Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America (2902 Views)

Nigerian Lady In Extreme Shock By The State Of A Street In Europe / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Princewill1(m): 5:06pm On Jan 19, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRWmKh13b50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHDkALRz5Rk

These people are not drug addicts as people wrongly believe. They are ordinary Americans. The major causes of their poverty and homelessness are; high cost of housing, very expensive health care system, job loss/ unemployment etc

On top the high cost of accommodation mostly caused by greedy landlords, you can be evicted within few days of your rent expiration. While in Nigeria you can go for up to six months. I think the US govt are doing little or nothing to protect its citizens on this regard.

The extreme American poverty seen on these videos are of third world proportion.

As someone rightly said: " it's an American dream, that's why you have to be asleep to believe it"

2 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Princewill1(m): 5:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
In 2017, a UN official investigating poverty rate in America said that some parts of Alabama has one of the worst poverty level in the developed world.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/alabama-black-belt-un-poverty-expert-extreme-developed-country-sewage-crisis-roy-moore-philip-alston-a8105886.html
Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by dawnomike(m): 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2022
If they are poor in American, they should try out migrating to Nigeria.... Then,they will appreciate what they have grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by BunmiBie: 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
Theirs is theory of poverty while the one we have here is practical. They should come here and experience the practical...

2 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Uuii: 7:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Most Nigerians can do menial jobs to survive in nigeria and anywhere in the world.

I was a factory worker abroad

How many Americans or these poor can do such menial jobs that our people are doing in america and surviving and even buying homes on mortgage . Lack of Contentment ,overspending ,show off ,lavishness , fake flexing clubbing partying drug abuse among others are causes of poor majority of Americans!

most of The poor choose to be poor in American because they are lazy .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by pharmguru: 1:03am On Jan 20, 2022
Princewill1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRWmKh13b50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHDkALRz5Rk

These people are not drug addicts as people wrongly believe. They are ordinary Americans. The major causes of their poverty and homelessness are; high cost of housing, very expensive health care system, job loss/ unemployment etc

As someone rightly said: " it's an American dream, that's why you have to be asleep to believe it"

Lolzz... majority were kicked out of their homes due to the crazy divorce laws. Imagine the man being interviewed in one of the videos said he was the very first person to arrive the camp after a separation from his wife.

it's funny how simply getting married to someone could send you homeless and these guys wonder why men over there ain't getting married and their population is declining drastically. Wahala for who marry wife this generation.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Elonmuzk(m): 1:14am On Jan 20, 2022
Uuii:
Most Nigerians can do menial jobs to survive in nigeria and anywhere in the world.

How many Americans or these poor can do such menial jobs that our people are doing in america and surviving and even buying homes on mortgage . Lack of Contentment ,overspending ,show off ,lavishness , fake flexing clubbing partying drug abuse among others are causes of poor majority of Americans!

Well said bro, if you want to be lazy in America, be ready to be homeless. If you want to work hard in America, you will definitely be comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Princewill1(m): 10:01am On Jan 20, 2022
Uuii:

Watch the videos till the end, many of them are working yet they are living in poverty. They earn minimum wage which is nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by timesup234: 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2022
they should thank God for there life, if life is hard for dem there, they should try relocating to Nigeria where they will be treated like a king.
Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by nnennachiji(f): 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2022
They want to live in New York and California
There are affordable states like Texas

2 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Princewill1(m): 7:51am On Jan 21, 2022
nnennachiji:
They want to live in New York and California
There are affordable states like Texas
This is not about homelessness alone,we are talking about general poverty.

Do you know that there are some places in Alabama,USA where there is epileptic power supply, where people discharge their sewage waters on open lands, where residents often suffers from hookworm... a disease associated with extreme poor living conditions?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/alabama-black-belt-un-poverty-expert-extreme-developed-country-sewage-crisis-roy-moore-philip-alston-a8105886.html

4 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by nnennachiji(f): 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2022
Princewill1:
This is not about homelessness alone,we are talking about general poverty.

