Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? (36313 Views)

Reviews And Ratings: Shanty Town (Series) On Netflix / Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings / Living In Bondage: Breaking Free Reviews And Ratings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by Mariangeles(f): 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2022
Part 1 of the movie was just too chaotic for my nerves, I could not bare to try to watch till the end. I didn't enjoy it.

I don't like movies with too many characters.
I enjoy movies better when I can identify the characters by their names, otherwise it gets confusing.
Movies for me must be relaxing, not work up my nerves or make me edgy, if not, there's no point watching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by Alexaonfleek: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
safarigirl:
In the spirit of New Year Celebrations, Netflix was thoughtful enough to kick off 2022 with a second part to the highly grossing movie, Chief Daddy 2.

This movie is basically a continuation of Chief Daddy, a movie about a rather large family dealing with their internal conflicts at the death of the family's Patriarch, a man fondly called 'Chief Daddy'

Now, at the end of Part 1, there is an introduction of a new character. This character, who, we learn is named Laila at the beginning of Part 2, is played by Rahama Sadau.

Contrary to our collective expectations though, the inclusion of this new character, does not add any sort of depth to the storyline in the part 2.

Now, if you recall, the first part of Chief Daddy, comes to an end with the declaration that contrary to the expectations of the rather greedy members of the Beecroft family, they will not receive their shares of Chief Daddy's property just because they made nice with each other. In fact, there doesn't seem to be shares to be redeemed, something about an IPO and a Company takeover, I won't bore you with the technicalities.

Anyway, the second part begins with Laila, another estranged child of the dedicated philanderer, Chief Daddy, informing the rest of his family, that she will be taking charge of the company, as the rest of them are simply not competent enough.

Where did Laila appear from? We don't know. How did we get to this scene? We're still not sure....however, we at least know, that Laila's mother is named Maryamu, and she does not hold the status of 'legally married wife to the Chief'. That is all the information we need.

Laila is presented to us as something of the antagonist in this movie, so, ideally, the storyline should focus on her constantly sabotaging the rest of the family and the rest of them trying to overcome her as a team, right?

Wrong. See, for the 1h 35minutes duration of the movie, we only see Laila tap into her antagonist nature a couple of times, and the moments are so fleeting, so sudden even, it neither brings with it any shock or suspense value. It's just a scene.

As we are introduced to Laila, we are also introduced to a character we assume is her right-hand man at first, Prince Sonny (Uzor Arukwe). I am happy to let you all know that we do not see him betray her trust, we do not see him take advantage of his relationship with sisters Tinu and Teni, who are smitten by him, to supply her any shady information about the Beecroft family. In fact, he might have as well not been introduced alongside her, because there is barely any interaction between them after the first scene.

But far be it that Prince Sonny is the most unnecessary character in this movie, because we are still being haunted by Joro (Nedu Wazobia) and Chuchu (Chigurl), the clueless Event Planners from Chief Daddy 1.

I can go on all day, but let me state my main issues with this movie, beyond what has been mentioned already:

1. One of my main grouse with the Part 1 of Chief Daddy was a lack of story development, especially as regards the romance of Dammy and Adaora, the Part 2 only got worse on that front. Very poor story development. I compared it to a work done by 10 different writers, none of whom consulted each other. They just brought together their individual pieces and made a movie that simply didn't flow.

2. I would like to thank Dubai and the UAE for always coming through for Nollywood whenever they want to give us a little razzle dazzle so we barely notice a poor plotline, but it simply did not work this time. Dubai was unnecessary, but let us excuse it, based on possible MoUs signed. It was, however, not the only unnecessary part in this movie.

3. This one is special, because it is the second time EbonyLife has done this thing and we must call it out. WHY MUST YOU CARRY OVER A DISPENSABLE CHARACTER FROM PART 1 TO PART 2 OF A MOVIE?
Recall that in The Wedding Party 2, we had to deal with Saka's character once again at the airport, trying to board a flight he did not book, for a wedding he was not invited to, as if trying to stir up memories of when he crashed the wedding in Part 1. We also had to witness the MC from Wedding Party 1, played by AY, engage in a tussle for MC Supremacy in The Wedding Party 2, even though the second wedding was all the way in Dubai.
Now, in Chief Daddy 2, Joro and Chuchu, both of who planned the memorial party in Chief Daddy 1, have returned as Planners for the wedding of a supposedly rich and affluent superstar footballer, Dammy Baggio (Mawuli Gavor). Why? How? If he is as wealthy as his character is portrayed to be, how realistic is it, that he would put his wedding planning in the hands of these Bend-down-select event planners?
Were they necessary? No. Did they need to be carried over? No. Did they add to story development? No. Did they add to comic value? Not at all. Yet, here we are.

