Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,854 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach (54166 Views)

NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach / NFF Confirms Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles Head Coach, Finidi As Assistant / NFF Appoints Joseph Yobo As Super Eagles Assistant Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by DrObum(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2021
BISIXCLUSIVE:
pls what about coach Salisu yusuff? Thought he was restated, what about him... I'm sorry I don't know much about football I just want to know.

I actually have no idea.
Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by fergie001: 10:26am On Dec 30, 2021
Enoch3721:
Angelfrost lamasta ogodogo paulolee obembet N2B2 itsgoodtobegood ray07 kyase ghettokid dfrost ebukahades ojeemah e.t.c

I watch a local radio program online @facebook and a journalist said " the NFF agreed a clause with the just appointed coach in person of Jose poseiro that allows him to be The super eagles technical director for the months February and March but will continue in that same role for the next two years if he successfully lead the Super eagles to the world cup late next year but if he doesn't he will be sack"

You can also check it out @facebook I think it was a livestream named Mowiz Live just around 7:30am this morning

Very true....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by dfrost: 10:36am On Dec 30, 2021
Enoch3721:

I watch a local radio program online @facebook and a journalist said " the NFF agreed a clause with the just appointed coach in person of Jose poseiro that allows him to be The super eagles technical director for the months February and March but will continue in that same role for the next two years if he successfully lead the Super eagles to the world cup late next year but if he doesn't he will be sack"

You can also check it out @facebook I think it was a livestream named Mowiz Live just around 7:30am this morning

Confirmed yesterday. At least someone with a pedigree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by dabossman(m): 11:42am On Dec 30, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:
He doesn't look like someone who is hungry for success and more so,his credential is neither intimidating nor inspiring. Eagles need someone like that former coach of Zambia and Ivory coast,Herve Renard. One cannot but like that man's business like attitude, discipline and focus on and off the pitch. I may be wrong,but I don't sense any of these qualities in this Portuguese.

Herve Renard too did not have an impressive profile before coaching Zambia. And he won the AFCON with them on his second attempt. Most people don't know that. Even same with Westerhof. What was his profile before 1990?

Let's just hope this new guy does well. At least he has coached known teams in Europe including in the UEFA Champions League and Uefa cup.

In the end, results and style of play will determine his success or otherwise.
Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by VEHINTOLAR: 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2021
dabossman:

Herve Renard too did not have an impressive profile before coaching Zambia. And he won the AFCON with them on his second attempt. Most people don't know that. Even same with Westerhof. What was his profile before 1990?

Let's just hope this new guy does well. At least he has coached known teams in Europe including in the UEFA Champions League and Uefa cup.

In the end, results and style of play will determine his success or otherwise.

I think you're right;well done.
Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by GoldenSpec: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
We always import everything grin
Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by lexyclasy: 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2021
lovewins:
BREAKING!!!

After careful consideration of a memo presented by Chairman of the Technical and Development Sub-Committee Ahmed Yusuf Fresh, the Executive Committee endorsed a proposal for the appointment of Mr Jose Peseiro as the new Head Coach of the Super Eagles.

However, the Committee resolved that Mr Augustine Eguavoen, named the interim Head Coach, will lead the Super Eagles to the AFCON 2021 in Cameroon with Mr Peseiro only playing the role of Observer.

It was unanimously agreed that the AFCON is a good avenue for Mr Peseiro to launch a working relationship with Mr Eguavoen, who will revert to his role as Technical Director (hence Mr Peseiro’s immediate boss) after the AFCON.

https://twitter.com/OgaNlaMedia/status/1476247683769774082?t=1vuG9ywnE_36S-y-k2ImIg&s=19
All this division 4 coaches
Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by Sleekfingers: 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
Praxis758:
I'm not impressed by his CV.

I don't think such a working experience is good enough for a star-studded team like ours.