Do you that there are some places in Alabama,USA where there is epileptic power supply, where people discharge their sewage waters on open lands, where residents often suffers from hookworm... a disease
associated with extreme poverty living conditions?
Then why continue to live there, you can move to another state and start your life all over.
A lot of people are migrating from there to States with better opportunities
Alabama has a high poverty rate in the USA

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by pansophist(m): 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2022
The poverty in the USA is a disgrace to the developed world. Its just one country I don't fancy, and don't want to live in. How can you be the richest country in the world but have the bottom 50% living just one paycheck to being homeless?

No free health care, education, indebted population, a prison country with so much black men in jail, for little offence such as jaywalking? The US has never been invaded before, but somehow has close to 900 military bases scattered around the globe, to defend what exactly?

Spending close to one trillion dollars annually on military, why your infrastructure rot away. If they could just slash that money and invest in their population, it would be a country close to heaven. And what's worse? Americans are the only country that I know of that charges there citizens tax even while they are abroad. Imagine a Nigerian in Australia paying tax from his monthly salary to Nigerian government.

And no, it doesn't matter if you have never lived in America before. So all those naija celebrities going to birth their kids in the USA, when the kids grow up in Nigeria for example, must pay tax to the US government as far they are Americans. What a country.

12 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Bifwoli: 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
Elonmuzk:
Well said bro, if you want to be lazy in America, be ready to be homeless. If you want to work hard in America, you will definitely be comfortable.
Very misleading topic by the OP here. He /she fails to say only about 1% or even less of Americans lives this way while in Nigeria it is like 50% of the population is extremely poor.

And yes , i arrived in this country with only $180 and worked very hard now i live very comfortable , good house with no mortgage and very very little to spend on regular bills.Life is what you make it and some Americans just don't have the right habits,organizational acumen and mental acuity to see opportunities that me as a foreign born can see.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Bifwoli: 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2022
pansophist:
The poverty in the USA is a disgrace to the developed world. Its just one country I don't fancy, and don't want to live in. How can you be the richest country in the world but have the bottom 50% living just one paycheck to being homeless?

No free health care, education, indebted population, a prison country with so much black men in jail, for little offence such as jaywalking? The US has never been invaded before, but somehow has close to 900 military bases scattered around the globe, to defend what exactly?

Spending close to one trillion dollars annually on military, why your infrastructure rot away. If they could just slash that money and invest in their population, it would be a country close to heaven. And what's worse? Americans are the only country that I know of that charges there citizens tax even while they are abroad. Imagine a Nigerian in Australia paying tax from his monthly salary to Nigerian government.

And no, it doesn't matter if you have never lived in America before. So all those naija celebrities going to birth their kids in the USA, when the kids grow up in Nigeria for example, must pay tax to the US government as far they are Americans. What a country.
Say what you will about USA ,its worts ,its open wounds and its imperfections but there's absolutely NOT a country in the whole world that is perfect.Even with all these imperfections USA is still far far far better than Nigeria by a galactic margin.
Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by pansophist(m): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2022
Bifwoli:
Say what you will about USA ,its worts ,its open wounds and its imperfections but there's absolutely NOT a country in the whole world that is perfect.Even with all these imperfections USA is still far far far better than Nigeria by a galactic margin.

Your comment reminds me of the biblical verse which says that "to whom much is given, much is expected". No one will blame a bus driver who doesn't make much to send his kids to university, but its a shame when a billionaire can't even send his own children to primary school.

This has nothing to do with perfection, because of of course no country is perfect. Its about proportionality, and managing your resources well. And in this area, America failed woefully. Even countries far poorer than the USA have it good, infact, only the US is richer than the whole EU with about 30 countries combined, with half EU's population, but the kind of problems that happens in that US of A shock the average Europeans. As in, we are bewildered.

8 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Princewill1(m): 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
pansophist:

Your comment reminds me of the biblical verse which says that "to whom much is given, much is expected". No one will blame a bus driver who doesn't make much to send his kids to university, but its a shame when a billionaire can't even send his own children to primary school.