On a positive note, the setting was nice, from Lagos to London and Dubai, lighting was great, sound was awesome, music score was decent. There was heavy usage of Falz The Bahd Guy's tracks; they may have killed two birds with a stone by using a lead actor's music, possibly to sort some copyright issues. Very smart move in production. The general acting was decent. The script was as underwhelming as the plotline. No quotable quotes, no witty words. It gave nothing.

To be honest, if you haven't watched Part 1, good for you. Don't bother. If you have, and you wish to watch Part 2 either for curiosity or to fulfill all righteousness, make sure you use Free wifi, or someone else's data. It will hurt less.

Overall Rating: 4.5/10.

Please, if you've seen the movie. What are your thoughts and ratings?
I honestly wish I saw this review before I started watching chief daddy 2.
Total waste of data

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by blaquebelle: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
safarigirl:
make sure you use Free wifi, or someone else's data. It will hurt less.

Leemao
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by dROC1: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
I thought I was the only one who noticed this movie. I've seen bad Nollywood movies but this one was unusually boring and annoying at the same time for a star studded movie.

I think it's time we got proper film critics in Nigeria as it obtains abroad, such that actors, producers and directors are held accountable for churning out poor content. Alas, naija will say it's enemies or bad belle people talking.

I guess most of the big names participated in the movie out of respect for Mo Abudu. I'm just glad RMD was not among this cast, as he would have stained his good name.

Falz's same wack song (which we had already heard in part 1) was repeated over 5 times in this movie, taking up valuable airtime as content filler. The same intentionally wack song performance was repeated at a concert, music video and several other times.

The sets, props, locations, videography and shots were top notch but the story lacked any form of direction till the end, making it pure trash in spite of the good aesthetics.

May rating?

2/10...(rotten tomatoes)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by 3RNEST(m): 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
safarigirl:

LOL

He say he stop for Lady K scene, which means he no even reach Broda Shaggi own.

Thank God for him
grin
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by emkz: 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
Thank you for creating this thread. I wanted to create one on it and the other one Christmas in Miami, but held back as I had not watched the movies.

After watching the first part of Chief Daddy, I decided to be extra-cautious for any sequel or any movie from Mo Abudu. The first was absolutely pointless. Seemed the writers were inexperienced and the director was an apprentice telling a meaningless story.

I have no intention of watching the sequel EVER.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by safarigirl(f): 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sochee123:
And the fact to me is that they copied this movie from 2013...House Of Gold....where we had Omawunmi, Mercy Chinwo, Majid Michael, Yvonne Nelson, Ice Prince etc. Chief Daddy part 1 is a total Copyright of that movie and that was why I disliked it a lot.

They could not even copy it well

I watched House of Gold at least 4 times after I first saw it, I even tried to download it some years later. It was such a funny movie, I laughed till my tummy ached.

Nothing in this life can make me rewatch Chief Daddy.
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by safarigirl(f): 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
emkz:
Thank you for creating this thread. I wanted to create one on it and the other one Christmas in Miami, but held back as I had not watched the movies.

After watching the first part of Chief Daddy, I decided to be extra-cautious for any sequel or any movie from Mo Abudu. The first was absolutely pointless. Seemed the writers were inexperienced and the director was an apprentice telling a meaningless story.

I have no intention of watching the sequel EVER.

Christmas in Miami is still in the cinemas

Nothing in this life, or the next, can make me carry my money to see an AY movie in the cinemas every again.

I will watch it when it comes to Netflix, or not at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by BestRicePlug28(f): 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
post=109014006:
If You have watch the movie, please what later happened in the movie?
it ended

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by xenten: 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2022
post=109014006:
If You have watch the movie, please what later happened in the movie?
they lived happily ever after.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by tonididdy(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2022
I hate it when Netflix is always recommending the part 1 for me... It's always on my face everytime I'm in the app.

