Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? (1724 Views)

Process Medical Report For Your Tinted Car Here / Keep Calm Bid And Pay For A Car Here In Nigeria / Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by deturla: 2:35pm On Jan 01, 2022
I am currently contemplating on getting a Naija used car for personal use.

Have you ever bought any Naija used car in this section? How has your experience buying from here been?

What car do you advise I go for if I have a budget of 2m?

Toyota or Honda?
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by maiiilooo(m): 2:38pm On Jan 01, 2022
As a potential car owner,lemme sit here and learn

6 Likes

Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by deturla: 2:56pm On Jan 01, 2022
maiiilooo:
As a potential car owner,lemme sit here and learn

We can learn together. grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by BuyAndSellStuff: 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
Following...
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by teetooraj(f): 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2022
I have enjoyed the service of two cars and both were Nigerian used.

The Toyota Camry 2001 and Corolla 2009 were sourced on Naira land and served me very well and have continued to serve their current owners without any regrets. The exhaust pipe of the cars were clean and usually discharged steam when started in the morning (speaks volume about the engine).

Not all Nigerian used vehicles are worth buying, always ensure you carry out due diligence and go with a knowledgeable Mechanic. Usually, I look out for direct owners with good maintenance history on their cars.

On acquiring such vehicles, I try to maintain good maintenance culture as required by the vehicle. For the corolla, I went as far as servicing with Mobil 1 oil and the car performed greatly during the time of ownership (1 full tank could travel as far as 610km).

So for me, I'm a fan of Nigerian used vehicles as they're cheaper and provide fast access to vehicle ownership. Also, stick with the corolla 9r Camry brands. Though, lately I've been considering Honda's as well especially the civic and accord range.

With an amount of 2m, you'll certainly get a good deal depending on your preferred brand.

deturla:

Have you ever bought any Naija used car in this section? How has your experience buying from here been?

Toyota or Honda?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by greggng: 4:39pm On Jan 01, 2022
deturla:

Toyota or Honda?

First and foremost happy new year . I actually bought my first car from.nairaland and till.date I have no regret ..Thereafter I became a car dealer and I have sold cats to many nairalanders. Generally the experience has been very good . Like do advice people shine your eyes , check people's profile to ascertain when the join this forum . Look at their activities also investigate the profile of those criticising him. Know lf those people are just attacking the seller for fun or they have real reasons . The only reason while some set of people I have black listed as Internet rats attack me is cos the say my cars are expensive ..but I have asked them to provide cheaper ones for us to buy but none has done that till date .I have forgiven all of them.that attacked my advert last year . I pray God give them something meaningful to do this new year .

On the 2million budget you have , kindly let us know the type of car you want and if is Nigeria used or foreign used aka tokunbo. But based on experience it will be difficult to get a sound car of foreign used for this your budget

I wish you happy new year and I.pray you find a good car to start your year. If you ever need my assistant don't hesitate to contact me
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by deturla: 5:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
teetooraj:
I have enjoyed the service of two cars and both were Nigerian used.

The Toyota Camry 2001 and Corolla 2009 were sourced on Naira land and served me very well and have continued to serve their current owners without any regrets. The exhaust pipe of the cars were clean and usually discharged steam when started in the morning (speaks volume about the engine).

Not all Nigerian used vehicles are worth buying, always ensure you carry out due diligence and go with a knowledgeable Mechanic. Usually, I look out for direct owners with good maintenance history on their cars.

On acquiring such vehicles, I try to maintain good maintenance culture as required by the vehicle. For the corolla, I went as far as servicing with Mobil 1 oil and the car performed greatly during the time of ownership (1 full tank could travel as far as 610km).

So for me, I'm a fan of Nigerian used vehicles as they're cheaper and provide fast access to vehicle ownership. Also, stick with the corolla 9r Camry brands. Though, lately I've been considering Honda's as well especially the civic and accord range.

With an amount of 2m, you'll certainly get a good deal depending on your preferred brand.

Many thanks for this. Very insightful.

If I may ask, why will you advise that one go for either Camry or Corolla. There are other brands, aren’t there?

