Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food (1293 Views)

A Mother Referred Her 16 Years Old Daughter To The Family Planning Clinic / My 14-Year-Old Daughter Was Caught In Hotel With Boys, Smoking, Drinking / Dad Catches 12-Year-Old Daughter Having Sex, Beats Her Mercilessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Solosolojohquay: 11:37am On Jan 11, 2022
I thought she will overgrown it when she see onion in her foods she will pick all the onion one by one before she started eating that's when she is small now if she see onion in her foods she will reject the foods and went on hunger strike ,she will not eat fried rice because of all the green beans e.t.c instead she will prefer jollof rice that the onions is not visible or she will hand pick eat am afraid of what might happen if she travel out will she be on one diet through out
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by OkuFaba(m): 11:50am On Jan 11, 2022
Blend the onion, that way she can't select it out

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by enochogaga(m): 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2022
Maybe she allergic to the smell of the onion, don't force her, have seen my elder bro son still acting like that too.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Beremx(f): 12:19pm On Jan 11, 2022
I used to have a friend back in our university days who picks out onions when eating. She’s married to a rich man now and she still doesn’t cook with onions.

Op, always blend your onions. That’s the solution

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Solosolojohquay: 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2022
smiley So she might continue like this to adulthood even when married what type of bad habit is that she doesn't even eat salad did your friends select food too
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by CondemnBattery(f): 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2022
Solosolojohquay:
I thought she will overgrown it when she see onion in her foods she will pick all the onion one by one before she started eating that's when she is small now if she see onion in her foods she will reject the foods and went on hunger strike ,she will not eat fried rice because of all the green beans e.t.c instead she will prefer jollof rice that the onions is not visible or she will hand pick eat am afraid of what might happen if she travel out will she be on one diet through out

Very simple.
Blend the onions with the other ingredients like pepper and tomatoes.

I'm facing similar issues. I have twin boys. 3+yrs. One eats onion and loves salad, the second boy don't want to even see onion inside his food otherwise he will reject the food.
Even shawarma he won't eat cos of the veggies.

I had to advise my wife to always blend the onion and other stuffs with the pepper, also you can give the equivalent of such nutrient in other meals that she loves.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Solosolojohquay: 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2022
[quote author=CondemnBattery post=109274043]

Very simple.
Blend the onions with the other ingredients like pepper and tomatoes.

[/qBut uote]
But we can't be blending onions because of only her alone her mother ,I and ,little brother love seeing onions in our foods like jollof rice or pepper and tomato stew with onion or when we made scrabble egg so do we have to bend the rules because of her
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by CondemnBattery(f): 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2022
[quote author=Solosolojohquay post=109274189][/quote]

Yes, the rules can change for anyone.
However,, you have the option of cooking her foods separately.

Lastly, you can let her be picking out her onions from her food.
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Automolite: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2022
For now, Just blend the onions or process the food in such a way that the onion will not be too visible.
What is important is that she gets the nutritional value of onions.
She will eventually outgrow it. I just started eating onions in any form a few years back, and I'm not under 20 wink..Even now sef, if the onion is too big, I will leave it on the plate for u.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Mariangeles(f): 2:35pm On Jan 11, 2022
Solosolojohquay:
smiley So she might continue like this to adulthood even when married what type of bad habit is that she doesn't even eat salad did your friends select food too

Why does it bother you so much?
It is not even as if eating onions is a necessity of life.

If it matters so much to you that she eats onion, then just blend the onion whenever you cook. It is even more flavourful when blended. As long as she doesn't hate the flavour.

My sister picks out onions from her food too, so your daughter is not weird.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Sterope(f): 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2022
How is it a bad habit to not like a kind of food? I used to eat onions, started disliking and I might have started eating again. However, the punishments and beating strengthened my resolve. Till date, It is a chore eating food with onions and I rarely touch food with onions in it.
I became overly sensitive to its taste and texture.

Leave her be. She might outgrow it ot not. There is a particular food other people don't like, onion is no different.

