Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? (863 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
How can you tell without the “hype” and noise pollution?

I walked around today and observed the good, bad and ugly around me. Without even trying to justify the basis of their faith, they all looked the same to me. undecided

1. They all had the same propensity for good and evil (to various degrees on ANY given spectrum).

2. They are all subjected to the same socio- economic, medical and emotional vulnerabilities.

3. They are all born and they all die the same ways. They are kidnapped and tortured the same way.

My question for Christians is:

WHAT MAKES YOU DIFFERENT FROM A PAGAN? By what grace or “disgrace”?

Definition of a pagan in lay man’s terms is: A NON-CHRISTIAN.

No, I am not Christian, though was born in a “Christian” home. I was never one(only faked it like I was taught to), and will never be one. I know better now as an adult. For this sole reason, I can observe all with an unbiased intellect.

WHEN A PERSON IS LAYING IN A MORGUE or DECAYING in a SIX-FOOT spiritual sub-marine, can you tell what kind of life was lived or what faith practiced?

I see blurred lines.

5 Likes

Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by thorpido(m): 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2022
Kanwulia,been a while.

If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. 1 Corinthians 15:19

I like your last statement.....blurred lines...... there's something about blurred lines.If you've ever gone for an eye test and you're told to read those letters,they are blurred.Well, it's not that the letters are blurred, it's just how you see.

Time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by KanwuliaExtra: 11:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
thorpido:
Kanwulia,been a while.

If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. 1 Corinthians 15:19

I like your last statement.....blurred lines...... there's something about blurred lines.

Time will tell.

Yes ooooo.
Been a while, but still very much around. kiss

Thanks for your response.

Blurrrrrrrrred lines. Only time can tell for sure.

Good to see you. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by Northernblood5(m): 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2022
See them

Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by orisa37: 6:53am On Jan 09, 2022
CHRISTIANS WORK BY THE BIBLE. PAGANS WORK BY THE HUNCH.
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by helinues: 6:56am On Jan 09, 2022
Hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
How can you tell without the “hype” and noise pollution?

I walked around today and observed the good, bad and ugly around me. Without even trying to justify the basis of their faith, they all looked the same to me. undecided
1. They all had the same propensity for good and evil (to various degrees on ANY given spectrum).
2. They are all subjected to the same socio- economic, medical and emotional vulnerabilities.
3. They are all born and they all die the same ways. They are kidnapped and tortured the same way.

1.WHAT MAKES YOU DIFFERENT FROM A PAGAN? By what grace or “disgrace”?

2. Definition of a pagan in lay man’s terms is: A NON-CHRISTIAN.
No, I am not Christian, though was born in a “Christian” home. I was never one(only faked it like I was taught to), and will never be one. I know better now as an adult. For this sole reason, I can observe all with an unbiased intellect.

3. WHEN A PERSON IS LAYING IN A MORGUE or DECAYING in a SIX-FOOT spiritual sub-marine, can you tell what kind of life was lived or what faith practiced?

I see blurred lines.
I too asked myself similar questions some years ago, and it was only after a very long period of careful consideration that I realized that I needed to apply the right standard when judging who is a Christian and who isn't- Pagan. undecided

Christians, like your average Pagans, are humans and as such
▪︎ Have propensity for good and evil but they chose to do good works, this in direct obedience of God's laid out commandments which are documented in the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ- the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
▪︎They are subject to the same socioeconomic, medical and emotional vulnerabilities. This because they are in this world, however,they are not brought down by these because they are not of this world. undecided
▪︎definitely, every Christian is born and so will die - either a natural or unnatural death. This, a fact! undecided

However what makes a Christian different from a pagan is that
■ Christians are called to Live their existence in complete submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant, which are rules meant to redeem them as men from God's curse on mankind, this since Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 undecided

■ Christians are expected to become Sons of God, this as the continue to live their lives away from the curse, becoming vessels worthy of God's own Spirit and Truth to reside in - John 8 vs 31 & John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

■ Through complete submission and obedience to the Will of God - the teachings and command of Jesus Christ- and God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God, Christian individuals are expected to do the works that Jesus Christ did and more - John 14 vs 1 - 6 undecided

As for how to tell a Pagan from a Christian, there is only one way, and according to Jesus Christ, those who love Him are those who do as He asks .I.e. those who submit to and obey His teachings and His commandments, not to be confused with the doctrines and teachings of men(and their churches). - John 14 vs 15 - 25

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:37am On Jan 11, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

1. They all had the same propensity for good and evil (to various degrees on ANY given spectrum). ...

1) Christians and not church goers, DO ONLY THE GOOD AND THE RIGHT. Others do only some good and great evil.