1 Like

Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by deturla: 5:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
greggng:

First and foremost happy new year . I actually bought my first car from.nairaland and till.date I have no regret ..Thereafter I became a car dealer and I have sold cats to many nairalanders. Generally the experience has been very good . Like do advice people shine your eyes , check people's profile to ascertain when the join this forum . Look at their activities also investigate the profile of those criticising him. Know lf those people are just attacking the seller for fun or they have real reasons . The only reason while some set of people I have black listed as Internet rats attack me is cos the say my cars are expensive ..but I have asked them to provide cheaper ones for us to buy but none has done that till date .I have forgiven all of them.that attacked my advert last year . I pray God give them something meaningful to do this new year .

On the 2million budget you have , kindly let us know the type of car you want and if is Nigeria used or foreign used aka tokunbo. But based on experience it will be difficult to get a sound car of foreign used for this your budget

I wish you happy new year and I.pray you find a good car to start your year. If you ever need my assistant don't hesitate to contact me

Many thanks for this.
I’d like to know, which is preferable? Toyota Highlander 2006 or Toyota RAV4 2008?
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by Coolcash1: 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2022
I bought my first car Honda baby boy from NL and didn’t really enjoy it as it started have roof leakage and gear issues. To cut my cost and needless worry, I had to fling it after almost a year of use.

No one would really want to go for Nigerian used cars when clean, and first grade foreign used are there but nothing one can do when funding is a constraint. Since this is the case, the choice of Nigerian used car becomes inevitable.

However, regardless of the tight budget, there are some cars one should NEVER contemplate buying Nigerian used version. One of the cars is Mercedes Benz. I learnt a bitter lesson on this when I bought a used 2011 GL450 model and regretted my decision. I didn’t even drive it for six months before I had to scrap it to prevent me from going bankrupt.grin

Lastly, the tips to follow when opting for Nigerian used are as follows;
1. Go with a trusted mechanic.
2. Have the car diagnosed. Check the transmission.
3. Check the papers very well. No go buy stolen or no-duty vehicle.
4. Avoid accidented cars but if you must make sure you price it down very well and be ready to spend to fix whatever issues that come up when using it
5. Ownership history of the vehicle. Is it a first time Nigerian used or has it changed hands severally.
6. No near Nigerian used German cars if you no want Gazzuzz use your money buy house for Banana Island grin
7. When you finally buy the car, practice good maintenance culture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by greggng: 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2022
deturla:

Many thanks for this.
I’d like to know, which is preferable? Toyota Highlander 2006 or Toyota RAV4 2008?

To be honest if you are a woman , go for rav4 but if you are a man go for highlander . I arrived at this conclusion based on the trend. Above all both cars are superb. The most important thing is to maintain it. By trend I mean ,Nigerians believe certain cars are female in nature ...especially rav4 and matrix. I have met some client that are prepared to slap someone for asking them to buy matrix or rav4..
Except they Re buying for their wives. In a nutshellno car is male or female ..just buy something you can.maintain given the amount you ve as budget
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by deturla: 7:24pm On Jan 01, 2022
greggng:

To be honest if you are a woman , go for rav4 but if you are a man go for highlander . I arrived at this conclusion based on the trend. Above all both cars are superb. The most important thing is to maintain it. By trend I mean ,Nigerians believe certain cars are female in nature ...especially rav4 and matrix. I have met some client that are prepared to slap someone for asking them to buy matrix or rav4..
Except they Re buying for their wives. In a nutshellno car is male or female ..just buy something you can.maintain given the amount you ve as budget

Oh Nice.
Thanks.
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by deturla: 7:24pm On Jan 01, 2022
Coolcash1:
I bought my first car Honda baby boy from NL and didn’t really enjoy it as it started have roof leakage and gear issues. To cut my cost and needless worry, I had to fling it after almost a year of use.

No one would really want to go for Nigerian used cars when clean, and first grade foreign used are there but nothing one can do when funding is a constraint. Since this is the case, the choice of Nigerian used car becomes inevitable.

