Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland (1384 Views)

PIXELLAB Tips For Mobile Graphic Designers / Learn Mobile Video Editing / Graphics Design Tutorial Video Live On Niraland ! !! !!!!!(my Portfolio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by MrRichy(m): 11:23am On Jan 08, 2022
Hi NLanders. My name is Richard, and I'll like to teach us how to make nice graphic designs with our mobile phones. And it's for free.

And it's really easy making cool designs. It's not really as hard as they say it is. I'm not a Professional tho, but I try.

So just follow this thread as the class starts today.

3 Likes

Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by Kingsleyebere(m): 11:29am On Jan 08, 2022
Okay God have mercy on you! If the class didn't hold today
Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by MrRichy(m): 11:33am On Jan 08, 2022
Here are a few of my designs. I started my design journey using church programs to learn. And the designs were really awful at the beginning.

Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by Notryme80: 11:38am On Jan 08, 2022
Following

2 Likes

Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by MrRichy(m): 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
Let's begin by knowing what graphic design is all about.
What is Graphic design?

Graphic design is a craft where professionals create visual content to communicate messages. By applying visual hierarchy and page layout techniques, designers use typography and pictures to meet users’ specific needs and focus on the logic of displaying elements in interactive designs, to optimize the user experience.
Here are some very important things you need to know before you journey into graphic design. regardless if you're designing for money or for fun.

1. *lines and shapes*
Lines and shapes form the foundation of your designs, and how you use them can completely transform how a design looks and feels. Understanding the meaning of lines and shapes is crucial for creating designs that are in-line with your brand, vision and messaging.The lines and shapes you use in your designs are part of an even bigger picture called brand identity. Learn how it works and how to develop a great one.

2. *Color
Color is influence. Color is power. Color drives engagement. But only if you know how to use it.The colors you choose for your designs are crucial not only to your overall aesthetic, but to how well your designs connect with your audience (which ultimately drives results). If you want to use color to your advantage, you need to understand how each color affects your audience. Learn more about the psychology of color, the deeper meaning behind each hue, and how to best use color to your advantage.

1 Like

Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by MrRichy(m): 1:45pm On Jan 08, 2022
3. *Typography
The words you use in your designs are important, but so are the fonts you use to communicate those words.Typography covers everything from font selection to font layout. You’ve got to understand the basics of typography. But you also need to understand how to use them creatively. 
I'll give you some sites where you can download free fonts for your designs
•Google Fonts. Google Fonts is among the most popular and most used font resources in the world. ...
•Font Squirrel. Font Squirrel is a great website for discovering free fonts that are ready for commercial use.
•Fontspace.
•Befonts.
DaFont.
FFonts.
Free Script Fonts.
FontsArena.

Next is
4. *Texture
Texture is a sure way to add depth and dimension to your designs, which makes them more visually engaging. texture makes your designs even more memorable.

So graphic design is basically using shapes, lines, colors, typography and texture or picture to create nice visual content. every graphic design is just a mixture of all these. a good designer is someone who knows how to use this elements well.
Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by MrRichy(m): 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2022
For our graphic design class, I'll like you to download "Canva" and "Pixellab" on Google Play store. We'll be making use of this apps in the course of this teaching.

Let me know when you download the apps smiley
Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by MrRichy(m): 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2022
Here are some graphic design apps.. But remember we are using Pixellab and maybe a little bit of canva for this teaching.

Canva
Pixellab
Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Photoshop
GIMP
Inkscape
CorelDRAW
Pixlr
Gravit Designer
Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign
Autodesk SketchBook
Adobe Spark
Krita
Adobe Photoshop Express
Adobe Creative Cloud
SVG-edit
Adobe Comp
Sumo Paint
PhotoScape
PaintShop Pro
Pixelmator
Affinity Photo
Daz Studio
Snapseed.

We have lots of apps used for graphic design.. Some designers even use more than one app just to achieve a better design.
Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by MrRichy(m): 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
Let's talk about Canva and Pixellab
Canva:
Canva is a graphic design platform, used to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents and other visual content. The app includes templates for users to use. The platform is free to use and offers paid subscriptions like Canva Pro and Canva for Enterprise for additional functionality. Canva really offers a variety of content types. From pre-sized social media image and header templates to marketing materials, documents, presentations,invitations and ads, you’ll find almost everything you need.If you don’t, you can always create a custom project. I use canva sometimes cos everything has been layed out for me. all I need is just to insert my picture and whatever I want to write in the design. but the only down side to it is that it
uses mobile *data*. so if you don't have data, it won't work.
this is why I use Pixellab for most of my designs.
Pixellab can be used even without having data on your phone. cool right? I'll advise you use pixellab to start your mobile design journey, cos pixellab won't give you already made template unlike Canva. in pixellab you'll start from scratch with your design.

2 Likes

Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by Coded2Secure: 10:26am On Jan 27, 2022
Get Access To This Photoshop Premium Mockups � https://finbaze.com/mockups

Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by Coded2Secure: 10:28am On Jan 27, 2022
Get Access To This Photoshop Premium Mockups � https://finbaze.com/mockups

Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by Percaput: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
Please is it the Pixellab with the Blue Icon?
Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by Doracity82(m): 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2022
Apps downloaded
Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by Idonorcollins(m): 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
Are you a graphics designer or phone graphics designer then ensure to join this group

� how to get beautiful fonts for your designs
�How to install them on pixellab
�How to get colour palettes/colour ideas for your design
� Image/bulk image background removal (HD)
� Designs and templates sources to get ideas
�How to get free graphics resources for your designs
� Pixellab basis
To access the class click here
Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by PeterOyebode(m): 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
Re: Learn Mobile Graphic Design Live On Nairaland by gmary: 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDyLBo_zXwo

Joining me in this session is Victor Fatanmi, Co-Founder - FourthCanvas and author of "How to sell anything to anyone."

Stakeholder management is one critical skill that distinguishes a good designer/creative from a great one. We will break down the concept into practical steps backed with witty stories from Victor's personal and professional experience.

(1) (Reply)

Tv Commercials,post-production,events,movies,music Videos,animations,etc / Digital Painting Design Competition To Win 70,000 Naira / Funny Election Animation Featuring Jonathan And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.