Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? (843 Views)

If Most Nigerians Become Atheists,What Do You Think Will Happen? / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Omooba77: 6:42am On Jan 23, 2022
Why do so many born into Godly homes turn to become Atheists?
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by FarmWay(m): 6:48am On Jan 23, 2022
Honestly Christians of these days have failed woefully when it comes to raising children...

What I see around me and beyond is so bad that you can only imagine if Christianity is still in Nigeria
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Bahamas95(m): 6:57am On Jan 23, 2022
One of the reasons is that you ain't got choice but to dance to the tune of your parents since you're still under their roof.

As you get older you got the right to make your choice.

Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by chiommy123(f): 6:57am On Jan 23, 2022
Cos they are not deeply rooted in the word of God. It goes beyond going to church every Sunday.
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Timoleon(m): 6:57am On Jan 23, 2022
Because the Bible verse which says “train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he would not depart from it” does not fully capture real life.
In reality when you train up a child you only train up a child in the way you think they should go wether in a Christian way, godly way abi religious way-whatever. When they grow, they are able (for most adults) to discern and decide which way to go which in many cases is a realization that many of the things they learnt as kids aren’t real or aren’t logical enough for an adult to hold on to.

In that vein, many who were very active in church as kids, Sunday school, choir, midweek service etc get to a point where they feel that with the current trajectory of the world, with the present state of human existence it cannot be justified that ‘God’ is in control. If at all he is, which of the thousands of God’s are we referring to? Then many of them decide to just remove their hand patapata.

Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Kriss216: 7:00am On Jan 23, 2022
FarmWay:
Honestly Christians of these days have failed woefully when it comes to raising children...

Mostly children from Godly home have grown to realized there's nothing Godly about their parents and home hence you see them searching for the truth by themselves.

Most parents are hypocrites. They make outsiders believe they're Godly but only the children living with them know the true intent of their parent's hearts.

In my opinion, no child should be religionised until they're old enough to decide their faith.

Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by slimjohn2k5: 7:02am On Jan 23, 2022
They are forced into it instead of been taught into it then allowed to make their choice.

That is why the ones that go to church universities turn atheist more because they are bitter their freedom was taken away from them in the name off religion.

Only if there is a backward assessment of the life of those that have attended church or Muslim school, I believe 80 to 90% are no more Christian.

Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by AntiChristian: 7:17am On Jan 23, 2022
Cos it's not easy convincing a sane person God in Highness has a son! What does He need such for?

Then believing that son came to die for others is season 2!

Looks like those Yoruba/Igbo ritualist film where people are killed for others to progress.
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by slimjohn2k5: 7:23am On Jan 23, 2022
AntiChristian:
Cos it's not easy convincing a sane person God in Highness has a son! What does He need such for?

Looks like those Yoruba/Igbo ritualist film where people are killed for others to progress.

I love you guys atheist for one thing. You prove your point logically but when in death bed you read the same Bible and understand it in few min.

Sometimes it takes the way you prove your logic to believe in the supreme being, almighty God.

Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by helinues: 7:24am On Jan 23, 2022
Cos they have started making use of their free gifted senses

Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:30am On Jan 23, 2022
That's just like asking why Adam and Eve who were born into the Kingdom of God decided to choose to heed the voice of the devil, instead of God who had given them life.

The truth is that being born into a Christian home doesn't make someone saved, and considering the factor of the nature of sin, most born into Christian home are not truly saved, but sinners on their way to hell despite engaging in all the religious activities.

So no real difference when they become atheist, whether born into a Christian home or not.

It's just a change of vehicle, but it's still the same Hell fire they're all heading to if they don't repent.

God bless.
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by paxonel(m): 7:36am On Jan 23, 2022
Omooba77:
simple!

They were made to go to church every Sunday, wake up every morning and undergo the routine morning devotion, reading and memorizing bible scriptures throughout their life time, without them knowing a single bit about the content of what they are memorizing.

Failures
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by AntiChristian: 7:43am On Jan 23, 2022
slimjohn2k5:

I love you guys atheist for one thing. You prove your point logically but when in death bed you read the same Bible and understand it in few min.

Sometimes it takes the way you prove your logic to believe in the supreme being, almighty God.

But I believe in one God that needs no son to die for him. Everything is created by Him alone and He is able to do all things!

I don't need the Bible.
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:28am On Jan 23, 2022
Omooba77:

Because children are first evil and following God's Way is a deliberate, will full and conscious activity which is only executable when a child becomes an adult.

So now when they are free, they are happy to exercise their evil selfs.

And God is anti-evil, therefore, they must put Him away.
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:30am On Jan 23, 2022
Bahamas95:
One of the reasons is that you ain't got choice but to dance to the tune of your parents since you're still under their roof

As you get older you got the right to make your choice.

Yeah! The right to be the evil selfs that they already are.
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:31am On Jan 23, 2022
FarmWay:

What I see around me and beyond is so bad that you can only imagine if Christianity is still in Nigeria

You obviously thought Mathew 24 and all the other endtime prophecies were a joke.
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:36am On Jan 23, 2022
Timoleon:
Because the Bible verse which says “train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he would not depart from it” does not fully capture real life.
In reality when you train up a child you only train up a child in the way you think they should go wether in a Christian way, godly way abi religious way-whatever. When they grow, they are able (for most adults) to discern and decide which way to go which in many cases is a realization that many of the things they learnt as kids aren’t real or aren’t logical enough for an adult to hold on to.

