Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? (5141 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo's Son Flaunts His Father's Ferrari / Who Is Africas All Time Best Midfielder : Yaya Toure Or Jay Jay Okocha? / Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by nightrider: 10:49am On Feb 16, 2006
If you were a coach and you could have only one person in your team Kanu or Jay Jay who would you want and why?

Please note lets assume both are in top form, playing fantastic football and you can pick only one.

I would pick Kanu. who would you pick

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by nykexxx(m): 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2006
hey,my name is ****** and i think kanu will be better because okocha is no that good anymore did you see how he played in africa nation cup with ivery coast(cote d voire)

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by nightrider: 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2006
i know he's terrible now. Old age has caught up with him,

But i'm asking if he was still in form say the jay jay of France 98 vs the kanu of the first two seasons in Arsenal, who would you pick.

I'd pick Kanu because most of his good moves result in goals not all jay jays moves result in goals.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by babwilms(m): 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2006
KANU shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as Jay jay. i choose Jay jay okocha anytime anyday, the guy is simply the greatest footballer ever to come out of Africa and one of the best in the world anytime anyday. U cant mention greatest footballers and forget jay jay but u can forget kanu. So for this reason i choose jay jay. Though i think he had little achievements(winning trophies and other things) due to going to the wrong clubs each time and been cheated when it comes to player of the year in africa, still he made impact in all those clubs and they can never forget his marks> Jay jay can change a game even when its nt his day. U know what? PEOPLE SIMPLY COME TO THE STADIUN TO WATCH JAY JAY NT NIGERIA,BOLTON OR HIS PAST CLUBS.

Jay jay should be mentioned in the same breath as Zidane, Denis Bergkamp, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Thierry Henry, Romario, Patric Vieira, Batistuta, Maradona, David GINOLA, u can obviously see kanu dont fit into these calibre of footballers. Though kanu has more achievements to his name than jay jay
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by nightrider: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2006
Jay Jay fantastic player no doubt, but in his prime didn't always drive his teams to win games.

Kanu was a winner. If Jay Jay was so good he would have played for a team that could win titles, but none of them wanted him.

inter needed court order to get kanu out of ajax.

his titles champions league, uefa cup with inter,
3 FA cups, # premiership titles, Fifa Youth 93 title, Captained Niaja to olympic title. 2 times african footballer of the year

and recently the savior of the super eagles , Jay Jay couldn't do this.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by babwilms(m): 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2006
No doubt Kanu won alot titles but jay jay made alot of mistakes in his career like i said but jay jay can change a game anytime anyday and kanu shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as him. If KANU was that good why was he on the bench through out his time with INTER before Arsene Wenger redeemed him by getting him out of their
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by lowo(m): 7:19pm On Feb 23, 2006
Kanu to me is Nigeria's greatest of all time. however the contributios of Okocha to Nigeria football will foorever be notify,
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by skima(m): 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2006
if it will for full time i'd chosed okocha, but for last munite glory, na papilo, the guy is a lucky guy.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by lowo(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2006
WENGER didnt want Kanu to go, Kanu can change anything in football, remeber the 3 goals in 15 against the blues? the atlanta winning gold? KANU IS SIMPLY THE BEST EVER, SORI KING KANU
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by lowo(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2006
SKIMA, i like you , King kanu is the guy
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by lowo(m): 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2006
KaNU, IF YOU LIKE CALL AM KUNU, all i know is that is the greatest ever, he get something out of nothin
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by nightrider: 9:31am On Feb 24, 2006
thank you jo! what Kanu did against Chelsea Jay Jay couldnt have done, Thats why i say if i were a coach and had a choice of both of them in top form I'd pick Kanu. see what he did to brazil in atlanta 96. Jay Jay can't be trusted to turn a game around like that. He might display skills and beautiful tricks but it might not always lead to a victory.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by babwilms(m): 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2006
Jay Jay is not much of a goal getter but all he needs is a good finisher playing infront of him. He does the hard work and leaves the rest to the strikers to finish and sometimes he does take them. I chose Okocha all the way except he hasn't got much luck compare to Kanu. Did u watch nigeria vs cameroun (year 2000), Nigeria vs Denmark (1998) and Nigeria vs England ( those games were Okocha vs those countries) when nigeria were nt playing their best, plus u cant afford to leave Okocha out of any team he's in, u do so at ur loss but Kanu u can always leave him out of the team. What about the loving memories he left with millions of fans around the globe back in his days while in Germany, Turkey, France 98, USA 94 and Tunisia 2002 and 2004. Still one of the top 30 best footballers ever and Kanu is outside this range

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by Merc: 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2011
Kanu was a phnemenon but Jay Jay was more skillful. Kanu had that glossy touch and he was sheer class. A class act anyday but Jay Jay could mesmerise with his dribbles. Kanu was extremely effective but Jay Jay made fans get the full worth of their money. I watched both players live several times at the National Stadium Lagos. I also watched Kanu once at the old Arsenal ground (Highbury). Interestingly Jay Jay seem more popular abroad than Kanu. They belong to the golden era of Nigerian football.

It's difficult picking one ahead of the other. They were both quality players but i reluctantly give Kanu the edge. It's very narrow but i give it to King KANU!!!

cool

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by moonraker(m): 6:24am On Aug 03, 2011
Anybody remember Nigeria vs Cameroun at the nations cup quarter final in SA.

Do u remember that killer pass from kanu that linked utaka for him to score??

Jesus take the wheel. that is a play maker!!!
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by kolaoloye(m): 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2011
What do you have to learn from Kanu?Many young players today are praying to be as skillful and popular as JayJay.
Kanu is good but don't compare him with the master dribbler.The difference is clear. grin
If you doubt it ask Ronaldinho

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by babyboy3(m): 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
Kanu for 15 years in Europe he was a bench warmer
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by Mynd44: 10:46am On Aug 04, 2011
It is too close. I don't think I can pick one over the other.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by Hambolaj01(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2011
I will always pick OKocha. Without doubt, Kanu is the most decorated Nigerian player but Okocha is the most celebrated. It is as simple as that.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? by Hambolaj01(m): 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2011
moonraker:

Anybody remember Nigeria vs Cameroun at the nations cup quarter final in SA.

Do u remember that killer pass from kanu that linked utaka for him to score??

Jesus take the wheel. that is a play maker!!!

That pass is great, no doubt. But did you remember the goal against Cameroon in Lagos in 2000?{Nation's cup final}? There were so many killer passes that the Master dribbler had given out. He is a better player though very unlucky or probably unserious.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Andre Dede Ayew Is BBC African Footballer Of 2011 / Kobe Bryant Death Was Predicted in an Old Cartoon video and a Twitter User / How To Watch All Dstv Channels For Free In 2023 Using Ultratv App.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.