However, regardless of the tight budget, there are some cars one should NEVER contemplate buying Nigerian used version. One of the cars is Mercedes Benz. I learnt a bitter lesson on this when I bought a used 2011 GL450 model and regretted my decision. I didn’t even drive it for six months before I had to scrap it to prevent me from going bankrupt.grin

Lastly, the tips to follow when opting for Nigerian used are as follows;
1. Go with a trusted mechanic.
2. Have the car diagnosed. Check the transmission.
3. Check the papers very well. No go buy stolen or no-duty vehicle.
4. Avoid accidented cars but if you must make sure you price it down very well and be ready to spend to fix whatever issues that come up when using it
5. Ownership history of the vehicle. Is it a first time Nigerian used or has it changed hands severally.
6. No near Nigerian used German cars if you no want Gazzuzz use your money buy house for Banana Island grin
7. When you finally buy the car, practice good maintenance culture.

This makes sense.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by teetooraj(f): 3:09pm On Jan 02, 2022
You're welcome and I have a simple reason for that. Both brands are very reliable and easy to repair. Ease of maintenance is one of my top priorities when purchasing a vehicle.

Recently, I've learnt that the Honda civic range and more recent honda accord models are equally fantastic.

deturla:

Many thanks for this. Very insightful.

If I may ask, why will you advise that one go for either Camry or Corolla. There are other brands, aren’t there?
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by deturla: 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
teetooraj:
You're welcome and I have a simple reason for that. Both brands are very reliable and easy to repair. Ease of maintenance is one of my top priorities when purchasing a vehicle.

Recently, I've learnt that the Honda civic range and more recent honda accord models are equally fantastic.

My fear with the Accord is the "leg pull".

When you say *recent* Honda Accord. How recent? From 2009 upwards?

1 Like

Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
Accord 1999,civic 05 and crv 05.All Naija used.splendid experience.All bought from jiji.No engine or gear issues.E pain me the day I sold the babyboy.e pain me so much.i needed funds For an important thing.Already have funds for accord 012 but I dey reason to execute one biz first or buy the car.just contenplating
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by yak(m): 11:29pm On Jan 03, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
Accord 1999,civic 05 and crv 05.All Naija used.splendid experience.All bought from jiji.No engine or gear issues.E pain me the day I sold the babyboy.e pain me so much.i needed funds For an important thing.Already have funds for accord 012 but I dey reason to execute one biz first or buy the car.just contenplating

What's your experience with the 05 Civic?
Family is growing and I need something basic to move from point A to B.
04/05 Civic comes to mind but someone is suggesting I consider a more newer 07-09 same Civic.
I just need something that will still be like I'm taking taxi (financially) while giving me the convenience of car owner

1 Like

Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:39am On Jan 04, 2022
yak:

What's your experience with the 05 Civic?
Family is growing and I need something basic to move from point A to B.
04/05 Civic comes to mind but someone is suggesting I consider a more newer 07-09 same Civic.
I just need something that won't will still be like I'm taking taxi (financially) while giving me the convenience of car owner
very good,no issue,Ac is bomb.very fuel economical,the parts are affordable.but it doesn't have much interior space.Am 6ft and it's kinda crampy for me.since you made mention of family why dont you get something a little bigger.But you can still get the civic if you insist.
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by yak(m): 9:01am On Jan 04, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
very good,no issue,Ac is bomb.very fuel economical,the parts are affordable.but it doesn't have much interior space.Am 6ft and it's kinda crampy for me.since you made mention of family why dont you get something a little bigger.But you can still get the civic if you insist.

Thanks for your response.
Just as you suggested, I might look at 8th generation
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by Dozieson(m): 9:39am On Jan 04, 2022
Following
Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by teetooraj(f): 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
Ofcourse. 2008 upwards.

deturla:

Re: Have You Bought A Naija Used Car Here And Enjoyed It? by selfmadeOLX(m): 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2022
deturla:

Don’t sweat it grin
Poor maintenance culture will always be what it is

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!! TOKS: 2013 Acura MDX. Technology Package (6.5m) / Neatly Used 2004 Honda Accord Selling For 1.2m / Toyota Corolla 2012@3.1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.