Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:09 AM

Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? (1020 Views)

Good Evening Sir/ma / Good Evening Friends: Pls Na By Force To Greet Person? / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Kimiso(m): 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2022
Since when I was in 10years up till now that I just clocked 22years,...I don't know how to hold a conversation with anybody friends,families,...outside and especially girls and this is really giving me some worries,...I just smiles at so many people talking with me,...even on whatsapp,... facebook ,...I.want to know if everybody is also facing this kind.of situation and how.did you overcome it
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Mcxtraglitz: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
Are you talking about small talk cause most intoverts don't find that comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by ETIIKO: 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2022
The truth of the matter is it's from your upbringing and the environment you were brought up from.
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
Okay.
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by dollytino4real(f): 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2022
u need to free ur mind of rejection, rejection is wat is scarring u from people
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2022
Mcxtraglitz:
Are you talking about small talk cause most intoverts don't find that comfortable.
This has absolutely nothing to do with being an introvert abeg! undecided

An introvert has no problem communication wise, nor does an introvert struggle with such issues as shyness, low self-esteem, social anxiety etc. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Jan 13, 2022
Kimiso:
Since when I was in 10years up till now that I just clocked 22years,...I don't know how to hold a conversation with anybody friends,families,...outside and especially girls and this is really giving me some worries,...I just smiles at so many people talking with me,...even on whatsapp,... facebook ,...I.want to know if everybody is also facing this kind.of situation and how.did you overcome it
Op, you can benefit from seeing a mental Health counselor for help with what you describe here. undecided

Either that, or you can maybe train yourself to overcome whatever you anxieties are as well as openly and confidently communicating your ideas and opinions with others regardless or gender. undecided
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by bahdpersona(m): 12:14am On Jan 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:

An introvert has no problem communication wise, nor does an introvert struggle with such issues as shyness, low self-esteem, social anxiety etc. undecided
Then who's an introvert?

4 Likes

Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On Jan 14, 2022
bahdpersona:
Then who's an introvert?

What it means to be an introvert

Folks on the introverted end of the spectrum sometimes get a bad rap.

It’s often said that they’re:
shy or socially awkward
lack strong interpersonal skills
don’t make good leaders

But these characteristics don’t really have anything to do with introversion, which simply means your energy comes from within — instead of from people and things around you.

You consider things carefully
When faced with a new opportunity, or any big decision, you probably spend a good amount of time thinking it over before you make any plans to proceed.
People with a more action-oriented approach may not always understand why you devote so much time to reflection, but this tendency to look before you leap may help you feel confident you’re making the right choice for yourself.

You prefer to avoid conflict
Generally speaking, introverted people are less likely to strike up conversations with people they don’t know well, or even with people they do know well.

This can relate to a preference for internal dialogue and reflection. But a dislike of conflict can also play a part.

Research suggests introverts often have a higher sensitivity to negative feedback. If you’re worried someone might criticize you or view you in a bad light, you won’t have much interest to put yourself in any situation that leads to that outcome.

If you do join a debate or discussion, you might be more likely to share your ideas in written form, anonymously, or both. Responding in writing gives you the chance to think over what you want to say first, which is probably what feels most comfortable to you.

You’re good at visualizing and creating
People on the more introverted end of the spectrum often spend a lot of time in their heads. Your friends and loved ones might say you’re always off in your own world, or something along those lines.

But that world is where you do your best work. You might think through challenges or use your imagination to brainstorm new ideas.

Sharing those thoughts and feelings out loud may not come easily to you, but it might seem completely natural to write, illustrate, or set them to music.

You’re a natural listener
If you’re introverted, socializing can drain your natural energy reserves, so you prefer to listen and absorb what’s happening around you.

When at work, among friends, or in other social settings, you usually settle comfortably into the background.

The myth that introverts are shy or socially anxious stems from this natural tendency to quietly observe.

Sure, you might avoid small talk, prefer to let the noise of the crowd wash over you, or feel better when you can tune everyone out with headphones. But you also listen and weigh ideas carefully, and when asked for your opinion, you often have quality ideas to contribute....

https://www.healthline.com/health/extrovert-vs-introvert#introvert-signs

1 Like

Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by bigjackass: 7:56am On Jan 14, 2022
If you re rich you can get away with anything
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Kimiso(m): 10:05am On Jan 14, 2022
bigjackass:
If you re rich you can get away with anything
That is one of my problem
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Mcxtraglitz: 10:55am On Jan 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:

