Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,636 members, 7,840,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Fasting And Praying Day 7 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting And Praying Day 7 (180 Views)

Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fasting And Praying Day 7 by Earthkumy(m): 6:20am On Jan 16, 2022
Fasting and Praying day 7

Topic: God our provider
Test: 1 kings 17:1-7

God has always promised to provide for us, and his condition to fulfill the promise is the same both in the old and New Testament, which is that we should follow his word. It becomes difficult to obey God and enjoy his promise because our desire comes into play. That's why it is risky to trust any preacher who teaches that we should follow our desires. James 1 says our temptation comes from our desire. When the devil wants to get us he asks us what is our desire, but when God wants to get us He asks us to follow His word. When Jesus was on mountain fasting 40 days and 40 nights, he desired food and the devil tried to use it against Him. You can turn this stone into bread he said, and Jesus answers He only needs the word. At the moment of scarcity Elijah followed the word of God and God used raven to feed him. Whatever I'm doing today came out of the word of God. If I follow my desire, I won't have a story to inspire the people that message me daily. Our desire seeks fantasies, but God's provision produces testimonies. When God provides you will eat with peace and satisfaction, but when our desire provides we become desperate for more. Every wise person seeks satisfaction, I know and trust me only Jesus can give you that peace and satisfaction you seek.

Prayer
1 oh Lord Jesus satisfy my hunger

2 provide for me and my family what we need at the right time

3 give us strength to provide for those who are in need also

In Jesus name Amen

(1) (Reply)

Happy Sunday Nairalanders / To Err Is Human; To Forgive Divine / Christianity, Faith And Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.