tax Services / Upgrading The Historic Ilesa College Of Education To A University: Hope Delayed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.