Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry (21661 Views)

Sammie Okposo: Cheating Is Bad At His Level & What He Stands For - Ubi Franklin / Bolanle Olukanni, Jay-Jay Okocha & Kanu Nwankwo Strike A Pose / Bolanle Olukanni Shows Her Stretch Marks, Preaches Self-love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Anniversary: 4:08pm On Jan 25, 2022
Nigerian media personality, Bolanle Olukanni, has condemned ministers of God who continue heading their ministries after engaging in extra-marital affairs.

The TV presenter made her comments via her Twitter page on Tuesday after popular Gospel artiste, Sammie Okposo publicly confessed to cheating on his wife.

On his Instagram page, the singer disclosed that in late 2021, he had an affair with a lady when he travelled to the United States. He also apologised to his wife and announced that he was stepping down from his ministry for some time.

Using Okposo’s actions as an example, Olukanni opined that ministers of God caught in a similar web must step down from leadership, and hold themselves accountable for their actions.

In her tweet, she criticised ministers and pastors who “feel like they can cheat and go on like all is well.”

She continued, “It is not well! Cheating is a violation that is so deep and a reflection of a deep disconnect with where you should be spiritually.

“When you cheat and you are in a moral position, you must step away from Ministry! You have to! And also it’s so important to hold yourself accountable and confess. When something is in the dark let it come to the light so that there is healing!

“Yes he did a horrible thing, and now he has made steps to restore and heal. You can’t be cheating and still ministering even if you have repented.”

She stated that stepping down would allow such persons to have moments of introspection to discover the true reasons for their misconduct.

“Leave the ministry and go and ask yourself why were you cheating. Find the foundation of your relationship with God before your lead others,” she said.

https://punchng.com/sammie-okposo-pastors-who-cheat-must-step-down-from-ministry-tv-presenter-bolanle-olukanni/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Bola146(f): 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2022
Exactly why I can't marry a pastor lipsrsealed lipsrsealed some they are worse than a weed smoker undecided this generation is just something else, most of them pretend to be pastors but they are ishhhhh... sad Unless they are caught

Modified; youths of nowadays can't endure or go through what those old pastors went through. They are the in church now destroying the strong foundation those old pastors laid. Look at those ladies that came out naming some pastors having affairs with them undecided which is not ones or twice lipsrsealed

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by festacman(m): 4:35pm On Jan 25, 2022
On the flip side, I have a feeling that Sammie Okposo had serious challenge with his wife and walked away into the arms of this American mistress. His wife tearfully reported him to his spiritual mentors who coerced him to make a U-turn. He in turn wanted to use the negative story to become a spiritual hero by boldly issuing public apology.

The issue is that as far as the problem with his wife persists, the sparks or incentive that attracted him to his American mistress will still take him back to America. And it may just a permanent relocation. This is no-brainer because from the mistress' statement and body language, the relationship was neither a one-night stand nor a casual affair.

By the way, Sammie Okposo is a gifted singer just like Wizkid and Davido who chose to sing about Jesus. He is no angel. The word "Ministry" is overrated and widely abused.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by MufasaLion: 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
I'm better than most clerics.

4 Likes

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Iyaweh: 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
Seriously, it’s getting too disgraceful

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by olabrad: 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
Lolz. Fatoyinbo and Suleiman must not hear this

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
They all cheat one way or the other.. undecided
Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Mko123(m): 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2022
Should we start frying garrium oxide on this matter now?

We all know that puna is no respecter of anybody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2022
Some Naija men can never do without cheating.
Thank God for some of them that respect their wives, families and respect themselves.

Those cheaters we are talking about,
when they are confronted with cheating,
they minimize, rationalize, and justify their behavior with statements like:

Every guy wants to have sex with other women. And when the opportunity arises, he takes it.

It’s a man’s biological imperative to have sex with as many women as he can. Why should I be any different?

If I got enough (or better) sex at home, I wouldn’t need to cheat.

I’m not doing anything that most of my friends don’t do. If you don’t believe me, ask them.

If my wife hadn’t gained so much weight—or if she was nicer to me, or more attentive—I wouldn’t have even thought about going elsewhere.

Who would call getting a lap dance in a strip club cheating? It’s just what guys do for fun.

And as we see on this forum on a daily basis,
If the police had been out chasing some bad guys, I wouldn’t have gotten caught in that brothel, Why don’t they go after some real criminals?

I’m only sexting and flirting. Where’s the harm in that? I don’t meet up with any of these women in person. It’s just a game.

When some of us @MANNA were in the therapy business, we have a name for this type of reasoning, it is called : Denial.

