Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,263 members, 7,957,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

Hair Related; How Do I Get A Short Black Fro? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hair Related; How Do I Get A Short Black Fro? (3018 Views)

How To Grow And Keep That Fro / Wondering Where To Get Clothes Fro Male Teenager / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hair Related; How Do I Get A Short Black Fro? by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 18, 2011
short black fro, i hope that's the name? short dread locks like hair like what okocha is sporting bellow.
i've grown my hair but i'm tired of just combing it and keeping it in a bop. i want it to have some attitude/swag.
what do i need to do, hair cream, conditioner etc. Please guys that keep dreads/braids do offer me a tip or two or point me in the right direction for online tips.
Peace!

Re: Hair Related; How Do I Get A Short Black Fro? by Nobody: 4:49am On Jun 18, 2011
Use natural products not those chemicalized shampoos.

My hair is natural and tends to hae those thick emphasized coils and "swag" after washing.

What kind of shampoos/ conditioner to you use? undecided
Re: Hair Related; How Do I Get A Short Black Fro? by Nobody: 5:06am On Jun 18, 2011
please im a newbie. recommend, give me names. more detailed info. please.

i use hair fruits shampoo by gentelle by the way. no conditioner as at yet
and i use morgan hair cream.
Re: Hair Related; How Do I Get A Short Black Fro? by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 18, 2011
trae_z:

please im a newbie. recommend, give me names. more detailed info. please.

i use hair fruits shampoo by gentelle by the way. no conditioner as at yet
and i use morgan hair cream.

Is there any way you can get this materials in your area? :

Castile soap
Aloe vera
Vegetable glycerine
honey
avocado

Those are the natural ingredients that really emphasize the beauty of natural air. Those store shampoos are made for Caucasoid hair. Being a guy, I know that you want a quick remedy. But. . . .
Re: Hair Related; How Do I Get A Short Black Fro? by Jiah011(f): 7:58am On Jun 18, 2011
I like to use raw black soap (not dudu osun type, but the real, raw kind) to wash my hair. As for conditioner (typically anything that makes my hair soft is the one I use). Try out the stuff that works best for your hair, doesn't have to be expensive. Then you need a good moisturizer to keep your hair healthy and from breaking. Try Shea butter or olive oil and any good cream-based moisturizer. I'm not really familiar with the products there in naija. Anyway, once you have washed, conditioned your hair, and added your moisturizer, take a very soft bristled brush (if it's not soft, it could break your hair) and rub you hair in circular motion, like you are drawing O's all over your head. This will make coils form all over. Depending on how long you rub you hair, you can have the coils really tight or kinda loose like Okocha's. Then use your fingers to shape it and make it how you want it to look. Perhaps a barber can clean up the edges. I'm not sure how long your hair is but you could comb your hair every once in a while to detangle, and then use the brush to make the coily style. Any length longer than his hair, and this method may not work as well. This style will last a while! Okocha is wearing a coiled style, not locs by the way.

Here is a video on how a girl did hers (but men can too, obviously):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6peuHWPPhFA . It's very easy!

Let me know how it goes for you!

1 Like

Re: Hair Related; How Do I Get A Short Black Fro? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2011
Jiah011 you too much jo, thanks a million. will get back to u ASAP.

Ileke-IdI thanks as well for the tips
Re: Hair Related; How Do I Get A Short Black Fro? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2011
ok i think the style is called TWA (Teeny Weeny Afro): A small Afro about 1/2 – 1 inch of hair in length, typically in reference to the first stage after the Big Chop (BC). This is for everyone who is thinking about going natural and maybe in the process of transitioning from relaxed to natural. This is the first step to wearing your natural curls.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8141956_twa-styling-options.html

TWA Styling Options
X Melissa BarnesBased in Chicago, Illinois, Melissa Barnes embarked on her freelance writing career in 2010. She holds a Bachelors Degree in family and child studies and a Master of Public Administration from Northern Illinois University.
By Melissa Barnes, eHow Contributor updated April 01, 2011

?
. A TWA can be very stylish and chic, a la Solange Knowles. The teeny weeny afro ,affectionately known as the TWA, is a natural hair style mostly donned by black women. As more and more black women embrace their natural hair, they are opting to cut their hair into a TWA in an effort to rid themselves of chemically relaxed hair. Your options are limited with this short-cropped 'do, but there are a few styles and techniques to use for a stylish and chic TWA.

Wash and Go
Wash and gos are an easy go-to styles for many women with TWAs. Simply wash and condition your hair as usual. After conditioning, apply a leave-in conditioner of your choice and style your hair with your hands or with a pick to get your desired shape. For more defined coils and curls, you can take it a step further by using styling products such as moisturizer, curl activator and/or gel after you apply the conditioner.

Twists and twist-outs
To achieve twists, you'll need to divide the hair into two to four workable sections. Apply styling product such as moisturizer or shea butter to each section. Divide the hair into 1/2-inch to 1-inch sections. Comb through to remove tangles. Split that section into two parts and begin twisting the hair. Twisting is much like braiding the hair. However, instead of using three sections, you're using two. Continue twisting the hair until the whole head is complete. Some people choose to wear the twists as a style and others prefer to wear a twist-out. To achieve a twist-out, allow the hair to set in the twists overnight. The following day, you can separate the twists, fluff and style as desired.

Finger Coils
With finger coils, you'll prep your hair the same way as with the twist-out. Divide the hair into workable sections and apply product as necessary. Further divide into 1/2-inch sections and comb through to remove tangles. Before coiling the hair, you may want to add gel or a holding product of your choice to help smooth and set the coils. Once you apply the product, twist the hair around your index finger until it forms a coil. Neatly continue coiling the hair until the entire head is complete.

Read more: TWA Styling Options | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8141956_twa-styling-options.html#ixzz1Pe2zOqc1
Re: Hair Related; How Do I Get A Short Black Fro? by Jiah011(f): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ trae z: Glad to be of assistance! I've been natural for over two years, so I know quite a bit about natural hair smiley. I had a TWA, which is just the stage when your hair is growing out, for a while. I also wore Okocha's style too.
Re: Hair Related; How Do I Get A Short Black Fro? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
i love mini fros.
they look sooo good men.

and some sisters i have seen
rocking them are just gorgeous. smiley

Natural is the WAY!!

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Mannequin At A Giveaway Price / What Kind Of Dressing Is This? You Wear A Wig As A Dress In Public? / Flawless make-up..cute huh?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.