Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? (48966 Views)

Enugu Greenery: The Most Serene City In Nigeria / I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) / Lagos: Africa's Largest City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by IgboGoat: 11:14am On Jan 23, 2022
Guys, I was reading a book; The Richest Man in Babylon. At a point Babylon was referenced as the richest city in the world.

While meditating on what I read, I asked myself the question, which is the richest city in Nigeria?

a. Abuja
b. Lagos
c. Kano
d. Port Harcourt

Kindly give you candid answers with the reason why you chose the city you will choose.

Your kind opinion will be helpful in drawing my strategies for this year.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Ttalk: 11:16am On Jan 23, 2022
Lagos is blessed by God to be the father of all states in Nigeria, apart from being a coastal city with Atlantic ocean that make access to other country of the world possible, it is equally a gateway to West African countries and has the best form of transportation system in Nigeria, roadnetwork, airport and deep seaport.

A state that ceased to be capital of the country over 20years ago still attracts modern and latest development. Dangote refinery, the largest single refinery in the world and Eko Atlantic are not just development of the present but would remain relevant many years to come.

Lagos State attracts the best human resources all over Nigeria, a cidatel of excellence and an aggressive and competitive place where merit becomes the norm. It's indigenous people have entrenched love and harmony into the city making it becomes a culture of every inhabitant of Lagos state.

Lagos is a learning ground for success due to its competitive nature of limited resources compared to it's huge population.

It has huge economy being the commercial nerve of the country, its a city of professionals, businessmen, home for entertainment, sports and games.

When you compare Lagos with other states in Nigeria, you can only refer to her as ancestor while others cities are it's descendant children

252 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by BKayy: 11:17am On Jan 23, 2022
ONITSHA.

This is from your port statistics,
“Onitsha port will serve the South East Nigeria; in fact, Onitsha port will be the most viable port as over 60 per cent of cargo in Nigeria goes to Onitsha, so it is going to be a very busy port,” Ibrahim said.
https://theeagleonline.com.ng/fg-completes-baro-inland-water-port-ready-for-inauguration-in-august-md/

Learn to give honour to whom honour is due

175 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by lawalosky(m): 11:18am On Jan 23, 2022
Abuja, "Looting" machine headquarters

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by elrufiason: 11:18am On Jan 23, 2022
Gombe

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by elrufiason: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2022
Ttalk:
Lagos

Is Lagos a city?

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by basilo101: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2022
Aba
PH
Official data shows they have the highest GDP per capital in Nigeria
Modified: The richness of Babylon is not because of bogus government revenue but ability of it's citizens to make money for themselves. Some are already shouting IGR up and down read the book here

55 Likes

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by basilo101: 11:20am On Jan 23, 2022
elrufiason:

Is Lagos a city?
Thank you, that's the mistake most people are making

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by lightskinnigga: 11:20am On Jan 23, 2022
The place that was destroyed and rebuilt without the help of govt.

The city grossly ignored by govt

The place where campaign of calumny is at its highest by outsiders Bt the place still grows

That place is anambra, onitsha..

Take it with you

190 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Oghene1st: 11:21am On Jan 23, 2022
1. Lagos

2. Abuja

3. Port Harcourt

4. Kano.

Igbos nai develop all these places.

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Oghene1st: 11:22am On Jan 23, 2022
lightskinnigga:
The place that was destroyed and rebuilt without the help of govt.

The city grossly ignored by govt

The place where campaign of calumny is at its highest by outsiders Bt the place still grows

That place is anambra, onitsha..

Take it with you

Onitsha is not even as rich as Asaba and Warri. Abeg go sleep.

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by IgboGoat: 11:24am On Jan 23, 2022
elrufiason:

Is Lagos a city?
Lagos is a city state

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by BKayy: 11:24am On Jan 23, 2022
Oghene1st:

Onitsha is not even as rich as Warri. Abeg go sleep.
What is this Urhobo man talking about?
You want to compare your Warri to Onitsha? Oga better roll with your mates like Ore, Kafanchan and Ilesha.
This table is for big boys

239 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Oghene1st: 11:27am On Jan 23, 2022
BKayy:

What is this Urhobo man talking about?
You want to compare your Warri to Onitsha? Oga better roll with your mates like Ore, Kafanchan and Ilesha.
This table is for big boys

Na so una dey deceive una self. Make we dig out statistics?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Unibenfucker(m): 11:28am On Jan 23, 2022
Richest city na Asaba
Too much Oil money grin

Highest Oil Revenue earner

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by BKayy: 11:28am On Jan 23, 2022
Oghene1st:

Na so una dey deceive una self. Make we dig out statistics?
No need. Warri and Onitsha are not mates.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Sergio104(m): 11:29am On Jan 23, 2022
BKayy:
ONITSHA

