Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House (1873 Views)

See This Contemporary 4 Bedroom Elevated Apartment / CONTEMPORARY & AFFORDABLE BUILDING DESIGNS/NIGERIAN HOUSE PLANS STORE / Building One Of Our Small House Design (block Of 4 Flats) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House by Immorttal: 11:48am On Jan 03, 2022
With the hike in building materials, can 8 million erect and finish this small house. It's a 2 bedroom with 1 guest room, a laundry, and a small study room.

1 bedroom ensuite,
1 guest room ensuite
Open space kitchen/laundry with a small staircase on the ground floor.

1 spacious bedroom ensuite with
1 Study room on the first floor.

Builders in the house, how far can 8 million go?

Re: Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House by propzncribz: 11:56am On Jan 03, 2022
It depends on the location. If the area is waterlogged. It also depends on your taste of finishing and other factors but I doubt 8 million will complete it. I even doubt 8m will build a carcass of such.
Re: Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House by Immorttal: 12:01pm On Jan 03, 2022
propzncribz:
It depends on the location. If the area is waterlogged. It also depends on your taste of finishing and other factors but I doubt 8 million will complete it. I even doubt 8m will build a carcass of such.
It's a dry land. If 8 million cannot build this then this country is truly finished. Can 10 million build this, the finishings would be decent.
Re: Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
Start the building first now , buy blocks, buy two big truck of sand , buy 1 trunk of granite, iron rod, pop, aluminum, lighting and plumber work... You can spend 8million though or more
Re: Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House by Immorttal: 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
Start the building first now , buy blocks, buy two big truck of sand , buy 1 trunk of granite, iron rod, pop, aluminum, lighting and plumber work... You can spend 8million though or more
Good advice, but it's only a 2 bedroom without sitting room. A small study and a guest room. I can't still wrap my head on why this should cost more than 10million. (thats how far i can go). Just want to build this as a small boys quarter, then build the main building at the back later. Thanks for your input.
Re: Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2022
Immorttal:
Good advice, but it's only a 2 bedroom without sitting room. A small study and a guest room. I can't still wrap my head on why this should cost more than 10million. (thats how far i can go). Just want to build this as a small boys quarter, then build the main building at the back later. Thanks for your input.
I don't think you can spend up to 10million though but the price of materials keep going high, the earlier you start now the better

1 Like

Re: Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House by propzncribz: 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2022
Immorttal:
It's a dry land. If 8 million cannot build this then this country is truly finished. Can 10 million build this, the finishings would be decent.

If you are not going for the luxurious finishing then it's possible if you go to the building site daily to monitor all the expenses and materials. Also the land being dry helps a lot. Another thing to put in consideration is the sand supply. Sand in the sand pit/farm is around 10k I heard but the suppliers would sell it for four times the amount. Would go a long way if you can find a truck/tipper to loan (possibly pay to rent it for the whole day) and go to the sand farm to get it yourself.

But even if the funds you have aren't enough to complete the building, build to the stage the money can and slowly complete it as more funds become available

1 Like

Re: Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House by okeyglm: 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
it will far above that. materials are costly. the skeleton alone will cost you more or less than 10million. this is practically two deck
Re: Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House by Immorttal: 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
propzncribz:

If you are not going for the luxurious finishing then it's possible if you go to the building site daily to monitor all the expenses and materials. Also the land being dry helps a lot. Another thing to put in consideration is the sand supply. Sand in the sand pit/farm is around 10k I heard but the suppliers would sell it for four times the amount. Would go a long way if you can find a truck/tipper to loan (possibly pay to rent it for the whole day) and go to the sand farm to get it yourself.

But even if the funds you have aren't enough to complete the building, build to the stage the money can and slowly complete it as more funds become available
Thanks for your input. I want to urgently move in, that's another wahala. The project would start first week of febuary, I don't think it should exceed a month from start to finish cos funds is ready.
Re: Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House by uncleteeh(m): 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2022
Immorttal:
With the hike in building materials, can 8 million erect and finish this small house. It's a 2 bedroom with 1 guest room, a laundry, and a small study room.

1 bedroom ensuite,
1 guest room ensuite
Open space kitchen/laundry with a small staircase on the ground floor.

1 spacious bedroom ensuite with
1 Study room on the first floor.

Builders in the house, how far can 8 million go?
8 million will not be able to finish fantastically.
It will go a long way sha.
If prices of materials are as they were last year's January, it could have.
I am an architect here.
I design, I build.
+2348108408732
oakgroupdesigns@gmail.com

Re: Can 8million Build This Contemporary Small House by propzncribz: 1:48pm On Jan 03, 2022
Immorttal:
Thanks for your input. I want to urgently move in, that's another wahala. The project would start first week of febuary, I don't think it should exceed a month from start to finish cos funds is ready.

Don't make the mistake to rush your project, because there are likely to be errors during construction. Take it a slow step at a time so if the builders make a mistake, it can easily be corrected.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Flat Needed For Rent In Abesan Estate Ipaja Or Amosun / Aluminium Step Roofing Sheet / Solar Power Wall Light Fence LED Outdoor Lighting Powered Yard Garden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.