Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything (807 Views)

How To Begin Trading On Konga / Jumia / Whatsapp Group For Online Merchants (konga/jumia Etc.). We Need An Alliance... / You Shop On Jumia And Konga? Beware Of This New Fraudster! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by Adeola007: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2022
So, I decided to give my home some facelift. Yeah, I want to change my 32 inches TVs with 50 inches one. If I can get some bargain deals on these Konga YAKATA and Jumia Black Friday deals.
So, I headed to Konga, saw a Sanyo TV, looks good and the price on offer is reasonable too. TV costs 192K. I have used a Sanyo before, so, this should be a good deal. Ordered the product . Then I headed over to Jumia to get something similar. Came across a TV that looks OK for my budget, a Maxi 50 inches TV for 186K, looks good. Ordered and paid online. Delivery in 2 days (17th December). I was so excited about these deals I gave out my 43 and 32 inches TVs to my brothers, after all, I should be getting my TVs by 17th December, well before the holidays.

Konga YAKATA experience
Initial hint of problem started with Konga… Delivery was unusually long, no contact by the delivery agent. Eventually, product delivered, I was so happy to see the Sanyo. Unpacked the product, ready to assemble, but to my disappointment, this TV did not come with an Original Sanyo remote. What? An Otigba remote TV was included, no batteries nothing.

Ok.. maybe I am getting my expectations too high, maybe something has changed since the last time I bought a Sanyo. I rushed out to get a battery, insert into this funny looking remote. Click, click, no luck! It was then it dawned on me that I have just been sold an Alaba TV packaged as brand new by Konga.
Ok, no worries, there is option of return. I packaged the TV and contacted Konga immediately. After many mails (including sending evidence of the substandard product) and calls, they agreed that I should take the TV to their Bode Thomas office. This was done on 15th December. Konga promised to refund me within 5 working days.

No worries, just 5 working days.. I will manage without TVs.

Then a call and text came: “We are sorry about your experience. To compensate you, we will offer you this product for this much”. I turned it down, with anger. In retrospect, I think this is a mistake. I should have taken the offer because I got a sense that Konga is punishing me for it
Then begin my dilemma: Chat -> Call -> Mail. No refund. What?

I got series of half-hearted apologies about the delay, with an annoying line “I sincerely apologize for the delay experienced with the bank refund you requested. I want you to know that Konga will not deliberately inconvenience you as you are the key to the growth of our business.” – Dude, that is exactly what you have been doing since I bought a poor product on your platform
After several mails, calls, chats, I got information that my money has been credited to my account on Konga, I can either use same to buy another product or ask same be returned to my bank account. I chose the later. Another wahala
Several days, back and forth, annoying mails and calls.. I got referred to KongaPay, of the same company. If you are not credited still, please talk to them.

To cut the long story short.. I hadn’t gotten any refund from Konga. The last mail I got: “We apologize for the delay experienced concerning your initiated payout of ₦192,000.00 on the 15th of December. Kindly be informed that it has been confirmed that the payout failed at the bank's level, hence, your account was not credited”

You can imagine how my holiday period went. No TV, had to spend days chasing for refund

Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by Adeola007: 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
Jumia Black Friday Experience

The Maxi TV I ordered from Jumia ought to be delivered on 17th December, but by 20th December, I still hadn’t heard from Jumia or its Agent. In the evening 20th December, (around 7PM), I got a text message of impeding dfelivery, with a mobile number of the delivery agent. No contact from the delivery agent, must have been some delays, no worries
The following day, I called the number but to my surprise, the person on the other end claimed she doesn’t know anything about Jumia or any package. What?

On 22nd, I got a mail from Jumia: You were not available to receive your goods, we will try one more time after which we will cancel the order. I was surprised, nobody contacted me, matter of fact the number…

Anyway, there start another wahala for me. Call-> Chat->Email etc… nothing

In one of my chats with a Jumia agent, I asked him to call the delivery agent’s number to confirm my story that this delivery wasn’t intended to be delivered or how else will he explain a wrong number on a delivery note?

Anyway, after much back and forth, apologies, promises of escalation that never materialized, I was told that my refund is been processed.
Then came a strange call on 31st December: If I agree to hold on and not cancel the order, the agent will make sure I get the same product by 12th January 2022, almost 1 month after the initial order. Strange. So, Jumia had withhold my money all this while for a product they do not have and made me suffer all this while. I declined the offer and asked for refund. Mail came later that refund will take between 3-7 working days. I am waiting

Sadly, this same product is still listed by Jumia, with a promise to deliver within 2 days and God knows how many Nigerians are falling into this trap as we speak.

Now, I am an Information Technologist, I know the opportunities that technology creates and will continue to create for a nation like Nigeria. But, these unethical companies are the bane of technology in Nigeria. You cannot make people hate technology because of very poor poor treatment of customers. I don't know what anyone can tell me to make me trust any online e-commerce platform in Nigeria again. How many more have experienced similar treatment like I have gone through and vowed never to come near any platforms again?