But, Christians (and not church goers) ONLY DO IN ABOUT 98-99% of the time, ONLY THE GOOD AND THE RIGHT!

2)THE WHOLE WORLD ATTACKS THEM CONTINUALLY. insulting them because of their Good Doing aka goody-goody and their easy propensity to do the good.

3) And always perpetually trying to stop them from doing The Good. ("I know no why you jus be like dis. Why you know jus do like everybody?"wink

4) And always selling to them the evil things that they should do ("you know dey see how Itoro fine wife dey look and gbadun you? Why you never give am face? You see her yansh and everything?.

The-evils aka D'evils Always Continually and Continuously Attack Christians and they do not do so to Others.

These are some of the major differences between a Christian and Others including Church goers!

5) AND IT IS ONLY THE CHRISTIAN WHO WILL TELL YOU TO YOUR FACE, THAT THE WICKEDNESS AND EVIL YOU ARE DOING OR HAVE DONE IS WICKED OR EVIL OR BAD (WHATEVER THE DEGREE OF IT) ANYTIME AND EVERYTIME YOU ASK HIM, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!

KanwuliaExtra:

WHEN A PERSON IS LAYING IN A MORGUE or DECAYING in a SIX-FOOT spiritual sub-marine, can you tell what kind of life was lived or what faith practiced?

Correction!

It is the living who are examined, and not the dead!

Thus, another difference is when the Wicked and the-evil Die, there are shouts of Joy but when The Righteous Die, the whole earth mourns.
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by KanwuliaExtra: 7:31am On Jan 12, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

1) Christians and not church goers, DO ONLY THE GOOD AND THE RIGHT. Others do only some good and great evil.

But, Christians (and not church goers) ONLY DO IN ABOUT 98-99% of the time, ONLY THE GOOD AND THE RIGHT!

2)THE WHOLE WORLD ATTACKS THEM CONTINUALLY. insulting them because of their Good Doing aka goody-goody and their easy propensity to do the good.

3) And always perpetually trying to stop them from doing The Good. ("I know no why you jus be like dis. Why you know jus do like everybody?"wink

4) And always selling to them the evil things that they should do ("you know dey see how Itoro fine wife dey look and gbadun you? Why you never give am face? You see her yansh and everything?.

The-evils aka D'evils Always Continually and Continuously Attack Christians and they do not do so to Others.

These are some of the major differences between a Christian and Others including Church goers!

5) AND IT IS ONLY THE CHRISTIAN WHO WILL TELL YOU TO YOUR FACE, THAT THE WICKEDNESS AND EVIL YOU ARE DOING OR HAVE DONE IS WICKED OR EVIL OR BAD (WHATEVER THE DEGREE OF IT) ANYTIME AND EVERYTIME YOU ASK HIM, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!

Correction!

It is the living who are examined, and not the dead!

Thus, another difference is when the Wicked and the-evil Die, there are shouts of Joy but when The Righteous Die, the whole earth mourns.

I am glad you were able to make the distinction between being a Christian and a church goer. One reason I gave up Christianity is that I never met ONE CHRISTIAN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. . . . Only church-goers.✅

This is not an attack on “Christians”.
I only wanted to point out that there is really no difference between a “church-goer” and a PAGAN!

If you can’t be 100% like CHRIST, how can you call yourself a CHRISTIAN? undecided

If we really had “CHRISTIANS” anywhere in AFRICA. . . . ? All we have are CHURCH-GOING-PAGANS!

That’s my point.
Only making a philosophical statement.
Think and express yourself objectively. Don't get personal.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by KanwuliaExtra: 7:42am On Jan 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I too asked myself similar questions some years ago, and it was only after a very long period of careful consideration that I realized that I needed to apply the right standard when judging who is a Christian and who isn't- Pagan. undecided

▪︎ Have propensity for good and evil but they chose to do good works, this in direct obedience of God's laid out commandments which are documented in the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ- the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
▪︎They are subject to the same socioeconomic, medical and emotional vulnerabilities. This because they are in this world, however,they are not brought down by these because they are not of this world. undecided
▪︎definitely, every Christian is born and so will die - either a natural or unnatural death. This, a fact! undecided

■ Christians are called to Live their existence in complete submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant, which are rules meant to redeem them as men from God's curse on mankind, this since Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 undecided

■ Christians are expected to become Sons of God, this as the continue to live their lives away from the curse, becoming vessels worthy of God's own Spirit and Truth to reside in - John 8 vs 31 & John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

■ Through complete submission and obedience to the Will of God - the teachings and command of Jesus Christ- and God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God, Christian individuals are expected to do the works that Jesus Christ did and more - John 14 vs 1 - 6 undecided

As for how to tell a Pagan from a Christian, there is only one way, and according to Jesus Christ, those who love Him are those who do as He asks .I.e. those who submit to and obey His teachings and His commandments, not to be confused with the doctrines and teachings of men(and their churches). - John 14 vs 15 - 25

Thanks Kobojee!
Good to see you, my original NL-warrior!
Welcome.

