Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,505 members, 7,854,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:35 AM

This Dude Called Williams - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Dude Called Williams (640 Views)

Lolo24 Scammed Both Myself And My Dude / TWISTED By Faithlyn Williams / Waiting For Williams - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Dude Called Williams by frankwriter(m): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2022
***This Dude Called Williams***

(A Short Story)

He could stay indoors for 72 hours, and went about his daily routine without talking to anyone. He was what you call a certified loner or perhaps, a perfect loner. He was always doing his own things at his own pace.

Even when we had departmental meetings and social gathering, dude would always isolate himself like a quarantined animal.

His name is Williams, and arguably the only information few people who crossed path with him knew about him. I felt he's an introvert but damn, dude is so weird.
You would easily identify him with the aid of his headphone, which he goes about with, except during classes. It was always around his neck or fixed on his two ears. I guess he was a lover of music.

Willie, as he was fondly known as, was my course mate. He was fair and tall(He was taller than myself). He had dimples on his face and, overall, he was cute but f**king weird.

Well, my name is Kambili. I'm from Anambra State, but I chose Futo as my first choice prolly because my family lived in Owerri.
Good thing was, I didn't regret my actions. I got admission on merit to study mechanical engineering. We're just eight girls in my department. A class of hundred plus.

Fast forward to 200L, I left Hostel D and relocated to Umuchima. I was really tired and done with Man' O war and their troubles, and coupled with few challenges I faced in hostel D. It was quite a hellish experience (Story for another day).

Towards the mid of the semester, surprisingly, I realized Williams lived directly opposite my apartment. He stayed in the first floor while I occupied the last floor of my lodge. I could see his balcony from my windows.
Oftentimes, I saw him at the balcony 'jacking' (reading) at night. I doubted if he knew I lived so close to him, and even if he does, nothing would have happened.

Williams was too good to live a dull and lonely life; he never had friends nor visitors. His lodge mates could testify how antisocial and a private person he was. He would rather meet you outside his room than allow you step into his room. Funnily enough, he doesn't give a damn about any m***erfucker! So, whatever you say or feel about him, becomes your own headache.

Dude was so weird that I couldn't think of going to ask him anything as per course mates. I once had thought of going with a plate of food and knock on his door, and see if we could be friends but on a second thought of getting embarrassed before his lodge mates, I quickly perished the idea.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you Willie was a guru. Well, he was one of the best in my department after we checked our year one results.

Weirdest rumor I heard about him was being an atheist. I never believed, even as it wasn't a new thing for someone to be an atheist, but from the perspective I viewed him.
One thing I admired about Williams was his commitment towards his academics, and how he stayed up late at night to read. He was a bookworm. Library was his second home.
He quite motivated and inspired me from afar, even without his consent.

I was always watching him every night through my windows. And I couldn’t but ponder how he coped being a loner in a world population of 7.9 billion people.

But something strange happened towards the end of the semester. Willie wasn't coming to the balcony to read again neither did I see him anywhere around campus, not even in lecture hall. I couldn't say if he travelled or moved out of his lodge. His lodge mates too, had no knowledge about his whereabouts.

I became more worried when it was exam period and I didn't see Willie. It was unusual and unlike him. Of all the eight days we wrote our courses, nothing close to Williams appeared at the hall. He always sat at the front seat and was never invisible during exams. Some of my course mates too, became perplexed and confused just like myself.
His number too, wasn't going through.

No one knew where he is or might have happened to him, neither was anyone to ask his whereabouts. Nobody has his information except his name and reg. number. Not even the course rep could say anything about Willie.

Even now that mostly everyone has traveled, I still watch my window every night and day, hoping to see a glimpse of him but nothing of such has happened.

Just last night, after seeing a movie with my system, I moved towards the windows to draw my curtains close for the night, I saw the light from his room. I was startled for seconds. I stared focused, just to be sure the light was illuminating from William's room. I watched to see if he would come out or walk round his room. At least, I would see his shadow if he moves, but nothing happened.
I was going to scream his name but it was past seven. I waited till 12:30 am to see if he would show up but the light gradually went down and nothing else happened.

Tonight, I'll be up again, hopefully the light shows up again, then, maybe I will scream his name this time, but till then, what really happened to Williams?

©️FrankWriter1
#storyteller
Re: This Dude Called Williams by bluebay(m): 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2022
You nor well o
Re: This Dude Called Williams by frankwriter(m): 11:11pm On Jan 13, 2022
bluebay:
You nor well o

Lol...
It's a short story �
Re: This Dude Called Williams by Dybala11(m): 12:17am On Jan 14, 2022
Wait, hope that's not the end of this piece o. Abi you wan leave us hanging to our imaginations ni??
Re: This Dude Called Williams by preshman22: 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2022
Is this the end?
Abeg complete this story
Please
Re: This Dude Called Williams by Monoke: 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2022
Men this story is one hell of a cliffhanger
At least you could have tried to give us a clue to Will's fate

Cool story though
Re: This Dude Called Williams by Tina11: 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2022
Pls don't tell me that's the end. I really want to know what happened to williams

(1) (Reply)

How I Got Scammed On Nairaland! / JESSICA DURU’S THE BILLIONAIRE’S EX-WIFE / Love Poems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.