I had reported the cases to FCCPC, I am not very hopeful, but, someone just have to call the bluff of these unethical lots.

I will keep you posted.

Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by Nebes: 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sorry for this painful experience. This is the same reason I’ve not felt comfortable buying a laptop from either of these platforms.
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by StylesX: 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
Adeola007:
So, I decided to give my home some facelift. Yeah, I want to change my 32 inches TVs with 50 inches one. If I can get some bargain deals on these Konga YAKATA and Jumia Black Friday deals.
So, I headed to Konga, saw a Sanyo TV, looks good and the price on offer is reasonable too. TV costs 192K. I have used a Sanyo before, so, this should be a good deal. Ordered the product . Then I headed over to Jumia to get something similar. Came across a TV that looks OK for my budget, a Maxi 50 inches TV for 186K, looks good. Ordered and paid online. Delivery in 2 days (17th December). I was so excited about these deals I gave out my 43 and 32 inches TVs to my brothers, after all, I should be getting my TVs by 17th December, well before the holidays.

Konga YAKATA experience
Initial hint of problem started with Konga… Delivery was unusually long, no contact by the delivery agent. Eventually, product delivered, I was so happy to see the Sanyo. Unpacked the product, ready to assemble, but to my disappointment, this TV did not come with an Original Sanyo remote. What? An Otigba remote TV was included, no batteries nothing.

Ok.. maybe I am getting my expectations too high, maybe something has changed since the last time I bought a Sanyo. I rushed out to get a battery, insert into this funny looking remote. Click, click, no luck! It was then it dawned on me that I have just been sold an Alaba TV packaged as brand new by Konga.
Ok, no worries, there is option of return. I packaged the TV and contacted Konga immediately. After many mails (including sending evidence of the substandard product) and calls, they agreed that I should take the TV to their Bode Thomas office. This was done on 15th December. Konga promised to refund me within 5 working days.

Then a call and text came: “We are sorry about your experience. To compensate you, we will offer you this product for this much”. I turned it down, with anger. In retrospect, I think this is a mistake. I should have taken the offer because I got a sense that Konga is punishing me for it

I got series of half-hearted apologies about the delay, with an annoying line “I sincerely apologize for the delay experienced with the bank refund you requested. I want you to know that Konga will not deliberately inconvenience you as you are the key to the growth of our business.” – Dude, that is exactly what you have been doing since I bought a poor product on your platform
After several mails, calls, chats, I got information that my money has been credited to my account on Konga, I can either use same to buy another product or ask same be returned to my bank account. I chose the later. Another wahala
Several days, back and forth, annoying mails and calls.. I got referred to KongaPay, of the same company. If you are not credited still, please talk to them.

To cut the long story short.. I hadn’t gotten any refund from Konga. The last mail I got: “We apologize for the delay experienced concerning your initiated payout of ₦192,000.00 on the 15th of December. Kindly be informed that it has been confirmed that the payout failed at the bank's level, hence, your account was not credited”

You can imagine how my holiday period went. No TV, had to spend days chasing for refund
Incompetence is thier second name, if the money finally drops and that's a big If, your bank will still add thier own delay, this is why I avoid them at all cost.
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by Irupetepete: 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
Anything above 30k,na offline o...
Been using jumia for a while, I realize they deliver on time when the item's money is not much..
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by Zephyr1: 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
The truth is almost all firms operating in Nigeria now take consumers for granted because there is no other company doing things better and the regulators are asleep. A case in point is God is Good Motors (GIGM); I booked online for a trip (Uyo to Benin, N6000) on 20th December and paid for AC bus as advertised on their website. Do you know that they had the audacity to inform everyone that the AC is not working and there is no refund? I was in good mood that day, I just smh and canceled them from any future trip since then. When there is no regulation and competition, mediocrity becomes the order of the day.

1 Like

Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by Adeola007: 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2022
Someone's got to call their bluff one way or the other. I am waiting to see what FCCPC will say
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by CsRockefeller(m): 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
I am a vendor on both platforms and though no company is without its faulti, I can boldly say that both companies have taken steps to protect customers from unscrupulous vendors.

However, there are still lapses on both sides that needs to be fixed. I'm surprised Konga is delaying your payment because they are very swift when it comes to complaints.

Jumia is number 1 because of their reach but I will advise anyone shopping to use Konga instead. They are well grounded with parent companies and subsidiaries like TD and Zinox, they have the structure, wholly Nigerian.
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by Adeola007: 6:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
CsRockefeller:
I am a vendor on both platforms and though no company is without its faulti, I can boldly say that both companies have taken steps to protect customers from unscrupulous vendors.

However, there are still lapses on both sides that needs to be fixed. I'm surprised Konga is delaying your payment because they are very swift when it comes to complaints.