If your talking about small talk making introverts uncomfortable not be true. It's your opinion. But I really think it does. An introvert has no communication issues but all of things you mentioned that introverts don't struggle with, I never mentioned. I'm an introvert and I'll probably bslme myself for writing this long later but then I'm not shy, I don't have low self esteem not do I have an aversion to social themes.
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2022
Mcxtraglitz:
If your talking about small talk making introverts uncomfortable not be true. It's your opinion. But I really think it does. An introvert has no communication issues but all of things you mentioned that introverts don't struggle with, I never mentioned. I'm an introvert and I'll probably bslme myself for writing this long later but then I'm not shy, I don't have low self esteem not do I have an aversion to social themes.
There is no such thing as "small talk making" introverts, and what I stated isn't opinion by psychology of introverts. undecided

Introvertedness is not a mental illness but a personality trait. Your being shy is not because you are an introvert as you claim but because of mental issues(anxieties maybe) you are yet to tackle. undecided

I am also introverted..I used to be shy but not anymore. This because I have taken time to deal with mental issues that kept me shy. And so now I am just an introvert. Get it? undecided
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Mariangeles(f): 5:25pm On Jan 14, 2022
Kimiso:
That is one of my problem

Did you not play with other children while growing up?
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Kimiso(m): 11:11pm On Jan 14, 2022
Mariangeles:

Did you not play with other children while growing up?
Not really much
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by anthonyuncle(m): 1:58am On Jan 15, 2022
join reasonable groups
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Kimiso(m): 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2022
anthonyuncle:
join reasonable groups
how can i join
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by anthonyuncle(m): 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2022
Kimiso:
how can i join

check your church/mosque,

check volunteer groups,

register in a gym,

etc
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Op, you can benefit from seeing a mental Health counselor for help with what you describe here. undecided

Either that, or you can maybe train yourself to overcome whatever you anxieties are as well as openly and confidently communicating your ideas and opinions with others regardless or gender. undecided
An introvert is someone who's only extroverted around people or situations that gives him peace of mind.Tbh this should've been a more appropriate definition, considering how most people have the tendency to drive you nuts
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Karleb(m): 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2022
Senomi:

An introvert is someone who's only extroverted around people or situations that gives him peace of mind.Tbh this should've been a more appropriate definition, considering how most people have the tendency to drive you nuts

You people have come again. Peace of mind as how?

So you think other 'verts wait for peace of mind before talking?

@OP your issue is, you don't have much interest. If you know about a lot, you will have something to say.

So get involved with latest trends in your environment.
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2022
Senomi:

This isn't a problem of introvertedness vs extrovertedness. What the OP describes reads more like a developmental issue or mental problem. undecided
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Mcxtraglitz: 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as "small talk making" introverts, and what I stated isn't opinion by psychology of introverts. undecided

Introvertedness is not a mental illness but a personality trait. Your being shy is not because you are an introvert as you claim but because of mental issues(anxieties maybe) you are yet to tackle. undecided

I am also introverted..I used to be shy but not anymore. This because I have taken time to deal with mental issues that kept me shy. And so now I am just an introvert. Get it? undecided

Nobody was arguing, I didn't start one, I didn't say I didn't get it, I didn't claim I have some mental disorders that make me shy(was never shy), I never said introversion is a mental condition, and I didn't suggest what I said was any expert's opinion, thus there was nothing to get. We seem to be going around in circles.
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
Karleb:

You people have come again. Peace of mind as how?

So you think other 'verts wait for peace of mind before talking?

@OP your issue is, you don't have much interest. If you know about a lot, you will have something to say.

So get involved with latest trends in your environment.
Other verts are either daft, too loud, inconsiderate or extremely unimportant, I'd rather marry an introvert
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Karleb(m): 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2022
Senomi:

Other verts are either daft or extremely unimportant

Okay.
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Jan 15, 2022
Mcxtraglitz:
Nobody was arguing, I didn't start one, I didn't say I didn't get it, I didn't claim I have some mental disorders that make me shy(was never shy), I never said introversion is a mental condition, and I didn't suggest what I said was any expert's opinion, thus there was nothing to get. We seem to be going around in circles.

Ok undecided
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Enceladus(m): 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2022
So? Have you heard the richest man in the world talk?(Elon Musk) He's boring as fu*ck and talks in an uncomfortable manner with a lot of filler words.

Work on yourself guy. Confidence comes with money for most people.
Re: Good Evening Guy's,please Help Me Out,excluding Money? by Kimiso(m): 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
Mcxtraglitz:
yes I think so

(1) (Reply)

Life Realities You Were Deceived To Believe / I / The Plantain I Bought N900.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.