Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million (7355 Views)

How To Make $930 In Just 7 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by BrandSpurNG: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2022
The Central Bank of Nigeria’s foreign exchange intervention in the economy fell by $930 million in the third quarter of 2021, to $4.03 billion from $4.96 billion in the previous quarter.
This was disclosed by the CBN in its report on forex supply for the third quarter of 2021.

Its intervention in the Investors & Exporters, SMEs, and invisible markets increased from $2.97 billion in Q2 to $3.3 billion in Q3, while interbank intervention increased from $540 million to $730 million.

According to the report, the CBN intervened in the Bureau de Change market for $1.43 billion in Q2, but there was no intervention in Q3.

The apex bank had stopped selling foreign exchange to BDC operators in July of last year.

Godwin Emefiele, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, stated at one of the Monetary Policy Committee meetings that the MPC noted with disappointment and great concern that the BDCs had defeated their purpose of existence, which was to provide forex to retail users.

He claimed they had turned into wholesale and illegal dealers.

He stated that commercial banks would be monitored to provide forex for the legitimate use of Nigerians when announcing its decision to discontinue the sale of forex to them in July.

ABCON President, Alhaji Aminu Gwadabe, stated in a recent statement that the BDC subsector has been in a coma since the July 2021 MPC meeting, when the CBN suspended weekly dollar interventions to the BDCs.

He advised the CBN to de-risk BDC operations in order to provide operators with access to foreign exchange from autonomous sources in 2022 and beyond.

While BDCs are licensed to offer retail forex sales and over-the-counter forex transactions, he believes they also contribute to Nigeria’s economic development.

He stated that the BDCs, among other things, ensured order and confidence in the forex market by providing data for monetary policy and channels for CBN intervention in the retail forex market, as well as creating over 15,000 jobs.

Gwadabe stated that the BDCs subsector’s annual transaction volume of over N1 trillion was under threat, while massive capital investment was becoming redundant, gradually eroding, and winding down.

He advised that, just as the apex bank de-risked the agricultural sector by making it easier for farmers to access cheaper loans at single digit interest rates from banks, the BDCs’ operations could be de-risked to allow them to receive diaspora remittances through International Money Supply Operators and deepen foreign capital flows to the economy.

“ABCON understands the apex bank’s challenges due to dwindling foreign reserves, declining oil output and oil theft, COVID-19-induced economic pains, fiscal policy challenges, debt burden, and election spending, which make it difficult for the CBN to sustain weekly dollar interventions to BDCs,” he said.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2022/01/08/cbns-quarterly-forex-intervention-has-been-reduced-by-930-million/

1 Like

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by vanbonattel: 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2022
The president Swiss Bank account grin

1 Like

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by Hezzyluv: 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ok
Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by chibike69: 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
grin
Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by Tetrahedron: 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
Yinmu!

Lies from both emefi-ole and the BDC chairman, I still know of people that collects forex direct from cbn every month to sell at their own chosen price!

Corruption can NEVER be stamped out of Nigeria until Nigeria cease to exist

15 Likes

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by Wanity(m): 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tetrahedron:
Yinmu!

Lies from both emefi-ole and the BDC chairman, I still know of people that collects forex direct from cbn every month to sell at their own chosen price!

Corruption can NEVER be stamped out of Nigeria until Nigeria cease to exist

How is that the fault of the CBN

1 Like

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by htdot: 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
Since they cut off the intervention to the bank, then dey should have channel the money to the bank to ease the dollar pressure instead they will share and embezzle it.

1 Like

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by iamyemiakins(m): 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
This country is just turnioniown
Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by GodIsBiafran: 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
Why is it that when an Igbo man honors his ancestor (Amadioha), Nigerians call the Igbo man evil?. But when the Igbo man honors Jesus, Peter, John etc. (Palestinian/Jewish ancestors), the Igbo man is considered good by Nigerian christians?

Also, why is it that when a Yoruba or Bini man honors his ancestors (Ogun, Sango, Ayelaya etc), Nigerians call the Yoruba (Bini) man evil?. But when the Yoruba (Bini) man honors Jesus, Mohammed, Peter, John etc. (Palestinian/Jewish/Arab ancestors), the Yoruba (Bini) man is considered good by Nigerian christians and muslims?

