Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption (24915 Views)

Thief Stabs Young Man To Death In Abuja, Flees With His Bike And Phone (Photos) / Domestic Worker Sentenced To Death For Killing Employer, Her Daughter In Lagos / In Anambra: Domestic Worker Cuts Off Woman’s Genitals For Money Rituals (2) (3) (4)

Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Maxymilliano(m): 7:29am On Jan 20, 2022
A domestic worker, identified only as Blessing, has gone into hiding after allegedly stealing money and jewellery valued at over N13.9m from her boss’ residence in the Victoria Island area of Lagos State.

Blessing’s boss, Pearl Ogbulu, on Tuesday, said the suspect allegedly perpetrated the crime about a week after she started working with her.

She said the Cross River State indigene had remained incommunicado since the incident happened.

PUNCH Metro gathered that an agent, Joshua Amaha, introduced Blessing to Ogbulu, who was not at home on the day the domestic worker visited her residence for an interview.

Ogbulu said her parents, who lived with her, took Blessing in, adding that during the interview with the domestic worker the following day, she (Ogbulu) informed her that she would undergo a test and registration at a police station.

She said plans were underway for the test and registration when the 25-year-old took advantage of her absence to steal her property.

Ogbulu said, “Her name could be an alias, but she identified herself as Blessing. She also mentioned that her name was Ihi, from Cross River State. She is 25 years old and has a one-year-old child. She started working with me around 8.30pm last Sunday.

“The agent told me she would come on Saturday for an interview, but I didn’t see her. Only for the agent to tell me she was already on her way that Sunday and when she didn’t arrive early, I went out. I returned around 1.30am and was about to go to work the next day when I interviewed her and told her about the test and registration.

“January 13 was my brother’s birthday and Blessing was standing on the third floor when I went into my room to bring out two envelopes containing N500,000 and N200,000. I gave my brother N50,000, and also gave him and my mother $100 each. I kept the remaining money inside my room.”

Ogbulu said she went for a party the following Sunday.

“When I returned from the party, I entered the compound and called my dad to open the door. But when he came down to open it, he said the door was not locked. My dad quickly searched Blessing’s room and said she had packed all her things and fled.

“The security guard said he didn’t see her leaving. I knew I locked my room, but I was surprised when I saw the door open. I went straight to where I kept my money and realised that the envelopes containing the naira notes were gone. She stole two wristwatches, one of which cost $5,500; my daughter’s earrings valued at $3300. She also took $5000, 300 pounds and N200,000. She took all my jewellery worth over $10,000.”

The businesswoman said the agent gave him Blessing’s brother’s number and her address in Ikorodu, adding that the number was unreachable and the address was nowhere to be found.

She added, “I asked for Blessing’s brother’s number and address in Ikorodu and the agent said the place was in Ijede. He gave me her brother’s number, which did not go through, but Truecaller brought out a name, Elebe.

“We parked my vehicle at the NNPC Filling Station along Ijede Road and took a tricycle to scan the whole area looking for the address, but found no place like that. The tricycle operator charged me N7,500.

I called the agent and he said he was not coming to help us. He said the same thing had happened before and that the madam arrested him and he suffered for days in police custody. I reported the case to the IRT and DSS.

Efforts to hear from Joshua proved abortive as calls to his number did not connect.

The Commander, Police Intelligence Response Team, Tunji Disu, said, “I am yet to receive an official complaint on the matter.”

https://punchng.com/lagos-domestic-worker-flees-with-n13-9m-cash-jewellery-one-week-after-resumption/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0B9c_NGvd5IYW9B57MHJaue3grQkqcvBkLMF-p6T5O4gM8giC1zFoSsng#Echobox=1642639260

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by donbachi(m): 7:33am On Jan 20, 2022
By the tme hand touch her and she chop slaps.dat her jaw or abi na cheek go enter inside.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by salbis(m): 7:35am On Jan 20, 2022
This could be as a result of get rich quick syndrome. Employers should endeavor to do serious background checks of their employees, cos people no dey smile these days.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by diplomat058(m): 7:36am On Jan 20, 2022
Lol. Who be maid? She fit be undercover thief and being an house help na her strategy. A week is strangely short to make such critical and defining decision. Career maids have this submissive character cos they were trained to care and adore in fear and for incentive

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by tamdun: 7:36am On Jan 20, 2022
Just one week of resumption?
She wasn't looking for a job, she be Thief, she just disguise like job seeker

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by gambia(m): 7:36am On Jan 20, 2022
She wanna chill with the big boys and wear artificial hair of 150k, almost everyone want to cash out anyhow in this country, the society has gone to the dogs indeed.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Johnbosco77(m): 7:36am On Jan 20, 2022
Nawa ooo.
Why is man wicked to man??

