Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,248 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance (730 Views)

Wenger Insists Arsenal Are "In Good Shape" Despite Woeful Start To The Season / Copa America : Messi Blames Poor state of Pitches On His Woeful Performances / Chelsea Fc.Woeful Performance @City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 6:26am On Jan 24, 2022
Something has been bothering me.

Why can't our players master their art..??

I'm seriously wondering why.

Whatever you practice consistently you perfect.

So why is it difficult to have our players kick a football straight into the net despite having plied their trade for years?

So called professionals shoot wide off target and expect a clap. After So many years of playing

The reason is the same lack of commitment that plagues the black man. Both CR and Messi are known to spend great lengths of time on specific practice to perfect a particular skill.

What does the Nigerian player do? No plan, no intentionally designed scheme to perfect say...their shooting skills in front of goal.

We get plagued by this year in year out and even the coaches can't look in that direction.

Show me one finisher we had in this team...maybe iheanacho who is not even playing far in front.

This isvthe same thing plaguing us in many sectors, no practiceto perfect our skills, once small money stsrts coming in we become complacent

I'm ashamed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by newbornmacho(m): 6:28am On Jan 24, 2022
Modernizer:
Something has been bothering me.

Why can't our players master their art..??

I'm seriously wondering why.

Whatever you practice consistently you perfect.

So why is it difficult to have our players kick a football straight into the net despite having plied their trade for years?

So called professionals shoot wide off target and expect a clap. After So many years of playing

The reason is the same lack of commitment that plagues the black man. Both CR and Messi are known to spend great lengths of time on specific practice to perfect a particular skill.

What does the Nigerian player do? No plan, no intentionally designed scheme to perfect say...their shooting skills in front of goal.

We get plagued by this year in year out and even the coaches can't look in that direction.

Show me one finisher we had in this team...maybe iheanacho who is not even playing far in front.

This isvthe same thing plaguing us in many sectors, no practiceto perfect our skills, once small money stsrts coming in we become complacent

I'm ashamed

You sure say you sleep last night

Well on the topic...its as you said a plague of black people, lack of commitment and passion to hone a skill until you become perfect in it.

See our country , people learn a trade for just a fraction of the time required and then rush off to open a shop and start making money.

The super eagles been falling hand since

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 6:34am On Jan 24, 2022
newbornmacho:

You sure say you sleep last night

Well on the topic...its as you said a plague of black people, lack of commitment and passion to hone a skill until you become perfect in it.

See our country , people learn a trade for just a fraction of the time required and then rush off to open a shop and start making money.

The super eagles been falling hand since

its annoying. someone who plays football for a living , consistently kicks a ball wide of target...

its like a doctor always prescribing the wrong drug or dose....

how can that be excused for God sake

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by newbornmacho(m): 6:38am On Jan 24, 2022
Modernizer:

its annoying. someone who plays football for a living , consistently kicks a ball wide of target...

its like a doctor always prescribing the wrong drug or dose....

how can that be excused for God sake

It can't be excused. The earlier we stopped celebrating mediocrity the better for us.

You will still see people giving silly excuses for them.

Why should we expect anything less than sterling performance from professionals in their field?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 6:39am On Jan 24, 2022
newbornmacho:

It can't be excused. The earlier we stopped celebrating mediocrity the better for us.

You will still see people giving silly excuses for them.

Why should we expect anything less than sterling performance from professionals in their field?

If that match had gone into penalties, the score line would have been greater against Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by newbornmacho(m): 6:41am On Jan 24, 2022
Modernizer:

If that match had gone into penalties, the score line would have been greater against Nigeria

Exactly.

Our goalkeeper is hopeless

Our players can't shoot straight cry cry

Which kind problem be this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 6:42am On Jan 24, 2022
newbornmacho:

Exactly.

Our goalkeeper is hopeless

Our players can't shoot straight cry cry

Which kind problem be this

just succeded in spoiling somebodys day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by rottennaija(m): 7:07am On Jan 24, 2022
Nigerians were over hyping these team because they won 3 straight games in the group stage. They forgot that playing North African opponent is quite different from playing Central or South or western African opponent. Nigeria has never been faring well playing these North Africans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by insidelife22(m): 7:25am On Jan 24, 2022
rottennaija:
Nigerians were over hyping these team because they won 3 straight games in the group stage. They forgot that playing North African opponent is quite different from playing Central or South or western African opponent. Nigeria has never been faring well playing these North Africans.
.have you forgotten we beat same Tunisian team in the last Edition?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by helinues: 7:28am On Jan 24, 2022
Where did you get that word Woeful from?

Was that a woeful performance?

Is football no longer about winning and loosing plus luck at a side?

Wondering why some people are just too emotional about things including entertainment
Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 7:50am On Jan 24, 2022
rottennaija:

won 3 games with below par teams.

rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 7:52am On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:
Where did you get that word Woeful from?

Was that a woeful performance?

Is football no longer about winning and loosing plus luck at a side?

Wondering why some people are just too emotional about things including entertainment

How many shots Did our strikers have on target....professional strikers

How many goals did our keeper save?

How many chances did we bungle?

This was a woeful team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 7:53am On Jan 24, 2022
insidelife22:

I get am before no be property

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by tonididdy(m): 8:22am On Jan 24, 2022
@OPsame thing baffles me about football and it's stars UNTIL...

