Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,121 members, 7,863,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

The Keys (authority) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Keys (authority) (285 Views)

Locate The Keys And Open The Door To Your Glory / 100 Keys On How To Remain Poor By Dr. DK Olukoya – Written Sermon / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Keys (authority) by AbundantLife05: 6:50am On Jan 09, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION.
THE KEYS (AUTHORITY) REV 1:18
the Living One! I was dead, but now look—I am alive forever and ever. And I hold the keys that unlock death and the unseen world. TPT.

Morning dear friends, you are welcome to today’s teaching and I pray that God will reveal the key of great mysteries to us in Jesus name. This morning, our topic is; “The Keys”. I want you to notice that keys are pluralized, it means that we are talking about more than one key. This means that in the hands of Jesus, there are more than one key especially the keys that controls hell (unseen world) and death.

This key stands for authority, Jesus while speaking to John in our text introduced himself to him and us (the book was written for us) as the one with supreme authority over all. This authority makes him Lord. Because for him to be Lord, he has to have authority over everything in all realms. These are the things he has authority on.

1. Authority over death and hell. Rev 9:1
Then the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen to earth from the sky, and he was given the key to the shaft of the bottomless pit. NLT.

Because the authority over hell and death is in the hands of Jesus, he could give the authority (key) to the angel to carry out his assignment. Jesus authority over death and hell makes their power powerless over us and renders the power of sin powerless over us too.

2. Authority over the keys of David (Intimacy and prayer). Rev 3:7
“Write this letter to the angel of the church in Philadelphia. This is the message from the one who is holy and true, The one who has the key of David. What he opens, no one can close; And what he closes, no one can open: NLT.

Jesus has the key of Intimacy and prayer. This is what the key of David refers to. With Jesus, we have access to God to have a deep relationship with God through the Holy Spirit. Luke 24:49; “And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.” NLT. Also, through Jesus we have the right to ask for anything in his name and receive them. John 16:24; “You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.” NLT.

Furthermore, the Holy Spirit helps us in praying Rom 8:26; “And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.” NLT. It is important to note that God does not have favourites, he only has people who long for him and he reveals himself to them more. Gal 2:6.

3. Authority over the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 16:19
And I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven.” NLT.

This is the continuation of the authority over the keys of David. God has given us authority over everything on earth through prayers. Whatever we allow on earth is allowed and whatever we prevent will be prevented by the power of God.

4. Authority over kingdom knowledge. Luke 11:52
“What sorrow awaits you experts in religious law! For you remove the key to knowledge from the people. You don’t enter the Kingdom yourselves, and you prevent others from entering.” NLT.

With the work of the cross and resurrection of our Lord, he has authority over salvation. He used himself as a sacrificial lamb for us and purchased us with his blood. Thus, salvation is a gift given to us by the work of Christ. Eph 2:5; “that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)” NLT.

In addition, while the religious leaders prevent people from entering the kingdom of God, Jesus gives the key to gain knowledge about the kingdom to people. Giving them information about the kingdom and shedding his light on the knowledge to bring people into his Kingdom. He has commissioned us to go into the world and preach the gospel for people to hear the it and be saved. Rom 10:17; “So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ.” NLT.

This authority is a crucial one as it deals with adding to the kingdom of God. This is the authority this vision operates on, sending out the message of God to bring more people into the kingdom of God. Therefore, if you are not a member of God’s family, I want you to talk to God and ask him to bring you in by saying this prayer; Lord Jesus, I accept you as the son of God who died for my sins, please save my soul and write my name in the book of life and let me serve you forever. Amen.

If you have made that prayer, I congratulate you and welcome you to the family of God. Please join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ. God bless you. If you have questions and comments, contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms.
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

My Encounter With Native Doctors: Pastor Chris / Portharcourt Holy Ghost Rally 2022 / Pastor Spotted Looking At A Woman's Butt During A Church Service | Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.