This has nothing to do with perfection, because of of course no country is perfect. Its about proportionality, and managing your resources well. And in this area, America failed woefully. Even countries far poorer than the USA have it good, infact, only the US is richer than the whole EU with about 30 countries combined, with half EU's population, but the kind of problems that happens in that US of A shock the average Europeans. As in, we are bewildered.
Spot on!
While the US govt will be forming big brother around the world sending aid money to Africa and Asia.

Spending trillions of dollars on defense budget yearly while it's citizens wallow in excruciating poverty. Most American prosperous cities in the past are now dead and dysfunctional.

Countries in Western Europe and Scandinavian region with less money has higher standard of living and are better organized than USA with all her money.

1 Like

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by pansophist(m): 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2022
Princewill1:
Spot on!
While the US govt will be forming big brother around the world sending aid money to Africa and Asia.

Spending trillions of dollars on defense budget yearly while it's citizens wallow in excruciating poverty. Most American prosperous cities in the past are now dead and dysfunctional.

Countries in Western Europe and Scandinavian region with less money has higher standard of living and are better organized than USA with all her money.

If you check the stats data concerning immigration, you'll see that it's mostly third world nationals that are keen on moving to America. People that their countries seems worse off when compared to the behemoth shit hole the US is. No sane westerner will move there, its too Bleep.ed up.

3 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Bifwoli: 3:13am On Jan 24, 2022
Princewill1:
Spot on!

Lies and damned lies from the pits of hell.

1 Like

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:00am On Jan 24, 2022
Princewill1:
Spot on!

If you keep saying that you might actually start believing it. I don’t know any homeless people or people living in poverty. The people living in tents WANT to live that way. They are either on drugs or don’t want the responsibility of using the money the government puts in their pockets to fund their lifestyles.

It’s easy to see that you were turned down for a visa and have hated the USA since then which is why you post hate threads and try to discourage others.

2 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Princewill1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

If you keep saying that you might actually start believing it. I don’t know any homeless people or people living in poverty. The people living in tents WANT to live that way. They are either on drugs or don’t want the responsibility of using the money the government puts in their pockets to fund their lifestyles.

It’s easy to see that you were turned down for a visa and have hated the USA since then which is why you post hate threads and try to discourage others.

"I don’t know any homeless people or people living in poverty." Then you must be living on the moon not in America.

This is the kind of propaganda and lies I seek to correct so that my brothers and sisters who are hell bent on traveling will not to be misled by Hollywood or people like you.

I have also done a thread on Canada. Going by your thinking, I have also been denied Visa by Canada. Lol, So when you state the obvious truth about America, you get attacked by her citizens. I can give you tons of videos and links about poverty, violent crimes and homelessness in America.

I don't know what a US embassy look like because i haven't been to one and I don't think I have any need to be in one.

What makes you to think that everyone wants to go to America? I don't blame you. i blame the american media for telling you everything American is the best in the world. I have once read that most Americans have little or no knowledge of the outside world. They can easily consume anything dished out by thier media.

The best organized, non-chaotic and wealthy countries in the world to live in are in Western Europe and Scandinavia. That's where I will head to anyday I consider leaving Africa.

6 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by timesup234: 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You are a first generation mumu. The amount of homeless American on drugs is less than 0.0000001%. Americans are homeless because they are broke and miserable. Even drugs is as a result of a failed economy fallout.

1 Like

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
timesup234:
You are a first generation mumu. The amount of homeless American on drugs is less than 0.0000001%. Americans are homeless because they are broke and miserable. Even drugs is as a result of a failed economy fallout.

Your delusion is astonishing.

1 Like

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2022
Princewill1:

"I don’t know any homeless people or people living in poverty." Then you must be living on the moon not in America.

This is the kind of propaganda and lies I seek to correct so that my brothers and sisters who are hell bent on traveling will not to be misled by Hollywood or people like you.

I have also done a thread on Canada. Going by your thinking, I have also been denied Visa by Canada. Lol, So when you state the obvious truth about America, you get attacked by her citizens. I can give you tons of videos and links about poverty, violent crimes and homelessness in America.