My sentiments exactly.
Question for you.
HAVE YOU EVER MET A TRUE CHRISTIAN?

I have NEVER met one! NOT ONE. All I see around me are PAGANS who keep making a mockery of CHRIST and CHRISTENDOM.

I refuse to be part of that charade.
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by Kobojunkie: 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
Thanks Kobojee!
Good to see you, my original NL-warrior!
Welcome.

My sentiments exactly.
Question for you.
HAVE YOU EVER MET A TRUE CHRISTIAN?

I have NEVER met one! NOT ONE. All I see around me are PAGANS who keep making a mockery of CHRIST and CHRISTENDOM.

I refuse to be part of that charade.
grin

Well, rather than wait to meet one, I am working on being one myself so I can experience Jesus Christ as He ought to be experienced, and tell His Truth to those who truly desire Him above and beyond all the lies broadcast from churches and pulpits in His name. undecided
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:06pm On Jan 12, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

I am glad you were able to make the distinction between being a Christian and a church goer. One reason I gave up Christianity is that I never met ONE CHRISTIAN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. . . . Only church-goers.✅

Then, you missed the great opportunity of being the first Christian any one could meet.

KanwuliaExtra:
l
This is not an attack on “Christians”.
I only wanted to point out that there is really no difference between a “church-goer” and a PAGAN!

Accepted!
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by KanwuliaExtra: 5:43pm On Jan 12, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Then, you missed the great opportunity of being the first Christian any one could meet.

Accepted!

At the bolded. No thanks. I’m good. grin
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

At the bolded. No thanks. grin

It's not my loss! grin
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

At the bolded. No thanks. grin

It's not my loss or Failure! grin
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

WHAT MAKES YOU DIFFERENT FROM A PAGAN?

Before you can find the answer to your question, you need to know the difference between the founders of all other religions and the founder of Christianity: Jesus of Nazareth!
The man Jesus is from the tribe of Judah and in Israel (the nation of twelve tribes) Judah and his descendants were promised to be the royal family, they have nothing to do with the temple worship. God chose Levi and his descendants to officiate inside the temple so going by this arrangement Jesus has no right to correct anything done in the temple.
But later prophecies revealed that the Messiah will serve as both King and High priest in order to save his people from their sins! Isaiah 9:6-7

So when Jesus came the people expected him to start ruling as King after all that's what the scriptures said about the Messiah (Christ) but they missed something: he must first prove to be the high priest before he can earn the crown to begin his rule. That's why Jesus first began preaching and teaching throughout all Judea to gather people who will become priests and Kings to work with him!
It was after he offered the greatest of all sacrifices that the power was given him to begin ruling (only within his followers) Matthew 28:18
He told them that before they can fully qualify to become co-rulers with him in his Kingdom they must work hard to gather their own subjects from the people under Satan's control, that's why Satan fought hard to make sure that all of them died in the course but Jesus promised them that their faith will not die even if they were killed {Matthew 10:28} despite Satan's anger Jesus' disciples fought back spiritually speaking {Ephesians 6:12} to make sure they complete their assignment: putting everything Jesus taught them in writing for later generations to continue from where they stopped.
So Jesus and his disciples died in this course due to the hatred people around them had for their mission, and Jesus said the same kind of hatred will always follow anyone who chooses to follow him! Matthew 10:22-25

Now ask yourself:
Do your parents go from house to house preaching and teaching in all their neighbourhood as Jesus commanded? Matthew 10:13-15
Do they stand out as no part of politics and racism going around the world like Jesus did? John 17:14-16; 18:36
Do they belong to any group with which they have the same line of thought? John 17:22
Do people in your neighbourhood know any group that have LOVE among themselves to which your parents belong? John 13:34-35
Do people in your neighbourhood vilify your parents due to their unique faith? John 15:19

Well if the answer to all these is NO or you're not sure then your parents were never followers of Jesus of Nazareth so they weren't Christians! undecided
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:12am On Jan 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well if the answer to all these is NO or you're not sure then your parents were never followers of Jesus of Nazareth so they weren't Christians! undecided

I think I already established this EMPIRICAL FACT. The answer is NO.. Neither are you nor your parents. We were only good at “faking Christianity”! kiss
Satan was also versed in quoting the scriptures.✅
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:37am On Jan 13, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

I think I already established this EMPIRICAL FACT. The answer is NO.. Neither are you nor your parents. We were only good at “faking Christianity”! kiss
Satan was also versed in quoting the scriptures.✅