From a psychotherapy perspective, denial is a series of internal lies and deceits people tell themselves to make their questionable behaviors seem OKAY (at least in their own minds).
Typically, each self-deception is supported by one or more rationalizations, with each one bolstered by still more falsehoods.

The murder case of Chidinma comes to mind.
God save our men from killer women!

SAY NO TO CHEATING.

daylay7:
Nice one. And thanks
You are always welcome.
We will always stand on the side of the truth as long as we are here.
Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth.
God bless your marriage.
Great things loading for you and wifey.

On Sammie Okposo's case....
Yes he did a horrible thing,
and now he has made steps to restore and heal.
You can’t be cheating and still ministering even if you have repented.

blinking001:
The fact that he slept with another woman outside of his marriage does not necessarily mean he cheated on his wife. Men don't cheat. They only exercise options. Sammy Okposo was only exercising his options. He never cheated on his wife. Women are the only gender that cheats.
I find it really surprising that he had to apologise to his wife and the public for a crime he never committed. Masculinity has gone to the dogs.
People dey ooo......

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Aidejay(m): 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2022
The thing wey dey shock me pass for this whole issue na

SAMMIE OKPOSO TOO SEFF DEY LASH

Some people go die of singleness!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Righteousness2(m): 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
The koko is that the Fear of GOD is lost in this our generation!

If you have the Fear of GOD, you cannot have the Mind to go minister if you have fallen!
The Fear of GOD won't let you do it.

Unfortunately today, you have so called men of GOD Boldly living in Fornication and adultery , still Ministring and giving reasons why they did it.

12 Likes

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Akinsete19(m): 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
Religious people are the worst set of human beings to deal with in Nigeria. I don't know of other countries.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by IpobAntidote: 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
Step down for what?
Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Alanni: 9:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
If there's no sin there won't be forgiveness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by noble2faith(m): 9:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
You are bound to fall into temptation if you call yourself into ministry when God does not call you.

Gone are those days when pastors re God's representative on Earth. The pastors, then, were called by God. Unlike nowadays where some folks, after having good knowledge about the Bible and coupled with oratory skills, call themselves into ministry. This set of people do not have what it takes to pastor a graveyard, not to talk of a church.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by babyfaceafrica: 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
Who made you the judge?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by FalseProphet1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
Most times female members are the ones who offer themselves to their pastors freely, some even go as far as ràping the pastor. May God deliver we pastors and prophets from these daughters of eve.

This I have seen.

12 Likes

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
These days, anyone who tells me that he is either a pastor or an Imam has automatically become a suspect to me. Religion is a scam.

9 Likes

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Ekenev2(m): 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
One day I was with some ladies, I told them I can't marry a girl that is close to any man of God, and I won't allow my daughter to be close to any of them. They gave me the surprise look but I have my reasons.

These men of gods are worst than serpent.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
Okposo,a man I honour so much but whatever might be the reason for this grievous mistakes..this had brought stains to his ministry And I pray God forgives him and restores him back.This spot will never leave forever

4 Likes

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Bahamas95(m): 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
For the next 1month we nor go hear word cos of Okposo matter......Nigerians catch cruise with anything. grin

Dem don forget Tiwa Savage matter, Okposo ti takeover.
Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by blesdman(m): 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
Let him(Bolanle) shut up his mouth. Is it everything people must tweet about?
Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by densiks: 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
Even people where fit dey abuse cucumber go follow put mouth for okposo bleeping spree

4 Likes

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2022
MufasaLion:
I'm better than most clerics.

You do realize some of the falls clerics experience are spiritual attacks? They are the targets of all manners of temptations, it takes the Grace of God you know. We must always pray for them, especially the good ones left

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Govocrete: 9:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
As long as we are human, we are likely to fall into temptation. Pastors are humans like us, they are not a God.

He who is without sin should cast a stone.

Jesus said, your sins are forgiven. Go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by greenie77: 9:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sighs...
Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Nostring: 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hypocrites go com fr her head...set awon pastors defenders

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Sunsets: 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
If this Bolanle"s recommendation becomes a rule, are sure ushers won't take over the pulpit. Even ushers sef, this will go down the order and empty the church.
Anniversary:

https://punchng.com/sammie-okposo-pastors-who-cheat-must-step-down-from-ministry-tv-presenter-bolanle-olukanni/
Re: Bolanle Olukanni On Sammie Okposo: Cheating Pastors Must Step Down From Ministry by Agricmoney(m): 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
hmm

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Kuti's Kids Win At Their School's Sports Event (photos) / Daddy Showkey Celebrates Birthday With Throwback Photo Of His Mum And Dad / Gossipmilnaija And Celebrities Celebrate Tunde Ednut On His Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.