Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Television With No Audio Output Source - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Television With No Audio Output Source (899 Views)

Judge Orders Prosecution Of Three Channels Television Staff / 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. / How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Television With No Audio Output Source by Timmycarter(m): 6:50am On Jan 17, 2022
Please, my Television has no audio output source. Meanwhile I have a home theatre which is just lying useless. Is there anyone else with similar issues who can recommend a way to connect the two together. It’s really frustrating me because I don’t enjoy the sound coming out of the television directly.

Re: Television With No Audio Output Source by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:08am On Jan 17, 2022
Post the TV showing all the output port
Re: Television With No Audio Output Source by Authoreety: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2022
Na simple sturv na...

Some guys just too dey daft... Everyguy should be a technician to some extent
Re: Television With No Audio Output Source by Timmycarter(m): 8:25am On Jan 17, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
Post the TV showing all the output port

Posted
Re: Television With No Audio Output Source by Timmycarter(m): 8:26am On Jan 17, 2022
Authoreety:
Na simple sturv na...

Some guys just too dey daft... Everyguy should be a technician to some extent

Ok
Re: Television With No Audio Output Source by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:01am On Jan 18, 2022
Timmycarter:

Ok
get a technician in your area to help you do it... If it has earphone jack you can just connect it directly or get a gotv or dstv decoder and connect the sound together with the home theater
Re: Television With No Audio Output Source by Nsonaso(m): 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2022
Timmycarter:
Please, my Television has no audio output source. Meanwhile I have a home theatre which is just lying useless. Is there anyone else with similar issues who can recommend a way to connect the two together. It’s really frustrating me because I don’t enjoy the sound coming out of the television directly.

TV normally doesn't have audio out or video out. Is audio in and video in.

To connect your home theater to your TV is simple, use a HDMI cable and connect to your TV and connect it to your home theater HDMI OUT. that's it.

If you have a decoder (dstv or star time) those are the ones that has AUDIO OUT.

Connect the AUDIO OUT from your decoder to the home theater AUDIO IN. And use another HDMI cable to connect from your decoder to the second HDMI on your TV.

If your TV doesn't have 2 HDMI ports then you will need to buy HDMI splitter.

Now if you do it this way all the sound from your decoder will go to home theater and the video alone will go to the TV.

Option 2:

If your home theater is a modern home theater, it will have HDMI IN and HDMI OUT and this is the simplest. some home theater like Sony has 2 HDMI IN

If your home theater has HDMI IN, you just need a HDMI cable to connect from your decoder to the home theater HDMI In, and then connect another HDMI cable from your home theater HDMI OUT to your TV and that's all. You don't need another cable.

This method will channel both audio and video from your decoder to the home theater and to your TV. But then you can mute the TV sound from the TV and use the home theater sound only.

1 Like

Re: Television With No Audio Output Source by Timmycarter(m): 6:59am On Jan 21, 2022
Nsonaso:

TV normally doesn't have audio out or video out. Is audio in and video in.

To connect your home theater to your TV is simple, use a HDMI cable and connect to your TV and connect it to your home theater HDMI OUT. that's it.

If you have a decoder (dstv or star time) those are the ones that has AUDIO OUT.

Connect the AUDIO OUT from your decoder to the home theater AUDIO IN. And use another HDMI cable to connect from your decoder to the second HDMI on your TV.

If your TV doesn't have 2 HDMI ports then you will need to buy HDMI splitter.

Now if you do it this way all the sound from your decoder will go to home theater and the video alone will go to the TV.

Option 2:

If your home theater is a modern home theater, it will have HDMI IN and HDMI OUT and this is the simplest. some home theater like Sony has 2 HDMI IN

If your home theater has HDMI IN, you just need a HDMI cable to connect from your decoder to the home theater HDMI In, and then connect another HDMI cable from your home theater HDMI OUT to your TV and that's all. You don't need another cable.

This method will channel both audio and video from your decoder to the home theater and to your TV. But then you can mute the TV sound from the TV and use the home theater sound only.
Thanks so much
Re: Television With No Audio Output Source by roxguy: 2:15am On Jan 24, 2022
I almost had the similar issue moments ago I've already fixed, but this is my HDMI cable that got destroyed

(1) (Reply)

Bel-air Season 2 Episode 9 Download / Naruto Vs One Piece / Mercy Aigbe Set To Release Omo Gucci Movie!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.