Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over (5194 Views)

Examination Is A True Test Of One's Ability / FUPRE 2012/2013 Post-ume Examination Is Out / Registration For Neco G.c.e (external)examination Is About To Commerce Hurry Up Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Natasha2(f): 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2011
Hmm the great relief I feel cannot be measured finally this exam is over and now I can rest a little  cheesy Waking up this morning getting ready to go to my centre and still doing some last minute reading I was confident on what I would do, leaving the house and seeing everyone wishing me well and getting a hug from my mum and her saying everything is well, I knew everything was well indeed and my mind was at peace , on my way I still did ''last minute reading'' in the taxi.

finally I got to the centre and saw my good friend, after been screened we were asked to pay a thousand naira to get into the hall after protesting it was reduced to 500 box although my dad had given 3500 Naira because of all this their wahala I paid and went into the hall patiently waiting for the papers, suddenly all my confidence left me I was afraid of so many things tears started streaming down my eyes uncontrolably I was crying in my exam hall  grin I couldn't contain all the fear so I walked to the invigilator and told him I was afraid he smiled and looked intensely in my eyes and gave me so much words of encouragement, I went back to sit and wiped my tears , I started getting my confidence back, I didn't even fell emabarrased as everyone was looking at me '' duh it wasn't my concern'' grin grin

We were then asked to pay 2000 for runs  shocked and as usal they protested and the money was reduced to 1000 people hurridly paid and when it came to my turn I told the invigilator I don't have money to pay  grin and  so did my seat mate gosh she was the best sea mate ever  kiss kiss The paers finally came and I started attempting them gosh I couldn't believe it I started up with CRS and it was extra simple it even became annoying but I was happy  cheesy , the first invigilator who gave me words of encouragement came to my seat and was shocked that I had started  shocked shocked shocked shocked ''why didn't you wait for me to call the answers?'' smiling at him I said '''don't worry sir I know what I'm doing'' he smiled back and was impressed greatly in all the exam was good and I am happy

what I find hard to believe is that at the end of the day no runs came  grin grin grin chai you needed to see people who had done NOTHING out of the 300 questions  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked and it was already 10 mins to submission and i was like ''jeez are you that dull'' in my mind  wink at the end they asked for their money to be  refunded which was impossible  thought some people still got answers via cells. I was happy after the exam and even happier that my friend wrote well too  I wasn't scared for her cos I knew she was also very intelligent. But many were sad cause they still had a lot of unanswered question  cry cry

so how was yours?  cheesy
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by ragdollz: 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2011
huh I saw some of the questions on English Language and was like, wtf?? Folks have scanned it online on some forums so we can help them "mark" and see which they got wrong. Who sets these questions anyway?? I mean how can a 16-18 yr old and above know the meaning of such words as astute, exacerbate etc?? Dumb examiners!!
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Natasha2(f): 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2011
i don't get are they going to give the right answers there? if so can you please post the link so I can go there and for the astute lmao I didn't know the meaning too grin but I definitely knew exacerbate cheesy someone told me that the answers had already leaked on a net before the exam
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by ragdollz: 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2011
Natasha,,:

i don't get are they going to give the right answers there? if so can you please post the link so I can go there and for the astute lmao I didn't know the meaning too grin but I definitely knew exacerbate cheesy someone told me that the answers had already leaked on a net before the exam

It's a facebook forum/page, will post the addy if allowed. The user wanted us to view her circled answers on her Jamb question papers grin grin grin. But seriously those passages were terrible *from Independent Newspaper* etc. Una dey try oooh grin grin grin
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by tollu: 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2011
Interesting!

Good thing you didn't wait for the answers to be called the Natasha, your enemy for don fail anyhow.
Neways wish you all the best.
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Natasha2(f): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2011
lolz you are right I loved the Third comprehension passage though, they all need so much reasoning, its very easy to fail them
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Natasha2(f): 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2011
tollu:

Interesting!

Good thing you didn't wait for the answers to be called the Natasha, your enemy for don fail anyhow.
Neways wish you all the best.
Thanks a lot Tollu smiley
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2011
9ce guys. I wish u all best of result and better admission into ur desered institutions and course. For no more UTME JAMB. but preparing for NYSC.
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by ASANIGBO(m): 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2011
May God help all that wrote the exam this year to pass well (AMEN)
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Natasha2(f): 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2011
usuf.saeed:

9ce guys. I wish u all best of result and better admission into your desered institutions and course. For no more UTME JAMB. but preparing for NYSC.
ASANIGBO:

May God help all that wrote the exam this year to pass well (AMEN)
thanks you guys and AMEN to your prayers cheesy
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Serendipity: 12:01am On Jun 19, 2011
Natasha,,:

