Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries (12271 Views)

UAE Lifts Visa Bans On Nigerians / UAE Lifts Ban On Passengers Travelling From Nigeria / Nigerian Man From Ebonyi Dies In Italy Along With 11 Other Migrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Ebubu: 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
The United Arab Emirates has announced plans to lift its entry and transit ban on travellers who had recently visited Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Ethiopia and eight other African countries.

The lifting of the ban was made known on Wednesday by the National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Emergency Management Authority (NCEMA).

The ban was initially imposed in light of the Omicron variant of COVID-19.

“From January 29, entry into the UAE for arrivals from Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Nigeria, the Republic of the Congo, the Republic of South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia and Zimbabwe is allowed again,” NCEMA said on Twitter.

The initial ban covered travellers who had visited certain African countries in the previous 14 days.

The changes will come into effect at 2:30pm on Saturday, January 29.

Other countries to be affected by the lift include Tanzania, Republic of Congo, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia and Zimbabwe.

Under the new regulations, while travellers will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR test 48 hours prior to departure and a negative rapid-PCR test at the departure airport, those travelling from Uganda, Ghana and Rwanda will also have to take the three tests. Passengers will also be tested on arrival.
https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/01/27/uae-resumes-entry-for-travelers-from-nigeria-others/?amp=1

2 Likes

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by eherbal(m): 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2022
Owu wipe dem,dem lift ban. Africa to the world grin

12 Likes

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2022
Lol cheesy, him vex remove our post above, on to what end?
Seun Osewa take note!

Ekakamba:
This COVID come make international trips very uneasy. undecided
So, How many countries have you visited Ekakamba?

Just a simple honest question biko

8 Likes 9 Shares

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Ekakamba: 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
This COVID come make international trips very uneasy. undecided

2 Likes

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by DropsMic(m): 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
Ordinary UAE of yesterday

UAE is proof that what good leadership cannot do does not exist

And Black Africa is proof that what bad leadership cannot do does not exits.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by naijaboy756: 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
Deira here i come...

for massage and happy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hahahahah

2 Likes

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Baawaa(m): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
This is a good news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by TimeTraveller: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nigeria no kuku beg dem.
Na dem place ban, na dem carry dem hand lift am grin grin grin
Soon, Africans will realise that the rest of the world needs us.
You see this dependency theory wey the West dey propagate, e go soon cast.

8 Likes

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Blackie46(m): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
Fear Sapa... Nothing resets the brain more than sapa. They for no review am nah.
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Skidee: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
They want to make more money from us.
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by osuofia2(m): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
Now wey Yemenis de bomb there na im dem de lift ban. We no want again

1 Like

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Onesand4all: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
Very good
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by sojil67240: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
Na who you help?
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by eherbal(m): 2:47pm On Jan 27, 2022
post=109735251:
Allen
........... Avenue
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:47pm On Jan 27, 2022
DropsMic:
Ordinary UAE of yesterday

UAE is proof that what good leadership cannot do does not exist

And Black Africa is proof that what bad leadership cannot do does not exits.
Na UAE u dey call ordinary?!
UAE no be ya mate o.....

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Chiefecho(m): 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
Go inform your politicians
Cause it's none of our business
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
eherbal:
........... Avenue
Lol cheesy
U get mouth like kettle.

God bless you.
Go's bless Nigeria.

Nigeria will succeed in our lifetime

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by OfficialAwol(m): 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
I hope they also start issuing working permit to Nigerians because naija guys are suffering over there.
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
That's nice
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Help2020: 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
post=109735241:
Nice one.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo for all they are doing to make this once battered and looted.

Congratulations to Allen Onyema.

This is Beautiful.

Let's hear from the horse's mouth....

The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Air Peace Airlines, Allen Onyema, says it is untrue to say that President Muhammadu Buhari does not like the Igbos.

Onyema defended his viewpoint on Saturday on the grounds that his airline had hugely benefited from the current administration.

I’m a beneficiary of Buhari’s kindness to Igbos – Air Peace boss

“I thank God for our President, Muhammadu Buhari, it is very untrue that he does not like the Igbo.
Without me being a member of his party, or any party, I am a beneficiary of his support for indigenous businesses.

“The Federal Government of Nigeria has given me destinations they have never given anybody, yet I am an Igbo man, from Anambra,” Onyema said on an interview with Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS).

Furthermore, he stressed that people should not read negative meanings to the good works of the Buhari administration.

“I don’t know anybody, I don’t have any godfather, President Buhari through his minister, Hadi Sirika, has given me China, London, Portugal, the entire Europe, United States and India.
“He’s even given me Jedda, and I’m not a Muslim; the government has given me about twenty destinations to fly to.”

He added that;
“The President wants equal economic development everywhere.”

These are the Great and True Igbo men true igbos listen to.

More from Air Peace Boss below...... in his own words
They headlines says one thing and you jump straight to another. What rule did your Darling president played in lifting ban on south African and Ethiopian?

5 Likes

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Sicilyjoe: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2022
naijaboy756:
Sharjah here i come...

for massage and happy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hahahahah

What massage are u talking about in sharja
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Antoeni(m): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2022
Fuvk YOU UAE ,who beg Una

1 Like

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Ifeedu: 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2022
Finally.. now I need to plan a trip
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by seunny4lif(m): 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2022
Can they remove the restrictions on working permit for Nigerians?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Muyiwaipere(m): 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2022
Them don dey broke small small... But no be that one we dey follow them talk joor..We need work permit
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by KazikageSama: 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2022
Lol. I won't be surprised if some dude try to call this a Buhari achievement like he called them to unban Uganda, Zim , SA etc also.
In fact had he called the UAE, the ban might have lasted for another 2years.
Re: UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries by Akinsete19(m): 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2022
Oya na

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC Warns Officers Against Chasing Erring Drivers / Right Of Way Recovery, Relocation Of Services Delay Lagos Light Rail Project / Tankers On Fire At Ijora, Apapa Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.