Still haven't watched it and won't be watching this one either.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by esthel(f): 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ah prima Donna, that lady needs to go to acting school for real, so drab. I felt like slapping Mercy Aigbe for promoting nonsense.
lkillbrokehoes:
I watched the movie and it's total trash, everything no follow. this is why I don't really watch Naija movies, these guys need to change and learn from Korean movies.

Primadonna0 don't waste your data, the movie isn't worth it, I will rate it 1.5/10, I had to stop watching halfway before the movie decrease my intelligence quotient.
undecided
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by tonididdy(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2022
It's hard for me to watch 21st century Nollywood movies but I bumped into first Lady on Netflix starring Aki of Aki&pawpaw.

Now that's my kind of movies, well thought out, funny and captivating. I don't watch so called 9ja cinema movies, it's a risk
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by missdee23(f): 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2022
I was going to download and watch, not necessarily because of the storyline (not really expecting much on this, tbh) but for its comic side, but it seems there's nothing appealing about the movie. So I'll just jump and pass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by Reussite: 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2022
After watching Wedding party 1 & 2 I decided to be hesitant when it comes to Mo Abudu movies so I didn't even see the part 1.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by kingthreat(m): 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
Angelfrost:

The sad and annoying thing is that our movies of time past (up to early part of the new century) were quite good!

Even now, we think about them with fond nostalgia... Fantastic were the works of:

Amaka Igwe
Zeb Ejiro
Teco Benson
Andy Best
Etc...

They delivered with little to work with.

Please remove Zeb Ejiro of blessed memory. During his time, they will shoot 10 movies in 1 month grin. Just like what they are doing in Asaba right now.
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by cliqtips: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
safarigirl:

Just glad RMD did not make it for this second part, make dem no stain him white pass how dem stain am for part 1.

If he was called, he won't decline, I hope you know

1 Like

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by cliqtips: 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
9jarock ....let's go there

Stop encouraging piracy ie copyright infringement
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by cliqtips: 3:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
safarigirl:

Na the hype sell that movie

I have seen better storyline and scriptwriting in YouTube productions, but those ones do not have a big platform and are constantly overlooked

If Netflix is truly interested in investing in Nollywood, I would suggest they partner with YouTube creators. Web series like Little Black Book, This is It and The Men's Club are brilliant, they deserve a large audience too.

Enough of sacrificing quality for mediocrity. The Nollywood representation on Netflix is so disappointing, and I take it this personal because I love Nollywood so much.

And when they do, their quality will drop. Because higher expectations and target would be placed on them which they might struggle to meet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by cliqtips: 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
jaxxy:

Nigerians are always carried away with fancy rubbish, no dept or content just hype and meaningless fancy setups. That’s the new hype for the industry seriously lacking creativity.

I didn't want to say this but then, I will.

Have you seen any AY's cinema movies? cheesy
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by cliqtips: 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
MurderX:
Haven't sat to fully watch a Nigerian Movie in almost a decade, saw this star-studded movie on netflix and decided to give it a try - absolutely disappointed in Mo Abudu; Couldn't spend 10mins on the rubbish. Patience Ozokwo, Nkem Owoh, Joke Silva, Kate Henshaw, Falz, Dakore Akande, Funke Akindele, Broad Shaggy etc. just came together to tarnish their classic acting careers. How do you even bring so many A-list actors into same movie? running around doing nothing, making a spectacle and grande charade of themselves. I'm so disappointed.
This is below mediocrity, its a sham with 1/10 rating.
Please how can one delete a movie in Netflix?

I hope it's not a series
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by Reussite: 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2022
safarigirl:

Please, if you must watch a Nigerian movie on Netflix, go for King Of Boys 2. It is possibly the best Nigerian production there currently.

You can also see Kunle Afolayan's Citation, it has depth to it, the topic may be a bit heavy for some, but storyline and production is good

The CEO by Kunle Afolayan, is also a great watch. It's a thriller, great storyline, brilliant acting

If you want something more casual, a feelgood movie specifically, Fine Wine is your best bet.

