Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Riches and the Eye of the Camel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Riches and the Eye of the Camel (754 Views)

A Saudi Man Arrested For Selling Own Urine Instead Of Camel Urine / Does God Gives Riches And Wealth / The Camel And The Tele-evangelist: Which Can Go Through The Eye Of A Needle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riches and the Eye of the Camel by kokoye(m): 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2011
Matthew 19:24:

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Mark 10:25:

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

For those of us who read the the bible and believe in every word (especially in the new testament), I believe we have come accross these passages a few times, although it may not be mentioned that much again in our 'new world' churches.  But I believe those words are self explanatory.

I tried to force a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle and it was impossible.

Heck, I even tried to pass a needle thru the eye of a camel and it was unimaginable

I agree it is tough to pass thru this world as a poor man (poverty is now a curse - you must be a sinner if you are not wealthy) - John the Baptist would be stoned to death if he came to this new world cos he would be looked upon as poor and evil.

I think the issue is that, once you pile up wealth, your focus changes from the kingdown of God to maintaining that wealth . .just my thought.
Re: Riches and the Eye of the Camel by kokoye(m): 3:26pm On Jun 21, 2011
So my question is: why do the same people who live in and out of the bible try to pile up wealth and riches here on earth?
Re: Riches and the Eye of the Camel by dare2think: 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^^^^^

That is the delusion and hypocrisy going on in the "new age" church you indicated. Just wait, their apologists would come and give us their own views on the "eye of the needle". But am sure if Jesus intended to say something different, he would simply have said it.

His instructions were clear enough, and for clarity he mentioned it twice.
Re: Riches and the Eye of the Camel by kokoye(m): 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2011
God help us.
Re: Riches and the Eye of the Camel by JeSoul(f): 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2011
kokoye:

So my question is: why do the same people who live in and out of the bible try to pile up wealth and riches here on earth?

Kokoye of a guy, what kind of question is this ehn?

Have you not read in your bible that christians own the world? You're not piling up riches but merely reclaiming your inheritance in Christ. You better go quick to Aso rock and remind Goodluck that he is sitting in your mansion. Go to the French embassy and remind them the coast of southern france is yours and you're there to collect your land title. Central bank? na you get am. They're just holding it and piling it up until you come and claim it. Don't go to NASA sha and ask for certificate there - it is only the world that is ours - I don't think it extends to space and other planets.
Re: Riches and the Eye of the Camel by kokoye(m): 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^^

If only I understood your words. sarcasm?
Re: Riches and the Eye of the Camel by JeSoul(f): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2011
^my brother sorry jor. Yes, its sarcasm. See here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-695106.32.html#msg8562249
Re: Riches and the Eye of the Camel by kokoye(m): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^ got you. wink
Re: Riches and the Eye of the Camel by dare2think: 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
@ Jesoul

Nice sarcastic tone,( Just imagined it in stewie griffins voice)

Hilarious,

By the way, they better go to the UN and claim the seats from them, since they own the world.
Re: Riches and the Eye of the Camel by Enigma(m): 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2011
Let me point you guys to one of the related doctrines of "Christians own all the wealth".

That one is called the "End Time Wealth Transfer": it takes a Bible verse and says "the wealth of the wicked is stored up (or laid up?) for the righteous"wink

Believe me when I tell you that many WoFers are truly waiting to inherit the wealth of non-Christians --- as part of this end time transfer of wealth from the "wicked" to the "righteous"!

EDIT it doesn't occur to them to ask whatever happened to "love thy neighbour".
Re: Riches and the Eye of the Camel by kokoye(m): 8:29pm On Jun 21, 2011
Again, Matthew 19:24 ought to sort it all out . .except were not reading from the same bible . .or it is no longer the standard:

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Try pushing a camel thru the eye of a needle.

(1) (Reply)

a c / Funny / What Is The Meaning Of Apologetics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.