Hmm the great relief I feel cannot be measured finally this exam is over and now I can rest a little cheesy Waking up this morning getting ready to go to my centre and still doing some last minute reading I was confident on what I would do, leaving the house and seeing everyone wishing me well and getting a hug from my mum and her saying everything is well, I knew everything was well indeed and my mind was at peace , on my way I still did ''last minute reading'' in the taxi.

finally I got to the centre and saw my good friend, after been screened we were asked to pay a thousand naira to get into the hall after protesting it was reduced to 500 box although my dad had given 3500 Naira because of all this their wahala I paid and went into the hall patiently waiting for the papers, suddenly all my confidence left me I was afraid of so many things tears started streaming down my eyes uncontrolably I was crying in my exam hall grin I couldn't contain all the fear so I walked to the invigilator and told him I was afraid he smiled and looked intensely in my eyes and gave me so much words of encouragement, I went back to sit and wiped my tears , I started getting my confidence back, I didn't even fell emabarrased as everyone was looking at me '' duh it wasn't my concern'' grin grin

We were then asked to pay 2000 for runs shocked and as usal they protested and the money was reduced to 1000 people hurridly paid and when it came to my turn I told the invigilator I don't have money to pay grin and so did my seat mate gosh she was the best sea mate ever kiss kiss The paers finally came and I started attempting them gosh I couldn't believe it I started up with CRS and it was extra simple it even became annoying but I was happy cheesy , the first invigilator who gave me words of encouragement came to my seat and was shocked that I had started shocked shocked shocked shocked ''why didn't you wait for me to call the answers?'' smiling at him I said '''don't worry sir I know what I'm doing'' he smiled back and was impressed greatly in all the exam was good and I am happy

what I find hard to believe is that at the end of the day no runs came grin grin grin chai you needed to see people who had done NOTHING out of the 300 questions shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked and it was already 10 mins to submission and i was like ''jeez are you that dull'' in my mind wink at the end they asked for their money to be refunded which was impossible thought some people still got answers via cells. I was happy after the exam and even happier that my friend wrote well too I wasn't scared for her cos I knew she was also very intelligent. But many were sad cause they still had a lot of unanswered question cry cry

so how was yours? cheesy

@NATASHA, I don't completely believe you. How could you tell me

that you were asked to pay before entering hall. Which state is that?

that the invigilator inquired why you were writing when he had not started calling the answers. Atleast which of the paper type answers would he have called.
And even if he had called one, would you all in the hall/class have answered the same paper type though it seems practicable.
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Odunharry(m): 11:06am On Jun 19, 2011
@ natasha masquarade dy d exam hall?y u dy cry?lol.
@ all who wrote d exams what you guys need is prayer and a li2 effort. I said li2 effort cos it is insane 4 one to pass utme with high score only to flop in post utme, you nid serious prayers,some wil pass both yet they wont secure admission as i have said , u guys need to pray and 1 truth post utme is easier than utme itself.
I pray for you all by ths time next year you will all be in higher institution.
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Rooneyboy(m): 11:51am On Jun 19, 2011
congratulations to all of u that wrote and wrote well, keep ur fingers crossed and pray ur results wld be fantastic (heard the results wld be coming out b4 friday this week)
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Natasha2(f): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2011
Serendipity:

@NATASHA, I don't completely believe you. How could you tell me

that you were asked to pay before entering hall. Which state is that?

that the invigilator inquired why you were writing when he had not started calling the answers. Atleast which of the paper type answers would he have called.
And even if he had called one, would you all in the hall/class have answered the same paper type though it seems practicable.
I wrote in Bayelsa state and yes I had to pay #500 as a gate pass before entering into the hall last year I paid #1000 before entering into the centre and that was after so much protesting as we were asked to pay #2000 initially, well the paper I was answering like I said was CRk and CRK had no type.
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Natasha2(f): 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2011
Odunharry:

@ natasha masquarade dy d exam hall?y u dy cry?lol.
@ al who wrote d exams wat u guys nid is prayer n a li2 effort. I said li2 effort cs it s insane 4 one to pass utme with high score only to flop in post utme ,u nid serious prayers,some wil pass both stil yet they wnt secure admission as i v said u guys nid to pray and 1 truth post utme is easier than utme itself.
I pray for u al by ths time next year u l al be in higher institution.
lolz I was scared initially,
thanks and AMEN to your prayers kiss

Rooneyboy:

congratulations to all of u that wrote and wrote well, keep your fingers crossed and pray your results wld be fantastic (heard the results wld be coming out b4 friday this week)
thank you cheesy
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Odunharry(m): 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2011
@ natasha lolz.
Whch institution did u choose?n i hope u know how things are been done there?u on facebook?
@ al i wil try n gve u sme info abt admisn proces of some uni i knw.
U can add * com on fbuk
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Odunharry(m): 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2011
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by jerk: 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2011
So na only jambite and high school children dominate ths forum,no wonder u see them online each minute of d day dey talk nonsense for here. Nw i see
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Natasha2(f): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2011
Odunharry:

