Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working (1065 Views)

Toyota Corrolla For Urgent Disposal / Selling My Toyota Corrolla To Buy A LEXUS ES330, Price And Mantianance? / See The 2020 Toyota Corrolla (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by Promxy94(m): 7:58am On Jan 11, 2022
Hello All

The car is a Toyota corrolla 2004 and i noticed non of my windows will either wind down or up both from the driver side control and from their individual door controls. Meaning that it's a compulsory use of ac.

I have called the electrician thinking it's electrical and he has checked everything and can't detect the anything even after loosing the door handle.

But my central lock button work very well.

Please any suggestions on how to fix this...
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by Patented: 8:14am On Jan 11, 2022
did he check the fuses and relays.?
Promxy94:
Hello All

The car is a Toyota corrolla 2004 and i noticed non of my windows will either wind down or up both from the driver side control and from their individual door controls. Meaning that it's a compulsory use of ac.

I have called the electrician thinking it's electrical and he has checked everything and can't detect the anything even after loosing the door handle.

Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by Promxy94(m): 8:24am On Jan 11, 2022
Patented:
did he check the fuses and relays.?

Yes sir he said he did.
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by Dododawa01: 9:02am On Jan 11, 2022
Promxy94:
Hello All

Pls take it to your panel and he will test each door winding up/down engine if its working or not. Panel will help u find solution to it

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by Frankwest77(m): 9:07am On Jan 11, 2022
Take it to a panel beater, they are sure to fix it
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by autologic: 9:47am On Jan 11, 2022
I
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by autologic: 9:50am On Jan 11, 2022
It is logical to think that along this thought process that all the individual 4 windows mechanical mechanism :motors,glass ,winders etc cannot all be down at the same time so the issue cannot be panel- related but still electrical cos it still electrical circuits that all the 4 windows shares .
So the issue is still a very simple one but it your electrician is unable to connect the dots

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by 9icetoo(m): 11:09am On Jan 11, 2022
Promxy94:

Yes sir he said he did.
Is there 12v power to the wiring to the button on the driver's side? If no, then the harness from the door has a break somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by Promxy94(m): 12:41pm On Jan 11, 2022
Thanks all for your contributions...

Tomorrow i will call an electrician to check all you have said.

Regards
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by autologic: 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2022
Promxy94:
Thanks all for your contributions...

Tomorrow i will call an electrician to check all you have said.

Regards
If I am less busy I can check tru the wiring diagram and give u the likely culprit that can shut down all the windows
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by Promxy94(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2022
autologic:

If I am less busy I can check tru the wiring diagram and give u the likely culprit that can shut down all the windows

Ok sir thanks sir
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by Promxy94(m): 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
Thanks everyone for all your response, the issue has been fixed, The electrician loosed the drivers door control and said he was going to give it to someone to program or work on, and when he returned, and fixed it back all windows started working.

Am grateful for all your responses....

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by diportivo: 7:49am On Jan 13, 2022
the scam is complete embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by 9icetoo(m): 10:12am On Jan 13, 2022
diportivo:

Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by eherbal(m): 11:35am On Jan 13, 2022
diportivo:
humbly scammed. grin. The 'professionalism' no be hia. Op take style mumu small. Google is free of charge grin
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by eherbal(m): 11:43am On Jan 13, 2022
Promxy94:
Thanks everyone for all your response, the issue has been fixed, The electrician loosed the drivers door control and said he was going to give it to someone to program or work on, and when he returned, and fixed it back all windows started working.

Am grateful for all your responses....
how much did you pay for the programming op? I want to check something grin
Next before calling any rewire or mechanic,google the problem. This helps give you an idea of possible causes of your vehicle faults. You can even narrow it down and call the necessary authorities grin. Since you're now empowered with the knowledge of the problem, just point them to it. If they know you have an idea of the problem, they won't play on your intelligence like your 'programming' rewire.
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by Kingdemu: 11:50am On Jan 13, 2022
diportivo:
grin grin
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by Promxy94(m): 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2022
eherbal:
how much did you pay for the programming op? I want to check something grin
Next before calling any rewire or mechanic,google the problem. This helps give you an idea of possible causes of your vehicle faults. You can even narrow it down and call the necessary authorities grin. Since you're now empowered with the knowledge of the problem, just point them to it. If they know you have an idea of the problem, they won't play on your intelligence like your 'programming' rewire.

Thanks he collected 4k for it
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by Promxy94(m): 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2022
The issue has resurfaced again after two days, till now they have checked the fused, traced current and even tired.... It will work and stop currently the windows are not working.

The windows are not working, non at all....

Car wahala eeh...
Re: Toyota Corrolla Power Windows Not Working by diportivo: 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
another scam loading cry

(1) (Reply)

2005 Toyota Corolla @2.1m -slightly Negotiable / The Top 10 Most Fuel-efficient Used Cars On The Market In 2023 / Best Coolant Available In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.