Solosolojohquay:
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Uyi168: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2022
I don't eat onion. I hate both the smell and taste.
I pick them out from my food.
nothing weird there.
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2022
Same way I don't eat crayfish am allergic to it....it's nomal

Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2022
Solosolojohquay:
Na she dey feed herself with her own money abi na you? undecided

Blend onion into the meals and if she doesn't want to eat, she can go buy her own food and feed herself. grin
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2022
michael77777:
Same way I don't eat crayfish am allergic to it....it's nomal
An Allergy is a medical condition. undecided
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
An Allergy is a medical condition. undecided
??
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2022
michael77777:
??
Not liking onions is not a medical condition. undecided
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Chomsky1967(f): 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2022
Wait o, are we talking about a toddler or a 16year old? Come on man! This is a non issue abeg.
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2022
Solosolojohquay:
Please let her be, I was once like that, I hated onions and veggies as a kid but I outgrew it in my twenties but with a condition. The onions had to be diced in a tiny pieces. Now without anyone telling me I add onions to my food. My younger sisters and friend who are in their early, mid and late twenties still hate onions till this day. I as an adult till this day hates beans. Just leave her be, she is not a toddler, she will change or live without eating onions which doesn't have any medical implications.
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2022
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2022
One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot.

Damn.. Nasty.. I'm Outta here sad
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by greenie77: 4:32pm On Jan 11, 2022
She is alliumphobic, so don't force it and yes there are so many meals that don't involve onions!
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by stevebond007(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2022
I still don't like onions been visible.
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Saintmary(f): 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
Solosolojohquay:

I still pick out onions till today, if it's not sauteed.

You have two options:

1. Add your onions earlier in cooking or sautee it.

2. Cook your own way and leave her with her picking until she can control her diet.

All children cannot be the same.

Don't make a separate pot of food for her, that's not good for her in the long run.
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Kyra1(f): 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2022
Blend it. If she still doesn't like it. Then you guys would have to keep cooking hers separately so she can eat. My brother doesn't like onions in his food as well. But he doesnt go on Hunger strike. He prepares his own food.
Or you can let her know the importance of onion to her body. It gives good vision, helps in improving heart health, contributes to healthy bones etc.
Maybe she will change her mind.
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Richy4(m): 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2022
If u want onion in your food, maybe u can blend it... I have never done or seen anyone around me blend onion before though... But if U think onion is so important maybe u can try it...

A picky 16yr old is old enough to do fasting if he/ she doesn't want to eat... It's not a big deal... Skipping dinner or lunch does not hurt much...
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by nnekaike(f): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2022
My hubby and daughter don't eat onions,I blend it or cook without it.
My daughter does not eat any sort of protein (beef,fish,egg,chicken, turkey,crayfish,dryfish)
Moi-moi,akara is a NO.
But her BEST food is Beans and plantain.

When you say a person is weird,my daughter is the president.

Just leave her alone,so far she is healthy.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Solosolojohquay: 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2022
My daughter does not eat any sort of protein (beef,fish,egg,chicken, turkey,crayfish,dryfish)
Moi-moi,akara is a NO.

How old is your daughter
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2022
Some people don't just like it. And you can't change that. There's this room mate I 1ns had. Whenever I cook with onion he picks everything all out. And whenever he cooks he doesn't even use onion.

Me way like onion especially raw one on my suya, rice and beans, and yam porrage and fish grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by Richy4(m): 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2022
Solosolojohquay:
Moi-moi,akara is a NO.

How old is your daughter

What a picky family u got there...Not in my house..If u don't want to eat, we will cook the same dish the next day with different 'melody and song' (meaning if they don't like fried turkey, we boil it but it must be turkey)..We do it again and again until they can tolerate it... I love kids a lot but I don't spoil them...
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by nnekaike(f): 10:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
Richy4:

What a picky family u got there...Not in my house..If u don't want to eat, we will cook the same dish the next day with different 'melody and song' (meaning if they don't like fried turkey, we boil it but it must be turkey)..We do it again and again until they can tolerate it... I love kids a lot but I don't spoil them...
I have tried this on my daughter,prayed about it,sent her on holidays to her grandparents,uncle's place and its still same.

I have taken her to see a pediatrician,and was to told to blend the proteins.My daughter vomited and feel very sick after eating that meal.

If feel some people are created that way,just leave them like that.
Re: How Do I Make My 16years Old Daughter To Be Taking Onion In Food by nnekaike(f): 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2022
Solosolojohquay:
Moi-moi,akara is a NO.

How old is your daughter
she is 4,I have hopes she will change as she gets older,if not I leave her like that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Story Of N1,000 / Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? / Re: She Is Contrary To My Wish: Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.