Na boss you be cool

ONITSHA!

outta here!!!.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by baralatie(m): 11:29am On Jan 23, 2022
Oghene1st:

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by insidelife22(m): 11:30am On Jan 23, 2022
the op will not make heaven for starting this nonsense debate on a Sunday morning

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Sergio104(m): 11:32am On Jan 23, 2022
Oghene1st:

You haven't gone far from your domain sincerely.
Beside.......how exactly is warri closer to ONITSHA??
I may accept that asaba is close a bit in terms of economic richness

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Sergio104(m): 11:34am On Jan 23, 2022
insidelife22:
the op will not make heaven for starting this nonsense debate on a Sunday morning

He really shake the table too much cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Oghene1st: 11:35am On Jan 23, 2022
BKayy:

Dig out reality.
Lets go there.

There is no city in Anambra that is close to Warri and Asaba.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Unibenfucker(m): 11:35am On Jan 23, 2022
BKayy:

No need. Warri and Onitsha are not mates.

If na in terms of private individuals hehe onitsha rich but in terms of money in the coffers of Government onitsha no reach Asaba or warri. Wetin be their IGR and revenue collected from government. If no be corruption Asaba and Warri supposed be like dubai How much money Anambra dey generate from oil sef

27 Likes

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Oghene1st: 11:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Sergio104:

You haven't gone far from your domain sincerely.

Beside.......how exactly is warri closer to ONITSHA??

I may accept that asaba is close a bit in terms of economic richness

Where did you see closer or anything relating to closeness in my comment?

10 Likes

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by BKayy: 11:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Oghene1st:

There is no city in Anambra that is close to Warri and Asaba.
Unibenfucker:

If na in terms of private individuals hehe onitsha rich but in terms of money in the coffers of Government onitsha no reach Asaba or warri. Wetin be their IGR and revenue collected from government. If no be corruption Warri supposed be like dubai How much money Anambra dey generate from oil sef
Leave Asaba out of this.
As for your confusion, read this.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/fg-completes-baro-inland-water-port-ready-for-inauguration-in-august-md/

As far as Nigeria is concerned, Onitsha is the richest city

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by NASTYNASOSO: 11:39am On Jan 23, 2022
Oghene1st:
1. Lagos

2. Abuja

3. Port Harcourt

4. Kano.

Igbos nai develop all these places.

HMMMMM

STUPID ASSERTION

HAVE YOU BEEN TO KANO BEFORE?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Oghene1st: 11:40am On Jan 23, 2022
Unibenfucker:

If na in terms of private individuals hehe onitsha rich but in terms of money in the coffers of Government onitsha no reach Asaba or warri. Wetin be their IGR and revenue collected from government. If no be corruption Asaba and Warri supposed be like dubai How much money Anambra dey generate from oil sef

You go far, even Anambra VAT wey get to do with spending power no reach 1/4 of Delta own. Their own na to make mouth.

Even the rich men self, how many dey the Onitsha? Na to get store for main market make you get money?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Oghene1st: 11:42am On Jan 23, 2022
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMMM

STUPID ASSERTION

HAVE YOU BEEN TO KANO BEFORE?

Yeah. I stayed in Bagauda, close to Darka Salli for a year. Went to Kano City several times. It is a very big commercial city.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Lionnation: 11:42am On Jan 23, 2022
IgboGoat:
Guys, I was reading a book; The Richest Man in Babylon. At a point Babylon was referenced as the richest city in the world.

While meditating on what I read, I asked myself the question, which is the richest city in Nigeria?

a. Abuja
b. Lagos
c. Kano
d. Port Harcourt

Kindly give you candid answers with the reason why you chose the city you will choose.

Your kind opinion will be helpful in drawing my strategies for this year.
Lagos, Kano are not cities

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Lionnation: 11:45am On Jan 23, 2022
BKayy:

Leave Asaba out of this.

thebguy you quoted made no mention of asaba
Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by Oghene1st: 11:46am On Jan 23, 2022
BKayy:

Leave Asaba out of this.

The link nor get anything to offer in this argument. Onitsha is not even the richest in Southeast, not to talk of South and Nigeria. Onitsha be richest city and the impact nor dey una VAT. Where una dey spend una money? Rubbish. With una N1bn VAT

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria? by BKayy: 11:46am On Jan 23, 2022
Lionnation:
thebguy you quoted made no mention of asaba
I removed it from his post I quoted.
Scroll up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos Of New Boeing 777-300 Aircraft 'Anuli Peggy Onyema' Acquired By Air Peace / Young Lady Killed By A Trailer Just After Partaking In The JAMB Exercise / Flood Takes Over Okota Area In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.