Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? (1065 Views)

Best Programming Books 2020. / Hardcopy Programming Books / Where Can I Buy Programming Books In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Mkingz(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2022
Hello fam,

Please what are good programming books to recommend to a newbie looking to pursue a web development career?

Gurus in the house, your response will be greatly appreciated.

Mods, please can this get to front page as it would greatly benefit myself and others.
Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by MOS6502: 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2022
You don't need a book for now.

1. Get an account on codeacademy.com. Choose Javascript; complete the free lessons.
2. Get an account on freecodecamp.com. Complete the Javascript tutorials.

You should be done in 30 days max (I am serious angry). You are what you eat. If all you do is program, eat, rest, exercise (I do long-distance walking).

Ignore your friends. You won't go far in programming if you are not ready to become a narcissist ; healthy or toxic wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by jbreezy: 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mkingz:
Hello fam,

Please what are good programming books to recommend to a newbie looking to pursue a web development career?

Gurus in the house, your response will be greatly appreciated.

Mods, please can this get to front page as it would greatly benefit myself and others.
For your html/css, get "Head First HTML With CSS" by Elisabeth and Eric Freeman.
You can also use "Duckett" by Jon Duckett

For your javascript, hmmmm...people might advise you to start with "Eloquent Javascript", but please, don't listen to them. Start with something simpler, like "Learning Javascript" by Ethan Brown before you move to "Eloquent Javascript"...Then you will need to learn DOM well too. Those two books didn't really deal with DOM to my satisfaction, so it will be advisable if you can read "DOM Enlightenment" by Cody Lindley. Goodluck ahead.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Sheriman(m): 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2022
MOS6502:

1. Get an account on codeacademy.com. Choose Javascript; complete the free lessons.

You should be done in 30 days max (I am serious angry). You are what you eat. If all you do is program, eat, rest, exercise (I do long-distance walking).

Ignore your friends. You won't go far in programming if you are not ready to become a narcissist ; healthy or toxic wink

Programming will turn him to introvert and a reserved person.
Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Mkingz(m): 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
Ahhh thanks a lot bro...i really appreciate this...One question please, what’s DOM?
jbreezy:

For your html/css, get "Head First HTML With CSS" by Elisabeth and Eric Freeman.
You can also use "Duckett" by Jon Duckett

For your javascript, hmmmm...people might advise you to start with "Eloquent Javascript", but please, don't listen to them. Start with something simpler, like "Learning Javascript" by Ethan Brown before you move to "Eloquent Javascript"...Then you will need to learn DOM well too. Those two books didn't really deal with DOM to my satisfaction, so it will be advisable if you can read "DOM Enlightenment" by Cody Lindley. Goodluck ahead.
Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Mkingz(m): 6:09pm On Jan 03, 2022
Lol @the last part.
I already have an account on freecodecamp buh haven’t gotten to javascript yet buh I’ll follow your response. Thanks a lot
MOS6502:

Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Mkingz(m): 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
Omo if that is the price for success, it’s worth it tho buh i believe in finding a balance
Sheriman:

Programming will turn him to introvert and a reserved person.
Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by jbreezy: 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mkingz:
Ahhh thanks a lot bro...i really appreciate this...One question please, what’s DOM?
Document Object Model..Makes your javascript access yur HTML/CSS contents...And bro, you will be needing google a lot.

1 Like

Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Mkingz(m): 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
Thanks
jbreezy:
Document Object Model..Makes your javascript access yur HTML/CSS contents...And bro, you will be needing google a lot.
Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Vikkoh(m): 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2022
Mkingz:

Bro you sent me a mail
Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Mkingz(m): 11:26pm On Aug 10, 2022
Vikkoh:

Bro you sent me a mail
Yes i did bro...still waiting on your reply. I’ll really appreciate if you do!

Modified: just noticed you quoted me on a dead thread...I appreciate!

My question is How do you research domain names using crunchbase...i was really amazed by your sale of vecna // xyz considering it’s a five character long name which is rare to find. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to divulge your whole secret considering it’s your first sale in Domaining, but if you could point me in the right direction of procedures you use in finding decent domain names on crunchbase, I’ll really appreciate it.