During club player unveiling and certain advertisement, you would see a star repeatedly do a skill accurately in same manner ( like hitting the bar repeatedly from a long distance, or scoring a goal through a hung car tire, or knocking off a can from a position in every trial).

Then on the pitch, he would miss a one on one chance or an open net even...

REASON: pressure
all humans buckle under pressure, during the match I said it before the Tunisians scored that the Tunisians were gaining momentum from the lack of inability from the SE to even get a shot on target in the first 30mins considering themselves (Tunisians) as handicapped in that match.
Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by rottennaija(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2022
insidelife22:

And you could not beat a team ravaged by covid19 and the head coach not participating

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 9:20am On Jan 24, 2022
tonididdy:
@OPsame thing baffles me about football and it's stars UNTIL...

During club player unveiling and certain advertisement, you would see a star repeatedly do a skill accurately in same manner ( like hitting the bar repeatedly from a long distance, or scoring a goal through a hung car tire, or knocking off a can from a position in every trial).

Then on the pitch, he would miss a one on one chance or an open net even...

REASON: pressure
all humans buckle under pressure, during the match I said it before the Tunisians scored that the Tunisians were gaining momentum from the lack of inability from the SE to even get a shot on target in the first 30mins considering themselves (Tunisians) as handicapped in that match.

Pressure is not an excuse because its part of what should be prepared for.

It's like doctors giving excuse of pressure for failing in a surgery.

What makes you a professional then?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by tonididdy(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
Modernizer:

Pressure is not an excuse because its part of what should be prepared for.

It's like doctors giving excuse of pressure for failing in a surgery.

What makes you a professional then?
Doctors don't have pressure during surgeries.
That demands 100% focus... That is so so different scenario
Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 4:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
tonididdy:

Doctors don't have pressure during surgeries.
That demands 100% focus... That is so so different scenario

What do you mean? I'm a doctor so what are you talking about?
Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by tonididdy(m): 6:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
Modernizer:

What do you mean? I'm a doctor so what are you talking about?
U're a quack doctor!
Pls where's the pressure?
Pressure to cut umbilical cord? grin
Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
tonididdy:

U're a quack doctor!
Pls where's the pressure?
Pressure to cut umbilical cord? grin

The jealousy is real....the jealousy is real

Next time use words you understand...useless f.00.l that doesn't know the meaning of pressure

Go and collect change from the useless community diploma college you attended

grin grin

Updated....I didn't know I'm talking to a barber....who can't manage a barbing shop and it's dyinggggggg....no wonder the jealousy

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by tonididdy(m): 12:37am On Jan 25, 2022
Modernizer:

The jealousy is real....the jealousy is real

Next time use words you understand...useless f.00.l that doesn't know the meaning of pressure

Go and collect change from the useless community diploma college you attended

grin grin

Updated....I didn't know I'm talking to a barber....who can't manage a barbing shop and it's dyinggggggg....no wonder the jealousy

grin grin grin jealousy kwa?
Where did you leave your brain?

Keep digging my profile but you my friend are a quack doctor, period!
You have pressure to decide if to prescribe panadol or tramadol hahaha....
Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by tonididdy(m): 12:39am On Jan 25, 2022
Modernizer:

What do you mean? I'm a quack doctor so what are you talking about?
Yes you are... You prolly have a second degree in native doctoring grin grin
Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by newbornmacho(m): 6:53am On Jan 25, 2022
tonididdy:

grin grin grin jealousy kwa?
Where did you leave your brain?

Keep digging my profile but you my friend are a quack doctor, period!
You have pressure to decide if to prescribe panadol or tramadol hahaha....

Your mkpurummiri native doctor friends that patronise your barber shop have made you see tramadol everywhere even in your dreams...that can't be his fault

In your next life God might just answer your long fasting and prayer of passing JAMB with enough score to study medicine...until then, in this life be content with barking and barbing, and don't chook mouth in medical issues...e nor fit you

Hahaha...tramadol and meth barber

Tueh...

Modernizer just ended your career
Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 6:56am On Jan 25, 2022
newbornmacho:

Your mkpurummiri native doctor friends that patronise your barber shop have made you see tramadol everywhere even in your dreams...that can't be my fault

In your next life God might just answer your long fasting and prayer of passing JAMB with enough score to study medicine...until then, in this life be content with barking and barbing, and don't chook mouth in medical issues...e nor fit you

Tueh... ;

grin grin grin
Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by Modernizer: 7:02am On Jan 25, 2022
tonididdy:

Yes you are... You prolly have a second degree in native doctoring grin grin

cheesy cheesy grin tongue

Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by tonididdy(m): 9:25am On Jan 25, 2022
newbornmacho:

Your mkpurummiri native doctor friends that patronise your barber shop have made you see tramadol everywhere even in your dreams...that can't be his fault

Tueh...

Lol you even have a second handle to backup your stupidity and give yourself lost hope.
I don't even want to go to your profile to dig out the lies from that pit you call hole.
Doctor my foot... cheesy
Re: Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance by newbornmacho(m): 9:55am On Jan 25, 2022
tonididdy:

Lol you even have a second handle to backup your stupidity and give yourself lost hope.
I don't even want to go to your profile to dig out the lies from that pit you call hole.
Doctor my foot... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Correct Score And Ht/ft Expert Vips From Top Football Prediction App / Ilot.ng Is Very Reliable / Own A Multi Million Dollar Betting Exchange For Africa Users!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.