@ natasha lolz.
Whch institution did u choose?n i hope u knw hw thngs ar bn done there?u on fbuk?add harryexcel@rocketmail.com.
@ al i wil try n gve u sme info abt admisn proces of some uni i knw.
U can add harryexcel@rocketmail.com on fbuk
okay

@jamb score why did you do this on my thread? was one post not enough? undecided
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Natasha2(f): 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2011
jerk:

So na only jambite and high school children dominate ths forum,no wonder u see them online each minute of d day dey talk nonsense for here. Nw i see
are you reasoning at all? how can you say jambites dominate this forum? undecided of over 700,000 people? how many people replied this thread? how many of them wrote the jamb? undecided
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by HASHAJU(m): 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2011
@Natash, y did u ppl lyk 2 blackmail dis country, @ list evri  where was peace n d exams goes well. There was no place dat all dis tins happen, so place stop all this rubish and contribute 2 d gud been of d country.

1 Like

Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by jerk: 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2011
Natasha,,:

are you reasoning at all? how can you say jambites dominate this forum? undecided of over 700,000 people? how many people replied this thread? how many of them wrote the jamb? undecided
no,am nt reasoning at all bt try to face ur studies ths time around.
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Pennywise(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2011
Sth I heard happened at one of the centers yesterday:

A 12yr old whiz kid/genius was there to take the exam. When he was given his question paper, to everyone's amazement and in a barely concealed tone he shouts at his mum waiting outside "mum, mum where is the cell phone"?!! grin grin

Please note that this is not a joke.
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by chamber2(m): 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2011
getting a hug from my mum and her saying everything is well, I knew everything was well indeed and my mind was at peace , on my way I still did ''last minute reading'' in the taxi.

Lucky you, during my time i went to the centre with molue and got stressed out even before the exam grin.That was 2002.The funny part was that the result was withheld at the end of the day.I was really depressed, after preparing for whole one year.I even wrote an article(which was never published) stating that jamb be scraped after the experience.The next year i decided not to prepare and got a little above average score and ended up not gaining admission into the university of my choice. Flashing back, I can still feel what an average prospective Nigerian university student passes through in order to be admitted in various higher institutions, ranging from the stress of buying the form to submission, preparation(lessons and all that), extortion from invigilators and the risk of travelling to the exam venue.

Paying 1k for seat and all that without adjusting for inflation is still good(i wonder y those criminal invigilators have not changed) grin.We also paid about 500-1k then just to be admitted into the exam halls, and for someone from a humble home it was a huge sum, having struggled to register for the exam. Trekking from Orile in Lagos to jamb office in Ikoyi to purchase jamb form was the most excruciating experience of my life.Now all those things are gone and i am happy now.

I wish all of you who wrote the last jamb well, this is just the beginning.The university has lot more surprises in stock for you than paying 1k or so for a seat.But your determination and resilience will see your through those huddles.Do not blame anyone for your success or otherwise at the university level, see yourself as the centrepiece of the entire learning process and what you give is what you get.I have friends today who still blame the university for not ''giving'' them 2.1 and 1st class.This is rather outlandish.An average university has vast amounts of resources that will go a long way in satisfying your intellectual curiosity, try to use them as much as you can.I wish i had used all grin

My greatest mistake during my time was to have a girl friend or maybe girl friends in my class, it really affected my concentration and performance.I always wish i had done better than what i did then.Hey, you cannot change the hand of the clock.Use your time wisely.

Just sharing old time memories kiss kiss
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by dahdah: 4:30pm On Jun 19, 2011
wen will be result be out?
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Oscillation(m): 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2011
Natash what propel you to pay entrance fee, who could have imagine that. I was at my alma matta my teachers cherish seeing me because i left my legacy there as the best student. Suspecting me is beyond scope and i was accredited without hitches. The comprehension i must say is startling but other sections of english is not a test for me and id prefer 300 english questions to combine 250 questions overall wink wink
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by MMM2(m): 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2011
i used bic 2 shade my jamb?
hope i will pass
it waz in a bush in 1 villaangry
Re: Finally The JAMB Examination Is Over by Rooneyboy(m): 6:20pm On Jun 19, 2011
@dahdah the results wld be coming out on or bfore 24th of this month, that is friday or b4 friday, and pls dont pay any money to anybody promising u for upgrading. There's no such thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Academic Advice Pls Check In / University Student Makes A Sex Tape With Female Professor After Graduation Video / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.