PS: I’ve tried navigating the crunchbase interface and watched YouTube videos on how to use crunchbase, but none really gave me what i wanted so please, I’ll appreciate your help. Thank you!
Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Vikkoh(m): 7:42am On Aug 11, 2022
Mkingz:
Yes i did bro...still waiting on your reply. I’ll really appreciate if you do!

Modified: just noticed you quoted me on a dead thread...I appreciate!

My question is How do you research domain names using crunchbase...i was really amazed by your sale of vecna // xyz considering it’s a five character long name which is rare to find. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to divulge your whole secret considering it’s your first sale in Domaining, but if you could point me in the right direction of procedures you use in finding decent domain names on crunchbase, I’ll really appreciate it.

PS: I’ve tried navigating the crunchbase interface and watched YouTube videos on how to use crunchbase, but none really gave me what i wanted so please, I’ll appreciate your help. Thank you!

So this is it;
Crunchbase = CB
Trademark = TD

* I head over to CB in my Incognito tab.

There are many categories on CB but I mostly focus on Tech and Trending Tech companies because the world is going the tech way and from what I heard, tech sales in the XYZ extension supersedes other keyword sales.

So I look for a Company name I like in the tech business. I also make sure it's a 'brandable .xyz' in the sense that any tech startup can use it if not the owners of other extensions of the same name.

You can also go for other Niche but this is just my own way.

So I see a name I like, I use this website//seo//checker.com tool to check the DA, SS and those other metrics. My DA is preferably over 10 and SS under 10 but it the name is very good, I may reconsider.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Mkingz(m): 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2022
This means alot to me. Thank you brother! I’ll practice this and keep you posted.
Thanks again! If we could possibly keep in touch on whatsapp, I’ll appreciate. If not, this has been more than helpful.

Modified: One last thing bro, are you subscribed to crunchbase pro?
cause with the free version, the number of tech companies accessible is very limited. If you aren’t subscribed to pro, how do you have access to view a larger company names?

Thank you as I anticipate your response.
Vikkoh:

So this is it;
Crunchbase = CB
Trademark = TD

There are many categories on CB but I mostly focus on Tech and Trending Tech companies because the world is going the tech way and from what I heard, tech sales in the XYZ extension supersedes other keyword sales.

So I look for a Company name I like in the tech business. I also make sure it's a 'brandable .xyz' in the sense that any tech startup can use it if not the owners of other extensions of the same name.

So I see a name I like, I use this website//seo//checker.com tool to check the DA, SS and those other metrics. My DA is preferably over 10 and SS under 10 but it the name is very good, I may reconsider.

1 Like

Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Mkingz(m): 9:51am On Aug 18, 2022
Hello bro, sorry to bother you again..my previous question has made me unable to move forward with crunchbase. For eg, I searched for Tech companies, and i could only access 5 out of over 1k companies listed...i tried the “start free trial” option so atleast i can get access to the full platform for 7days but then the requirement was to fill in a credit card details which i currently don’t possess.

Please, how did you work your way around this to seamlessly research names?
I’ll really appreciate a response to this as it’s holding me back, thank you!
Vikkoh:

So this is it;
Crunchbase = CB
Trademark = TD

Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Vikkoh(m): 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
Mkingz:
Hello bro, sorry to bother you again..my previous question has made me unable to move forward with crunchbase. For eg, I searched for Tech companies, and i could only access 5 out of over 1k companies listed...i tried the “start free trial” option so atleast i can get access to the full platform for 7days but then the requirement was to fill in a credit card details which i currently don’t possess.

Please, how did you work your way around this to seamlessly research names?
I’ll really appreciate a response to this as it’s holding me back, thank you!

I worked with the names I saw available.
The payment thing was also a setback but I kept on checking all the free and accessible categories on CB
Re: What Are Good Programming Books To Recommend To A Newbie? by Mkingz(m): 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2022
Vikkoh:

I worked with the names I saw available.
The payment thing was also a setback but I kept on checking all the free and accessible categories on CB
Thank you, I appreciate!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ai Books / Lotto Script Need ! / Hey, Php Programmer? I Need Ur Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.