Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,840 members, 7,838,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

At 27 Should I Still Apply For Admission?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / At 27 Should I Still Apply For Admission?? (423 Views)

At 27, My Life Is Worrisome. / Ontario International Academy Eket, Open for Admission / Zamfara University Sets 170 Cut-off Mark For Admission Against Jamb's 120 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At 27 Should I Still Apply For Admission?? by TVTKOKO(m): 3:51am On Dec 31, 2021
Okk, this life no really balance sha.. When i was younger i struggled to gain admission.. I was all fired up then but finance was a restraint. My parents couldn't just afford it even though I gained admission.
I eventually lost interest after getting my hands busy and started getting small change. Right now, I'm 27 and would be 28 by March 2022.
I've managed to grow a business which is surviving by God's grace and now when i think of it, it might not be that sustainable.. This business requires my attention so I'm at crossroad here.
Now i have the funds to see myself through school but i fear the business may crash if i should leave. It's not easy starting up a business from scratch and then watch all your years of effort go down the drain.
Please i need experienced advice on what to do. Thanks
Cc Lalasticlala Seun
Re: At 27 Should I Still Apply For Admission?? by billynoni(m): 3:57am On Dec 31, 2021
TVTKOKO:
Yea i can do part time learning provided it's a uni..I see poly like a waste of time. But then, won't it affect my focus?

It's hard to get honest people these days so can't really leave the business with someone else and btw, my fear about the business is that, I've built some kinda relationship with my customers that they'd likely not purchase when I'm not around. Or lemme say i have this persuasive power to make them buy.

I see the certificate as a backup, incase anything can come up.. I've once had someone wanting to hook me up with a job opportunity so you can imagine that kinda scenario.

I'll be 34 when I'm done with the 5year first degree so looking at that TIME i just want to know if it'll be worthwhile
Even at 60 you can... Going by your last answer, I will say yes it will worth it at the end.

Since it's strictly Uni for you, then "losing focus" can't be on the options list. How about you find a reputable online uni? Like where you can even take classess, at your workplace for like an hour/2hrs?( this is where an assistant is needed to keep the customer busy for the duration) OR Find the closest uni which will offer your desired course, to enable easy movement to and fro? (But the shop will be closed for the duration you're away, if there's no assistant)

Since your customers like to see your "face", then it's a face we're working with here. So instead of going MIA suddenly, introduce someone whom they will keep seeing that face for at least 3months or more(these person is learning the ropes on how you do it effortlessly). I'm sure with time they will get accustomed to him/her and won't have anything to worry about, even if you're not around. "Hello customer A, look at my person here, he/she supports me here now blah blah blah". You're right, honest people are scarce these days, this is a reason you're getting someone you know most details about, even up to his/her family housecheesy

I won't say you should outrightly stop either education or business, because on the long term they will complement each other. Buying a light bulb from a certified graduate, will relax a customer's mind than buying from a random baba shukura, if you get it. It's a warning, it going to be a long ride if you can combine both, but I'm sure the fruits will make you forget the stress encountered.
Re: At 27 Should I Still Apply For Admission?? by oz4real83(m): 4:18am On Dec 31, 2021
School has no age limit as long as you have the desire\hunger, time, money and dedication. Education is a lifetime process, when you stop learning, u start dying.
Re: At 27 Should I Still Apply For Admission?? by TVTKOKO(m): 7:01am On Dec 31, 2021
billynoni:
Even at 60yrs you can... lemme sleep and wake up, will edit and explain.(possible solutions).

Answer these first=> Can you make it part-time learning? Would you trust anybody with your business? Do you plan to work with the certificate later? If yes, how soon?

Yea i can do part time learning provided it's a uni..I see poly like a waste of time. But then, won't it affect my focus?

It's hard to get honest people these days so can't really leave the business with someone else and btw, my fear about the business is that, I've built some kinda relationship with my customers that they'd likely not purchase when I'm not around. Or lemme say i have this persuasive power to make them buy.

I see the certificate as a backup, incase anything can come up.. I've once had someone wanting to hook me up with a job opportunity so you can imagine that kinda scenario.

I'll be 34 when I'm done with the 5year first degree so looking at that TIME i just want to know if it'll be worthwhile

1 Like

Re: At 27 Should I Still Apply For Admission?? by TVTKOKO(m): 7:04am On Dec 31, 2021
oz4real83:
School has no age limit as long as you have the desire\hunger, time, money and dedication. Education is a lifetime process, when you stop learning, u start dying.
yes sir, quite understood but please see my response at the top to understand my worries. Thank you
Re: At 27 Should I Still Apply For Admission?? by oz4real83(m): 7:29am On Dec 31, 2021
TVTKOKO:
yes sir, quite understood but please see my response at the top to understand my worries. Thank you
I just read your response and from what I read, your case will involve alot of risk and sacrifice. Even part time nowadays in most universities looks like full time. I have even seen situations where full time and part time are even arguing over venues for lectures all because they are running the full-time alongside part-time. Strikes and other academic disruptions have made it very difficult to run part time education. No matter which programme you adopt, u must have someone running your business for you. That's where the risk comes in. Find out about online foreign education from reputable universities. I heard it is very good but I have never done it before.

(1) (Reply)

Over N550m Paid, Others Will Be Settled Soon - TITAN FARMS CEO / Using Medical Marijuana To Treat Different Conditions / 4gfreewcm.xyz Review: Is 4gfreewcm.xyz Legit Or A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.