Jumia is number 1 because of their reach but I will advise anyone shopping to use Konga instead. They are well grounded with parent companies and subsidiaries like TD and Zinox, they have the structure, wholly Nigerian.

I am not sure I will ever patronize or encourage anyone to do so. The experiences are just too bitter for me,
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by haniejay(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2022
So sorry about your experience
Firstly , that Sanyo TV is fake. If you’re tech expert you’ll know immediately from reading the information on KONGA.
I’m a shopper and a seller on thier platform and at the same time . I sell gadgets and electronics.
No way you can get a brand néw SANYO TV in this age or even in Nigeria. Na only Tokunbo SANYO TV-
it’s a china with ink edited names on it !
The offer would too good to be true.
50 inch TV is above 200k ( LG, Hisense even the Shitty Polystar) you need to know a genuine tv isn’t going to be cheap! Be it non smart or smart or Android.
So sorry again for your experience! And the sellers on KONGA , some are so terrible.
KONGA management is at fault for not easing your refund

1 Like

Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by haniejay(m): 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2022
Also I’m a vendor and buyer on JUMIA too
Maxi is a beautiful TV
It’s cheap for a 186k for 50 inches
You need to find another means to grab that tv o!
Other stores sell for 235k or even more cus it’s a genuine tv !
So sorry JUMIA give 3rd parties to handle shippings.
Jumia and konga are good companies that has helped several businesses but we have flaws
Online shopping no easy too
Stay blessed bro
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by chachazzy(m): 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2022
haniejay:
So sorry about your experience
Firstly , that Sanyo TV is fake. If you’re tech expert you’ll know immediately from reading the information on KONGA.
I’m a shopper and a seller on thier platform and at the same time . I sell gadgets and electronics.
No way you can get a brand néw SANYO TV in this age or even in Nigeria. Na only Tokunbo SANYO TV-
it’s a china with ink edited names on it !
The offer would too good to be true.
50 inch TV is above 200k ( LG, Hisense even the Shitty Polystar) you need to know a genuine tv isn’t going to be cheap! Be it non smart or smart or Android.
So sorry again for your experience! And the sellers on KONGA , some are so terrible.
KONGA management is at fault for not easing your refund

I think I will need your expertise.
I bought a new Lg Tv 43" magic remote in 2019. My wife called to inform me that the screen went blank, picture attached. Barely 3 years of using it. I feel so sad.
What will you advice
Fixing it or buying a new one.
How much will it cost to fix it?
Thanks for your time

Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by haniejay(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
chachazzy:

I think I will need your expertise.
I bought a new Lg Tv 43" magic remote in 2019. My wife called to inform me that the screen went blank, picture attached. Barely 3 years of using it. I feel so sad.
What will you advice
Fixing it or buying a new one.
How much will it cost to fix it?
Thanks for your time
Sadly if you fix the screen
It’s can’t be like the genuine one.
It can’t be like the follow come.
Better to buy a néw tv boss
LG TV with a magic remote is quite outdated
Check my moniker

1 Like

Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by chachazzy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 04, 2022
haniejay:

Sadly if you fix the screen
It’s can’t be like the genuine one.
It can’t be like the follow come.
Better to buy a néw tv boss
LG TV with a magic remote is quite outdated
Check my moniker

Perplexed at the bolded.
I need a tv of 49 or 51"
Thank you
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by datola: 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2022
The e commerce platforms are not bad.

The case of Jumia might be third party delivery agent issue and you can be sure they will be purnished and Jumia will look for a way to compesate you.

Another reason is all orders made after 24 December might not be delivered untill January due to the holidays and year end circle count. You should have been informed of possible delivery delay.

I shop regularly on both platforms especially Jumia.
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by haniejay(m): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
chachazzy:

Perplexed at the bolded.
I need a tv of 49 or 51"
Thank you
Take your time to buy a genuine tv
49 or 50 or 55
There’s no 51
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by odimbannamdi(m): 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2022
Adeola007:

Konga YAKATA experience

Hello Adeola,

Did you eventually get your refund (of 192,000) from KongaPay? If yes, how long did it take them?

I am a vendor with them and they have been tossing me around on the 267,840 they are supposed to pay me for the sales i made on their platform. Just a bunch of apologetic mails and diiferent stories from both the Konga and KongaPay team. Maybe i need to storm their office next week.
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by WICKEDNAIJAMAN: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2022
Na wa o.. and I was thinking of buying tv from either konga or jumia..did they refund your money bro?
Re: Konga, Jumia And The Culture Of We Will Treat You Bad And You Can’t Do Anything by WICKEDNAIJAMAN: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2022
Adeola007:
Someone's got to call their bluff one way or the other. I am waiting to see what FCCPC will say

Did they refund you bro?

(1) (Reply)

Apple Ipad Mini 1- 30K Each / Sold!!!! / Razer Blade 15 Advanced RTX 3070

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.