Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) (52842 Views)

My Wolf male German Shepard for mating / Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) / Keeping A Wolf As A Pet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 20, 2022
The Tamaskan is a relatively new and rare breed of dog created with the specific purpose of mimicking the looks of a grey wolf without any genetic relation to the wild predator.

In the 1980s, a group of British dog breeders set out on a mission to develop a new dog breed with a wolf-like appearance. To that end, they combined German Shepherds, Siberian Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, and Samoyeds, and the Tamaskan was one of the breeds they came up with.

However, some experts believe that crossing this new breed with the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog made the Tamaskan what it is today. But while the Tamaskan may look like an actual wolf, or at least a close cousin, genetically speaking, there is no relation between the two species. The Tamaskan is all dog.

The Tamaskan is classified as a large dog breed. Males are generally larger than females, weighing between 66 and 99 pounds and measuring between 25 and 28 inches tall.

The purpose for developing this breed was to develop a domestic dog that looked like a wild wolf but was in reality an intelligent and brave dog with unwavering loyalty to its owners. It responds well to training, and is very energetic, but it is recommended for people who have experience with dogs, as they require a lot of attention and work.

Tamaskan dogs usually get very attached to their owners and their respective family and tend to develop separation anxiety if left alone too often. These dogs are also very friendly and generally enjoy being around people.

The first liter of wolf-like puppies found its way to US soil in 2005, and despite growing in popularity ever since, Tamaskans are still considered very rare, with puppies only available through waiting lists and at prices upwards of $2,000. But no one said owning a dog that looks like a wolf but is all dog was cheap…

Source: https://www.odditycentral.com/animals/the-tamaskan-a-dog-bred-to-look-like-a-wolf-but-that-doesnt-have-any-wolf-in-its-lineage.html

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Maxymilliano(m): 9:19am On Jan 20, 2022
Wow!!! It’s such a beautiful breed ...

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by illicit(m): 10:16am On Jan 20, 2022
Wow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Anisilas: 3:04am On Jan 21, 2022
In the future we will be seein that of a lion.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by DarkCaesar(m): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
If it’s not a wolf it can’t never be a wolf…..

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Brendaniel: 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
I like dogs, they do a lot for man...

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by sammysmiles(m): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
On how I see dis 1,na to japa first ooooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by ImpregnaTor(m): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by slawormiir: 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Na the normal dog me dey see here

I don't see anything unique and special about the dog

Still the same appearance and look with other dogs

The last picture go sweet for meme

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by ParrotGirls360(f): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
Amazing breed.

2 Likes

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Flier: 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
They are decieving themselves,this is a pure Siberian husky

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Lordave: 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
Looks like a Husky

I love Huskies

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by holaphem(m): 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
Na this kind dog dem suppose use chase our president commot for that sit undecided undecided undecided grin grin angry

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by meobizy(f): 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
If slavery wasn't abolished, white people would have come up with means of birthing a full negro child from two quadroons.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by nonut: 4:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
Flier:
They are decieving themselves,this is a pure Siberian husky
true

1 Like

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by RickieNas(m): 4:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
What a wonderful breed
Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Nbotee(m): 4:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
Omo dis kind dog go cost pass some ppl life savings o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Jayphoenix45(m): 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mhen my love for dogs ehhnn!!! I want to own two american bulldogs that are well groomed..the way they're built scares intruders..I'm an avid dog lover!!! This bred looks like an actual wolf..beautiful!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by DAMIMONY: 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
I like dogs, especially when it's fighting another dog or chasing a simp.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Kellie069(m): 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2022
Watin hold oyibo for this life too much!!
Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by freshkpomo(m): 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2022
I love anything dog, and I hate anything cats except for big cats

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by seandurse(m): 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2022
smiley
Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by salbis(m): 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2022
Na man hand go kill am. God don create dog, and una dey use hand recreate same dogs with wild animals. Anyway, Oyinbo no too get problem sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by FuckSilly: 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
Dogs evolved from wolves.

They're their cousins.

What's interesting here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by leofab(f): 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
Humans are gods on earth
Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Nicenixon: 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
I love dog and nothing is gonna stop me from rearing it when I settle down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Files: 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
meobizy:
If slavery wasn't abolished, white people would have come up with means of birthing a full negro child from two quadroons.
Now that's funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by Bighenzzy(m): 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by RichDad1(m): 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
American Husky any day for me. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by LordIsaac(m): 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
Wolf itself can be mistaken for a dog. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) by blinking001(m): 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
Pepper soup

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Monkey Adopts Chicken As They Become Inseparable In Israel (Photos) / Dog Eats Up 4 -month- Old Baby In Delta State / California Wildfire: Abandoned Hospital For Stranded Animals (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.