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Opeyemiextra(f): 7:36am On Jan 20, 2022
Imagine such a behavior just within a week. She could sell them off if she stays for a longer period of time. People really need total overhaul of their brain.
If she's caught now, devil becomes the bad guy in her story.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Kobicove(m): 7:36am On Jan 20, 2022
Look at her mouth "I went to my room and brought out two envelops containing 500K and 200K and gave my brother 50K from it including $100 each to my brother and my mother".

This is what happens when you flaunt your wealth in front of your domestic staff...you get robbed! undecided

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by chysam: 7:36am On Jan 20, 2022
I wan marry am

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Daniel7543: 7:36am On Jan 20, 2022
only 5% of Nigerians still have the spirit of integrity.
While the rest of us are all criminals

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by God1000(m): 7:37am On Jan 20, 2022
Nawaoo, this is serious oo, why taking something that isn't yours? She will surely be arrested soon

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Siberia01(m): 7:37am On Jan 20, 2022
Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by FiverrTutor(m): 7:37am On Jan 20, 2022
So This dry little girl is a thiff

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by tommykiwi(m): 7:37am On Jan 20, 2022
Ladies too wan blow.
Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Maxymilliano(m): 7:38am On Jan 20, 2022
I believe that this girl stole from them but not 13.9m chai! make people fear God oo.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by potbelly(m): 7:39am On Jan 20, 2022
If dem catch am now, she go say na devil push am...

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by emmykk(m): 7:39am On Jan 20, 2022
That is early cash out. Some people don't want to work,fast money brings death.

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Naijatask: 7:40am On Jan 20, 2022
FTC grin
Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Sonnobax15(m): 7:40am On Jan 20, 2022
Her bf is very lucky..In fact the idiot will be smiling now cheesy

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by KingOfTheDamned: 7:40am On Jan 20, 2022
Maxymilliano:
I believe that this girl stole from them but not 13.9m chai! make people fear God oo.
Exactly . It may be just 500k cash ... they just want to teach her a lesson. One can't carry 13 million just like that on the road even in 1000k bills tjay would be too much grin

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by SurvivorM(f): 7:40am On Jan 20, 2022
This is sad
Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Shetemi12(m): 7:40am On Jan 20, 2022
Some girls get mind sha!

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by otunbateejay(m): 7:40am On Jan 20, 2022
I don't blame the d lady there is no bank in Nigeria again cash of 13m ha no talk of jewelry even the jewelry is much to keep in a open place ...
donbachi:
By the tme hand touch her and she chop slaps.dat her jaw or abi na cheek go enter inside.

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by KangaIye: 7:41am On Jan 20, 2022
She will be caught soon

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by ivolt: 7:41am On Jan 20, 2022
Ogbulu said, “Her name could be an alias, but she identified herself as Blessing. She also mentioned that her name was Ihi, from Cross River State. She is 25 years old and has a one-year-old child. She started working with me around 8.30pm last Sunday.

That is the reward for stupidity.

In this age where even family members can't be trusted, these ones employ a complete stranger as a maid.
They don't know her real name, they don't know where she hailed from.
They don't know her parents or any of her family members.

They are lucky she just stole money and didn't poison them all to cover her tracks.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Golan007: 7:41am On Jan 20, 2022
chysam:
I wan marry am

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by Golan007: 7:42am On Jan 20, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

Exactly . It may be just 500k cash ... they just want to teach her a lesson. One can't carry 13 million just like that on the road even in 1000k bills tjay would be too much grin

Jewellery.

Re: Lagos Domestic Worker Flees With N13.9m Cash, Jewelry One Week After Resumption by donolatunji(m): 7:42am On Jan 20, 2022
Hmmmm I not shocked
It's the reality of life.

N5m Reward For Information On Terwase Akwaza, Alias Ghana / Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information / Suspected Sea Pirate Captured On Bonny-Port Harcourt Waterways (Photos)