I thought about this for more than a week and I came to the conclusion that the African is the most foolish human being on the planet. This is the only conclusion that makes sense. Tell me what you think.

4 Likes

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by NwaNimo1(m): 10:36pm On Jan 09, 2022

1 Like

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by BobbieZion(m): 10:36pm On Jan 09, 2022
We no dey go slow again.
It is reverse.

This government has the worst economic policies in the history of mankind,maybe next to Robert Mugabe's.

1 Like

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 09, 2022
I don't understand
Whoever understands should explain

1 Like

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by julioralph(m): 10:37pm On Jan 09, 2022
More pressure/demand for Usd, and more inflation for Ngn lipsrsealed
Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by FalseProphet1(m): 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2022
98% of Nairalanders reading this post have no idea how it concerns them.

This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by abobote: 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2022
It means the na ok naira will continue its free fall

1 Like

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2022
Oya nah, everyday everything keep dwindling. What an mpkurimiri ravaged government is this ?
Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
tolakush92:
I don't understand

It means that this mkpurumiri government has scored another own goal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by Fragility6: 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
Wanity:

How is that the fault of the CBN
Read what he said again. Comprehend then ask a more intelligent question

5 Likes

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by Wanity(m): 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2022
Fragility6:

Read what he said again. Comprehend then ask a more intelligent question

Am talking base on what you said
Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by Fragility6: 10:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
Wanity:

Did I mention you
Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by adetayoonas(m): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2022
Cbn should continue to give enough funds to SMEs as usual cos they are the foot soldiers of the economy
Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by selfemployed(m): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2022
No cause for alarm

When dAngote refinery start working every forex problem will be solved

1 naira will buy 10$
Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by GetMeRight: 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2022
tolakush92:
I don't understand

julioralph:
LESS pressure/demand for Usd, and LESS inflation for Ngn lipsrsealed

Corrected

1 Like

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by Otiv: 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2022
Psalm 14:1 = a fool says in his heart there is no God. You are probably the fool here according to the word of God. Give your life to Christ before it is too late.
GodIsBiafran:
Why is it that when an Igbo man honors his ancestor (Amadioha), Nigerians call the Igbo man evil?. But when the Igbo man honors Jesus, Peter, John etc. (Palestinian/Jewish ancestors), the Igbo man is considered good by Nigerian christians?

Also, why is it that when a Yoruba or Bini man honors his ancestors (Ogun, Sango, Ayelaya etc), Nigerians call the Yoruba (Bini) man evil?. But when the Yoruba (Bini) man honors Jesus, Mohammed, Peter, John etc. (Palestinian/Jewish/Arab ancestors), the Yoruba (Bini) man is considered good by Nigerian christians and muslims?

I thought about this for more than a week and I came to the conclusion that the African is the most foolish human being on the planet. This is the only conclusion that makes sense. Tell me what you think.

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by julioralph(m): 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2022
GetMeRight:

Corrected
Bros,

Those in charge at the Cbn are basically shilling out "nice theories" their paymasters want lipsrsealed
I'm talking about the "Practical" aspect.
Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by 36STATES: 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
That was almost $1B being given to malams every quarter for one Nigeria, while the oil producing community lay in ruins.

They have been receiving this money for more than 30 years, plus money for hajj in Macca. Just do the maths and you will see the rape being done to the southern part of this country.

Since CBN stopped given them this free money, the Naira is not worse off, it is still where it was before the policy change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by GodIsBiafran: 12:03am On Jan 10, 2022
Otiv:
[s]Psalm 14:1 = a fool says in his heart there is no God. You are probably the fool here according to the word of God. Give your life to Christ before it is too late. [/s]

I am a true African. The bible holds zero water to a true African. Carry your Palestinian/Jewish propaganda out of my mentions. Your iq is too low to recognize reality.

4 Likes

Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 10, 2022
okay
Re: CBN’s Quarterly Forex Intervention Has Been Reduced By $930 Million by wpadmin: 12:16am On Jan 10, 2022
what's the importance of BDC's in the first place?

Central bank sells dollar for probably 460 then BDC's buy from them and sell for 560.

Why are the banks not allowed to do the job of BDC's?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Noodles Distributor Needed All States. / How To Send Money From Your Gtbank Account To Another Without Internet/atm. (not / Here Is The List Of Countries Using Opay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.