Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:49 PM

The Life I Never Had. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Life I Never Had. (403 Views)

I Wish I Never Meet Him A Regret Story By Mary Temitope / The Life I Didn't Want To Live - Diaries Of A Virgin Boy / TOUCHING STORY:- The Life I Didn’t Wish For (episode 14, 15, & 16) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Life I Never Had. by Babasonny(m): 7:43am On Jan 09, 2022
Born into a poor family that could barely afford a three square meal in a suburb of an African country,I was denied of basic luxuries children are exposed to and the basic necessities of life. Worst of it all,I lost my father to the cold hands of death at a very young age. This made me felt my world was crashing. I engaged myself in many odd jobs to fend for myself,my poor mother and my siblings.

Even as the situation came biting hard on me and my family,we never gave up hoping for a better day een though people mock us that hoping for better days is a poor man prayer. In as much as I do this odd jobs to provide food for my family,I know within myself that I'm blessed with a talent and I don't joke with it. I tried so hard to create time out of my busy days to build myself on my talent.

As an African that believed so much in the power of the supreme being,I never failed to pray. My mother also came through for me on this. Fortunately for me,her prayers,my hard work and dedication paved way for me. So,all what I lacked during my childhood are now at my disposal. I can now afford to seek medical attention when I'm sick, have a good accommodation to myself,drive any car of my choice and any other comfortable things of life.

Now that I can afford what I wasn't fortunate enough to have during my childhood days and many children are now deprived of those luxuries and basic necessities of life,what should I do as a responsible human? Should I turn my back on them or extend my hands of fellowship to them? On my part,I chose to help them to have access to all what I couldn't during my childhood days.

But some persons will turn their back on them saying,"who provided those things for me So why should I provide for others"? This act doesn't speak good of us as humans. A life that u were not opportuned to live at a point and you have what it takes to provide for others,please extend your hands of fellowship.

I never enjoyed good health care during my childhood,but I now have hospitals in my community that provide free health care to my community. These and many more I have done to improve the lives of the common man in my community. Do the little you can to ameliorate the sufferings of the people around you even if you were denied of good livelihood while growing up.
This piece was based on a story of an African footballer.
©Baba Sonny.

(1) (Reply)

The 24 Elders - Hakkadosh's Ghost Tale (1st Series) / Remote Writers Wanted! (Renewed) 11/4/2022 / Get Your Sex Life To An Amazing Consistent Level In 21 Days!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.