I don't know what a US embassy look like because i haven't been to one and I don't think I have any need to be in one.

What makes you to think that everyone wants to go to America? I don't blame you. i blame the american media for telling you everything American is the best in the world. I have once read that most Americans have little or no knowledge of the outside world. They can easily consume anything dished out by thier media.

The best organized, non-chaotic and wealthy countries in the world to live in are in Western Europe and Scandinavia. That's where I will head to anyday I consider leaving Africa.

I’ll say it again even louder: I live in a major US city and I have friends and family spread across the US and I don’t know anyone living in poverty. Your statistics are made up and you are attempting to teach Nairalanders about places you have never been and most likely will never see with your own two eyes.

The only one consuming everything dished out by the media is you. Your motivation to write epistles on the US and Canada from your myopic, poverty-minded point of view is obvious. I’m sure your time would be better well spent working on your own dire situation. Goodbye.

4 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Princewill1(m): 10:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’ll say it again even louder: I live in a major US city and I have friends and family spread across the US and I don’t know anyone living in poverty. Your statistics are made up and you are attempting to teach Nairalanders about places you have never been and most likely will never see with your own two eyes.

The only one consuming everything dished out by the media is you. Your motivation to write epistles on the US and Canada from your myopic, poverty-minded point of view is obvious. I’m sure your time would be better well spent working on your own dire situation. Goodbye.
"My statistics are made up" ?? Lol love how the truth revealed here got you worked up.

So the videos posted here made by Americans are also fake? lies can't last forever, you know?

I will continue in revealing the truth to my brothers here. I really enjoyed getting you upset with the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by timesup234: 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

There are so many homeless people in America that one could believe Joe Biden is homeless. A very backward, primitive, smelling, dirty shiithole only fit for pigs and idiots like you. And that's even an insult to the pig family
Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Adekunle813: 10:52pm On Jan 24, 2022
Most of them are Drug addicts, alcohol ruined, sociopath, fugitives, lazy and funny enough, some just resort to living that way

timesup234:
There are so many homeless people in America that one could believe Joe Biden is homeless. A very backward, primitive, smelling, dirty shiithole only fit for pigs and idiots like you. And that's even an insult to the pig family

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by pansophist(m): 4:06pm On Jan 25, 2022
Princewill1:

[b]"

Hope you can stand the cold sha, and not just that. The winter is dark almost all day as well, and people generally are too introverted for the average African. It might be shocking to you that having a common conversation with a passenger maybe asking for direction might be met with cold shoulder, like you spread ewedu on top pizza grin

But as far as the best run democratic society, it's the Nordic countries. Its the opposite of America in a sense that the system will never allow you to live an undignified life, even if you want to. I've never loved democracy as a system of governance, but the Nordic system gave me a second thought. So yea, if you're an introvert by nature and don't mind not talking to anyone for up to a month, go there.

8 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Princewill1(m): 4:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
pansophist:

Hope you can stand the cold sha, and not just that. The winter is dark almost all day as well, and people generally are too introverted for the average African. It might be shocking to you that having a common conversation with a passenger maybe asking for direction might be met with cold shoulder, like you spread ewedu on top pizza grin

But as far as the best run democratic society, it's the Nordic countries. Its the opposite of America in a sense that the system will never allow you to live an undignified life, even if you want to. I've never loved democracy as a system of governance, but the Nordic system gave me a second thought. So yea, if you're an introvert by nature and don't mind not talking to anyone for up to a month, go there.
Lol I'm introverted, their social life won't be a problem. The only challenge will be the cold lol
Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by Skybridge33: 7:22am On Jan 26, 2022
if you have a good brain you can easily succeed in Nigeria. Most of all those who japa are suffering and smiling abroad

2 Likes

Re: Videos Of People Living In Extreme Poverty In America by gboyetade: 6:07pm On Jan 29, 2022
One can do well/ better anywhere with effort+ skills

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Some Hotels In Lagos / Exciting Places To Visit In Kogi. / Relocating To South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.