The Visit is another brilliant Nollywood movie on Netflix. The scriptwriting and dialogue is impeccable, they also got 4 highly qualified actors that killed their roles. Highly recommended.

If you want something low budget and closer to an old Nollywood feel, but decent still, try Black Rose.

If it is aesthetics, but with a more decent storyline, albeit not exceptional, RattleSnake: The Ahanna's Story is also a decent watch, has a few hitches here and there, but mostly decent.

If you see Mo Abudu's name in anything on Netflix, jump and pass.

We really need to start collating decent Nollywood movies for the occasional viewers. I might do a topic on that sometime this week.
Fine wine was amongst the three movies I collected some days to Christmas & it was the only movie I did rewatch. For me It was better than a Naija Christmas & Tanwa Savage. A Naija Christmas should be the only Afolayan's movie I did not fancy.
I should watch the Visit with this good review you gave it. wink Please if you got other quality unpopular Nollywood movies you recommend do not hesitate to share.
Gracias. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by safarigirl(f): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
kingthreat:

Please remove Zeb Ejiro of blessed memory. During his time, they will shoot 10 movies in 1 month grin. Just like what they are doing in Asaba right now.

They can shoot 10 movies in 1 month, as long as the movie is interesting and it almost always was.

Funny enough, Tyler Perry is also accused of shooting movies within a month, yet, Tyler Perry produces some of the most thought-provoking and controversial movies in Hollywood, as low budget as they are.

Any movie that cannot spark your emotions, is almost useless....and Tyler Perry has mastered the art of pulling at heart strings.

I don't care how much time movie production takes, I care about storyline and dialogue especially, I care about the execution. A movie with a good storyline and dialogue, even if na Nokia Express Camera dem use shoot am, I fit watch am. But if you use the best camera to shoot a movie and the storyline and dialogue is bland, I'll hate it.
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by safarigirl(f): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
cliqtips:

If he was called, he won't decline, I hope you know

If he had other engagements, he will decline.

There is no way they called Dakore, but did not call RMD. Na RMD go talk say he no wan join, no be say dem go say dem no wan put am
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by cliqtips: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ndubuisipaul1:

Please tell us the name of the movie you produced , let us watch .... This movie was recently released and you taught it wise to give such a negative critism to the movie.. At least allow the movie to make small sell before dropping your opinion

You think people will still not watch it ?

Lol... it will surely make its money
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by cosmos2000(m): 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
Btruth:
well, with this report......, there's no point wasting my time watching.

I swear... I no bother download the movie

1 Like

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by Olatara(f): 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
safarigirl:

Exactly.

They just agreed to share man? And gave some very silly conditions sef, "first class ticket to Dubai, two Jaguars, two mansions...", Like, excuse me, do we look like children to these people? And the man that agreed to sponsor all these things, is it his PA salary he will use to sponsor them, abi, which work dem say he dey do?

Why did Zainab Balogun's character decide to be a small witch in Part 2? Was she not a timid person in the first part?

No no no, this thing just dey provoke me more as I dey talk about am
grin
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by cliqtips: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
safarigirl:

If he had other engagements, he will decline.

There is no way they called Dakore, but did not call RMD. Na RMD go talk say he no wan join, no be say dem go say dem no wan put am

You never can tell, you know?

Unless you're his PA
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by safarigirl(f): 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2022
cliqtips:

You never can tell, you know?

Unless you're his PA

I can tell, there are established patterns through which conclusions can be drawn.
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by folake4u(f): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
I love Mo Abudu a lot but making a sequel of it wasn't necessary at all.
Nor be me go waste money go cinema again. undecided

Affliction shall not rise a second time. angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by vickydevoka(m): 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
kingthreat:
Nigerians need to stop encouraging mediocre movies. Look at what decades of good quality Korean movies have achieved.
9ja movies and south African movies de compete. But we pass India buh out ladies prefer Bollywood
Re: Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
NOLLY WOOD CAN NEVER MAKE SENSE TO ME

BOB HEART ABISHOLA I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

THE ONLY AFIRCAN MOVIE I DON'T JOKE WITH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Youths Showed Their Support For Hermes In Oworonkshoki Lagos (video) / Full Movie: Free Guy (2021) HD Mp4 Download / Bbnaija: "Boma Never Fingered Me": Tega - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.