Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts (26170 Views)

Digital Loan Sharks: Shaming, Recovery Techniques Pushing Nigerians To The Brink / Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices / Avoid Loan Sharks, Leverage On Microfinance Banks, Emefiele Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts by Obas101(m): 9:58pm On Jan 04, 2022
I've seen alot of messages from people complaining that loan apps get hold of their contacts and send embarrassing messages to their contacts.
Well their is a way to go around it. You can take a loan and even when you default your contacts won't be available for the loan company to reach out to.
P.s in no way am I encouraging taking loans without repayment. But I understand where time may stretch and payment may come late. Its totally wrong for these companies to reach out to your contacts and send derogatory messages. Haba even after adding late fee charges? Who does that. Without further ado let's get to it.

When you download an app, your first time usage the app may ask for certain permissions from your phone. These permissions could be access to your contacts, messages, camera etc. A lot of people give these permissions in other to use the services the app is offering.
Now, for loan apps once you've granted this permissions and you've gotten your loan, go into your phone settings and disable remove these permissions. The truth is only when you default, the operators go to the app to retrieve your phone contacts that's if the permissions are still granted. I can assure you once you turn it off and don't open the app again they won't have it. They will threaten to send messages but believe me they can't.
Now there is a twist to it. If they can't get into your contacts after you've defaulted, you will start getting third party links to other loan companies promising you a large sum of money for loan. This is their strategy trying to get you to follow up on these 3rs party apps so that they can retrieve your contacts when you grant permissions.

This is how you cheat the system. Ordinarily based on the law on taking credits/loan. No lender is to harass any user. What they can only do is add your name and details to the credit bureau... The implications of that is that you can't take loans and you can't travel out etc. Further prosecution can only come after 1 year... Ladies and gentlemen be smart and learn from this. Don't ever succumb or allow anybody to threaten you

4 Likes

Re: How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts by Romanoff(f): 10:05pm On Jan 04, 2022
Onigbese 1 of Africa. You're teaching people how to cheat loan apps by not paying back their loan.
Re: How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts by Obas101(m): 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2022
Romanoff:
Onigbese 1 of Africa. You're teaching people how to cheat loan apps by not paying back their loan.

No na... I said how to stop them from getting your contacts. The info you provide about yourself and your guarantor is enough. Abeg o people should try and pay back once they have the money
Re: How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts by Romanoff(f): 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2022
Obas101:

No na... I said how to stop them from getting your contacts. The info you provide about yourself and your guarantor is enough. Abeg o people should try and pay back once they have the money

Not once get have the money, they should pay back at the time stipulated for payment.
Re: How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts by Abfinest007(m): 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
Just delete the app not need for that again
Re: How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts by Soleye24(m): 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2022
Where in phone settings? I can't find anything
Re: How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts by MrFollowFollow(m): 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2022
Obas101:
I've seen alot of messages from people complaining that loan apps get hold of their contacts and send embarrassing messages to their contacts.
Well their is a way to go around it. You can take a loan and even when you default your contacts won't be available for the loan company to reach out to.
P.s in no way am I encouraging taking loans without repayment. But I understand where time may stretch and payment may come late. Its totally wrong for these companies to reach out to your contacts and send derogatory messages. Haba even after adding late fee charges? Who does that. Without further ado let's get to it.

When you download an app, your first time usage the app may ask for certain permissions from your phone. These permissions could be access to your contacts, messages, camera etc. A lot of people give these permissions in other to use the services the app is offering.
Now, for loan apps once you've granted this permissions and you've gotten your loan, go into your phone settings and disable remove these permissions. The truth is only when you default, the operators go to the app to retrieve your phone contacts that's if the permissions are still granted. I can assure you once you turn it off and don't open the app again they won't have it. They will threaten to send messages but believe me they can't.
Now there is a twist to it. If they can't get into your contacts after you've defaulted, you will start getting third party links to other loan companies promising you a large sum of money for loan. This is their strategy trying to get you to follow up on these 3rs party apps so that they can retrieve your contacts when you grant permissions.

This is how you cheat the system. Ordinarily based on the law on taking credits/loan. No lender is to harass any user. What they can only do is add your name and details to the credit bureau... The implications of that is that you can't take loans and you can't travel out etc. Further prosecution can only come after 1 year... Ladies and gentlemen be smart and learn from this. Don't ever succumb or allow anybody to threaten you

So this is how you want to start this new year abi?
Re: How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts by shortgun(m): 12:25am On Jan 05, 2022
Once you grant permission for the first time they already have all the information they need about you.
Don't waste your time, it won't work.
Borrow only what you can pay.
Re: How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts by gozmann(m): 6:15pm On Feb 07, 2023
If you have complaints to make about loan sharks, you can forward them to this email address: lendersinterimregistration@fccpc.gov.ng with proofs/screenshots. Please, don't wait till you're defamed 🙏🏼

I believe we can put an end to this madness for good.
Re: How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts by libertanna: 7:05am On Mar 24, 2023
SilverLake Financial operates as a lender marketplace, which means it connects borrowers with a range of lenders across the United States. To use SilverLake Financial, borrowers simply need to visit the company's website and complete an online application. From there, silver lake financial will match the borrower with potential lenders who can offer them a loan. The borrower can then look through loan offers and choose the one that best suits their needs.

(1) (Reply)

Skye Bank Customers Don't Panic - 10 Things To Know About Skye Bank Takeover / Nigerian Man Cries Out As Ghana Government Locks His Shop After Showing Document / 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.