You called the super chickens star- studded? Bunch of useless players , minus victor osimen
Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by Roysnickz: 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2021
Viking07:
People won’t understand how backward we’re in engineering till they experience it. I took my car for repairs and everything I hear is buy and replace while the same fault on YouTube you’ll see those techy white guys running diagnostics and fixing the faulty part.
I think these perserption are sometimes due to lack of understanding.
I quite agree with you that we are lacking behind in engineering just like other aspects. The guy you qouted was however totally wrong. Again, be reminded that no where in the world that professors of machanical engineering repairs broken cars! The job of a mechanical engineer is not to repair cars, so they don't.
Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 30, 2021
Roysnickz:

I think these perserption are sometimes due to lack of understanding.
I quite agree with you that we are lacking behind in engineering just like other aspects. The guy you qouted was however totally wrong. Again, be reminded that no where in the world that professors of machanical engineering repairs broken cars! The job of a mechanical engineer is not to repair cars, so they don't.
Interesting comment. So what’s the job of a Mechanical engineer if it’s not to create and fix machines?
Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by smallsmall: 4:06am On Dec 31, 2021
humberjade:

His short short stints should mean something to you...how can an average coach be spending less than or a year on a job. In fact, he's the coach with the worst resume I have ever seen. I am so sad about this developnent right now

Amadju Pinnick is running our football down the Hill.
In his last few years, we have all seen how Nigeria's football has collapsed.
Dude is only interested in under-the-table deals with all these useless Coaches he peddles.

Anyone who calls himself a Coach and can do 50-50 deals with Pinnick and his Corrupt group in the NFF, will be recommended to Coach Nigeria.
Let to me, l will invest all these money and five years training on three local Coaches and improve our local league, to improve Nigeria's football.
Unfortunately, FIFA has made it very difficult for Countries to take charge of their Football, knowing how corrupt African 'Leaders' are.

FIFA itself is a Corruption-ridden body and we have seen how it operates in the recent past.
Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by humberjade: 4:10am On Dec 31, 2021
smallsmall:

Amadju Pinnick is running our football down the Hill.
In his last few years, we have all seen how Nigeria's football has collapsed.
Dude is only interested in under-the-table deals with all these useless Coaches he peddles.

Anyone who calls himself a Coach and can do 50-50 deals with Pinnick and his Corrupt group in the NFF, will be recommended to Coach Nigeria.
Let to me, l will invest all these money and five years training on three local Coaches and improve our local league, to improve Nigeria's football.
Unfortunately, FIFA has made it very difficult for Countries to take charge of their Football, knowing how corrupt African 'Leaders' are.

FIFA itself is a Corruption-ridden body and we have seen how it operates in the recent past.

You perfectly nailed it my brother, and it is so so sad. The FAs run to governments for funding, yet, the same govt have no power over them.
Re: NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach by Roysnickz: 8:15am On Jan 28, 2022
Viking07:
Interesting comment. So what’s the job of a Mechanical engineer if it’s not to create and fix machines?
To answer your question, I googled the job description of a mechanic engineer and copied the first item that popped out.
Note that the last part of the article talks about qualifications, skills, as well as tools, needed by a mechanical engineer. Notice that common skills and tools used by our roadside mechanics such as spanners, screwdriver, losing, fastening and tightening of nuts/screw, changing of engine oil, etc are not mentioned.
Perhaps, they are not mentioned for a reason.
The main work of an engineer is to design.
Come to think of it, some so many Nigerian mechanical engineers who schooled and studied their mechanical engineering in Europe, The USA Asia, etc, still don't fix cars as mechanics do. So also are foreign mechanical engineers in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, twice a met German mechanical engineers in two Nigerian universities. One is a professor of mechanical engineering why the wife is the chief technologist but the couple still takes their cars out for servicing by mechanics.

Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
Job Overview
Here at XYZ Inc., we are a leading firm in our industry. We're proud of our 3.5 rating on Glassdoor from our employees. We are hiring a talented Mechanical Engineer to join our team. If you're dedicated and ambitious, XYZ Inc. is a great place to grow your career. Don't hesitate to apply.

Responsibilities for Mechanical Engineer
Plan, conceptualize and create mechanical designs for new products
Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of new designs
Generate working prototypes for beta testing and customer demonstration
Perform engineering calculations to support design work
Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software
Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors
Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process
Ensure project timeline is met and the project stays within budget
Qualifications for Mechanical Engineer
Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field
2-5 years of experience working in engineering
Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products
Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems
Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or similar
Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
Must be self-motivated and a great team worker
Ready to Hire a Mechanical Engineer?

Remember to post your job on Glassdoor here: https://www.glassdoor.com/post-job?src=j

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 World-class Players Who Rarely Get Injured / Mikel Obi And Olga Diyachenko In Romantic Pose / Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.