Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,331 members, 7,860,816 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:46 PM

My Experience With KOTRAMA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience With KOTRAMA (211 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With KOTRAMA by plot697: 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
KOTRAMA {Kogi state transport management agency}

I left Abuja on Dec 16th, 2021 for the East. normally the journey should take me through Kogi State. Inside Lokoja directly opposite the state internal revenue service, some men in blue uniform stopped me. the man who approached demanded to see my car particulars and drivers license. I responded by asking him the authority that empowered him to make such demands. he pointed at the BIR. meanwhile, one of them had removed my back number plate.

i came down from my car and stood beside my door and watched how other drivers complied with the same request they made to me. i then brought out my particulars and license and gave to one of them. he made more demands to see my fire extincquisher and caution sign which he eventually sighted. to cut a long story short, i parted with 2k to get my plate number, particulars and license back. this took upto 40 minutes to an hour. And I ask, does a state have the power to create an agency that does the work federal agencies like the police and road safety.

pls, share your experience

(1) (Reply)

What Constitutes A Hotel's Complimentary Items List? / French Volunteers Head To Ukraine at Their Own Expense. / Nigerian Student Documents Journey Fleeing Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.