Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Update Ontoyota Camry 012 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Update Ontoyota Camry 012 (479 Views)

My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears / Toyota Camry 012 / Between Hyundai Accent 012/013 And Kia Rio 013/014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Update Ontoyota Camry 012 by thinkinghead: 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2022
Hello good people, Following the check engine light on my new 012 Toyota Camry. Recognize LUBE said I have to change the transmission fluid as soon as possible, one of them even check and confirms the fluid is low. (they strongly believe it could be reason behind the light). Now, One is ready to sell the TOYOTA TRANSMISSION FLUID WS for 26500, the other want to sell 19000 for 4litres. I sensed I might end up buying substandard fluid. Hence I visited elizade and they claimed not to have 4litter galon but 1litre instead at that moment. My thoughts according to lube operators was that I only need 4litres but the engineer who will handle it at elizade said i will need nothing less than 7-8 littres amounting roughly 60k. Am kind of lost, what is the required number of litres I need for this replacement. At the same time in want to know a very good and affordable engine oil i can as well use for servicing the car. I already use visco 2000 since I had in the past used it for Corolla 06 and no problem but some other detest using it for this 012 camry, so am thinking of flushing it out soon and find a better oil and stay with it. I trust Your professional advise will make the difference .regards!
Re: Update Ontoyota Camry 012 by Dozieson(m): 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2022
thinkinghead:
Hello good people, Following the check engine light on my new 012 Toyota Camry. Recognize LUBE said I have to change the transmission fluid as soon as possible, one of them even check and confirms the fluid is low. (they strongly believe it could be reason behind the light). Now, One is ready to sell the TOYOTA TRANSMISSION FLUID WS for 26500, the other want to sell 19000 for 4litres. I sensed I might end up buying substandard fluid. Hence I visited elizade and they claimed not to have 4litter galon but 1litre instead at that moment. My thoughts according to lube operators was that I only need 4litres but the engineer who will handle it at elizade said i will need nothing less than 7-8 littres amounting roughly 60k. Am kind of lost, what is the required number of litres I need for this replacement. At the same time in want to know a very good and affordable engine oil i can as well use for servicing the car. I already use visco 2000 since I had in the past used it for Corolla 06 and no problem but some other detest using it for this 012 camry, so am thinking of flushing it out soon and find a better oil and stay with it. I trust Your professional advise will make the difference .regards!

Visco 2000 for a 2012 Camry? Use Mobil 1 pls only if it is toks or engine not yet abused.

Have you scan the check engine light? What is the code? Is your car gear not selecting well? Why do you want to change the fluid? The amount to replace is the amount that was drained should you want to go ahead.

Don't change that fluid until you are sure it is bad but rather top it up as it is low
Re: Update Ontoyota Camry 012 by melviniyke2002(m): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2022
Get mobil 1 0W 20 frm dru23. As for d check engine light,pls scan n post code here.If ur transmission oil color is smelling burnt den u shd change,d eliza guy saying 8 litre might want to do flush n replace........

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Used Toyota Camry 2003 Model / Registered Toyota Corolla For Sale / Different Parts Of The Engine And Their Function Part 2 4. Piston Rings: Th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.