You got it right about my parents, they weren't and never cared to be Christians.
But as for me let me hint you on what being a Christian means then think about me once again.
I was a Muslim and i love to see a world where everyone will be at peace with one another but it seems impossible because throughout the whole world most people are selfish, greedy and self-centered.
So i opted for atheism. But atheists only talk about problems they don't think of any solution.
That's why i became open minded trying to see if there are people like me in this world.
When i first come in contact with Jehovah's Witnesses their beliefs sounds so heretic to me because it doesn't correlate with any of the teachings i've heard in the past. Then i thought within myself "if i don't listen how am i going to find what i'm looking for?"
That's why i allowed them, at first i ran away after discovering they're the one and only true believers in Jesus Christ but i later came back and joined them because there is no other group of people practicing what Jesus taught! smiley
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by KanwuliaExtra: 6:01am On Jan 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You got it right about my parents, they weren't and never cared to be Christians.
But as for me let me hint you on what being a Christian means then think about me once again.
I was a Muslim and i love to see a world where everyone will be at peace with one another but it seems impossible because throughout the whole world most people are selfish, greedy and self-centered.
So i opted for atheism. But atheists only talk about problems they don't think of any solution.
That's why i became open minded trying to see if there are people like me in this world.
When i first come in contact with Jehovah's Witnesses their beliefs sounds so heretic to me because it doesn't correlate with any of the teachings i've heard in the past. Then i thought within myself "if i don't listen how am i going to find what i'm looking for?"
That's why i allowed them, at first i ran away after discovering they're the one and only true believers in Jesus Christ but i later came back and joined them because there is no other group of people practicing what Jesus taught! smiley

I like the fact that you have been embarking on a “spiritual pilgrimage”.

Any time anyone tells me one religion is the ONLY TRUE BELIEVING MEDIUM, I pause and take a stop back. I have only tried to practice Christianity and only fooled myself. As for attempting to understand or join Islam, HELL will freeze over first. ✅

I really am weary of “imported” religions.

When you look around Africa as a whole, one thing is certain. The people and the “gods” they serve are not communicating.

No matter what religion, Africans remain spiritually-retrogressive.

Look at the ways WE LIVE AND RELATE TO EACH OTHER? A total failure. Of what use is your religion when it does not show in your lives or environment?

Just faking!✅

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:39am On Jan 14, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

I like the fact that you have been embarking on a “spiritual pilgrimage”.
Any time anyone tells me one religion is the ONLY TRUE BELIEVING MEDIUM, I pause and take a stop back. I have only tried to practice Christianity and only fooled myself. As for attempting to understand or join Islam, HELL will freeze over first. ✅
I really am weary of “imported” religions.
When you look around Africa as a whole, one thing is certain. The people and the “gods” they serve are not communicating.
No matter what religion, Africans remain spiritually-retrogressive.
Look at the ways WE LIVE AND RELATE TO EACH OTHER? A total failure. Of what use is your religion when it does not show in your lives or environment?
Just faking!✅

Well that's what the one and only true religion could mean for you!

There's no god in any nation that orders their worshipers to propagate anything so all their gods are dumb and inactive {Psalms 115:4-7} the one and only God ordering His worshipers to go and speak with people of other nations is the God that sent Jesus of Nazareth {Matthew 28:18-20} note that Jesus said all powers has been given to him definitely he was talking about the God who sent him {John 3:16} but as for all other religions the worshipers can't make such moves! Psalms 115:8

It's after Jesus' disciples have reached countries like Rome, Greece and Asia that the people there thought of taking their religion abroad. So only the Bible God ordered His own worshipers to go out and speak to gather people for pure worship, this He did through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ! Hebrews 1:1-2

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

May you have PEACE! smiley

Amen.❤️
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by Makschinchin: 10:17am On Jan 24, 2022
thorpido:
Kanwulia,been a while.

True!!
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by Makschinchin: 10:18am On Jan 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by Makschinchin: 11:06am On Jan 24, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

This is saddening... But that shouldn't make you give up on Christianity na .. You look unto Jesus not unto man .. I pray for God's grace on Christians over the world to truly be Christians and Christ-like, not mere church goers embarassed
Re: Any Difference Between A Christian And A Pagan? by KanwuliaExtra: 11:28am On Jan 24, 2022
Makschinchin:

This is saddening... But that shouldn't make you give up on Christianity na .. You look unto Jesus not unto man .. I pray for God's grace on Christians over the world to truly be Christians and Christ-like, not mere church goers embarassed

Amen. . . Till then.✅

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Fall During Prayers / Don’t Give All Your Money To Church, Give The Poor- Pst. Kumuyi / Asman That Has The Earth As His Footstool!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.