In that vein, many who were very active in church as kids, Sunday school, choir, midweek service etc get to a point where they feel that with the current trajectory of the world, with the present state of human existence it cannot be justified that ‘God’ is in control. If at all he is, which of the thousands of God’s are we referring to? Then many of them decide to just remove their hand patapata.

True!

But that is because even the parents did not get it Right with God. Their way was not better, right and success filled, so there is no way a child will reasonably follow them.

It is a Law, people follow those who know "the way". L
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:12am On Jan 23, 2022
Because they finally reached the age of reason.
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Nelidee(m): 9:32am On Jan 23, 2022
slimjohn2k5:

You are right bro. Some of them are usually the first to shout Jesus! When something shocking suddenly happens like a vehicle accident or shout Oh My God! when they hear that someone they know is dead.

How can someone who doesn't believe in God or the Bible be calling Jesus for help or calling God when filled with sorrow? grin

Anyway, it's a good thing God is a God of Love.
When the theif nailed beside Jesus saw that his life is draining before him, that was when he realised he had to confess and put faith in Christ and his kingdom and he was saved.
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Uyi168: 10:20am On Jan 23, 2022
slimjohn2k5:

I love you guys atheist for one thing. You prove your point logically [/b]but when in death bed you read the same Bible and understand it in few min.[b]

how many atheists have you seen done this?
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Uyi168: 10:26am On Jan 23, 2022
Nelidee:

You are right bro. [/b]Some of them are usually the first to shout [b]Jesus! When something shocking suddenly happens like a vehicle accident or shout Oh My God! when they hear that someone they know is dead.[sup][/sup]

How can someone who doesn't believe in God or the Bible be calling Jesus for help or calling God when filled with sorrow? grin

When the theif nailed beside Jesus saw that his life is draining before him, that was when he realised he had to confess and put faith in Christ and his kingdom and he was saved.

lies you tell yourself to better your sleeps..

million of you Christians pray and scream Jesus, still engage and killed in accidents.
the name wouldn't stop kidnappers from abducting you Christians.
go to hospitals and see Bible believing, Jesus screaming Christians dieing like fowls.

Leah sharibu also thought Jesus had her covered, today she's now a Muslim and baby mama.

keep deceiving yourself.. grin cheesy

Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Timoleon(m): 10:35am On Jan 23, 2022
Not necessarily so. A lot of people who didn’t even grow up with their parents but rather in a monastery trained by reverend fathers and sisters still end up questioning the whole institution and what they preach. It’s the one very thing that sepeeates from animals. Our ability to question what we have bee taught to believe in as an unshakable truth.
Dtruthspeaker:

True!

But that is because even the parents did not get it Right with God. Their way was not better, right and success filled, so there is no way a child will reasonably follow them.

It is a Law, people follow those who know "the way". L
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Timoleon:
Not necessarily so. A lot of people who didn’t even grow up with their parents but rather in a monastery trained by reverend fathers and sisters still end up questioning the whole institution and what they preach. It’s the one very thing that sepeeates from animals. Our ability to question what we have bee taught to believe in as an unshakable truth.

You are still proving my answer right. A Monastery is not the right place and Way to teach children.

A monastery is a type of prison and prisons are not places to teach children about freedom and goodness and The Power of God!
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Omooba77: 10:43am On Jan 23, 2022
Nelidee:

You are right bro. Some of them are usually the first to shout Jesus! When something shocking suddenly happens like a vehicle accident or shout Oh My God! when they hear that someone they know is dead.

I don't want to laugh....
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Bluewitch(f): 10:51am On Jan 23, 2022
slimjohn2k5:

Lmaoo

Read which Bible....
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:52am On Jan 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

But your god allah who was caged inside the black stone of kaaba has many slaves and it is easy to convinced your ignoramus that allah is the manufacturer of slaves abi?

Do you HATE this portion in your quran that says Jesus Christ is alive??

Quran 19:33

And the security/peace (was) on me (on the) day I was born, and (the) day I die, and (the) day I be sent/resurrected/revived alive
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Timoleon(m): 10:55am On Jan 23, 2022
For those who hold on to the teachings from the monastery, seminaries etc and end up becoming revered fathers, do you argue that they do not know about God or freedom in Christ? Or that they do not know the power of God?
Dtruthspeaker:

You are still proving my answer right. A Monastery is not the right place and Way to teach children.

A monastery is a type of prison and prisons are not places to teach children about freedom and goodness and The Power of God!
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:01am On Jan 23, 2022
Timoleon:
For those who hold on to the teachings from the monastery, seminaries etc and end up becoming revered fathers, do you argue that they do not know about God or freedom in Christ? Or that they do not know the power of God?

"By their fruits we shall know them" is The Law!

If their fruits show God, then they must have gotten good teachers.

But we see their fruits and it is not God Like!

Therefore, bad teachers!
Re: Why Do So Many Born Into Godly Homes Turn To Become Atheists? by LordReed(m): 11:10am On Jan 23, 2022
Nelidee:

You watch movies and believe them hook, line and sinker. LoLz.

Video Of Catholic Priest Banning Igbo Songs In The Parish, Members React / Lord Chosen Pastor Wife Passed On / God Be Praised - The Inauguration Of Our New National Leaders Has Been Done

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60