Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,034 members, 7,845,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog (1413 Views)

Male And Female Tibetan Mastiffs For Sale Landed From Russia Already In Lagos 2m / Guard Dog Prevents Armed Policeman From Jumping Into Compound (video) / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by Nigerianlad: 11:29am On Jan 29, 2022
Thinking of selling my 11 month gsd cause he isn't that aggressive but very hyper tho
Is a neapolitan mastiff aggressive?

Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by blackboy(m): 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2022
Yes. But i have seen crazily aggressive wild and wicked gsd. I weak that day. So I think it is training ot genes.

Just the sight and size of a dog like a neo sends fear in many

1 Like

Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by harmargedon: 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
Dogs being aggressive is hereditary, mastiff dogs are just scary to strangers based in their size, but many are docile and friendly in nature. Train your dog, and he'll be exactly what you want.
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by laluski(m): 2:14pm On Jan 29, 2022
I have a year plus Gsd..crazy Dog. Don kill five of my neighbors turkeys and ate them RAW..when in a cage and a stranger enters and he starts barking, he'll starting biting his cage made of wood to tear it apart and attack you..trust me the sight of that film no go wan make u come back.. he's developed a fine taste of blood.don bite even my own kids..na only me and my wife dey near am..even at that he change am for my wife one day when I traveled and one of my neighbors turkey stroll pass him change and he grabbed it and started eating it immediately, my wife quickly tried to pry the bird from him mouth...see changing...she jus leave am jejely...when samething happened when I happened to be around, I took it without issues 2 different times..he dey chance my 7 months full breed boerboel Wei big big pass am and stronger..so like someone said here it's HEREDITARY

2 Likes

Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by Nigerianlad: 2:54pm On Jan 29, 2022
thanks for the replies
what is the price range of a big and muscular boerboel or neapolitan mastiff
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by harmargedon: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2022
Nigerianlad:
thanks for the replies
what is the price range of a big and muscular boerboel or neapolitan mastiff
150k and above
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by Nigerianlad: 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2022
harmargedon:
150k and above
for boerboels?
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by Taystee: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2022
Nigerianlad:
Thinking of selling my 11 month gsd cause he isn't that aggressive but very hyper tho

For the fact that your gsd isn't aggressive,it is quite possible when you get a neopolitan mastiff is not going to be aggressive as well, from my own view,you must have socialize your current dog that could be the reason for him not to be aggressive.
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by Taystee: 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2022
harmargedon:
Dogs being aggressive is hereditary, mastiff dogs are just scary to strangers based in their size, but many are docile and friendly in nature. Train your dog, and he'll be exactly what you want.

Had in been the OP didn't post the image of his gsd,I would be thinking it may not be a pure bred gsd.

Hereditary has nothing to do with this, gsd are known to be a guard dog,it might be the OP's fault.
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by Nigerianlad: 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2022
Taystee:

Had in been the OP didn't post the image of his gsd,I would be thinking it may not be a pure bred gsd.

Hereditary has nothing to do with this, gsd are known to be a guard dog,it might be the OP's fault.
I have another gsd but he's very protective and level headed only barking when the need arises but still doesn't play with strange people which I like, the problem ain't with me
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by Mckandre(m): 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2022
Nigerianlad:
your GSD is still very much young to expect all these from him sir. he's just a juvenile already craving to explore life but still unsure of his physical strength and attributes. You should have it at the back of ur mind that a full mentally and physically matured GSD takes upto 2-3yrs. At this young age of 11 months he's still acts like a puppy, all you have to do is to enjoy his playful puppyhood nature while it last, a time will come when u would wish he was still that little puppy that's extraordinary cute and troublesome.
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by dayon2012: 10:34am On Jan 30, 2022
Hello op, your dog is quite young but still not too young to bark. Different dogs bark at different times due to their Gene's, training or the influence of another alpha dog that barks around them.
My first dog a gsd is really good at barking, he could do it for as long as it is required of him. He doesnt get tired. I noticed that the second dog a rottweiler, that was friendly and super playful was influenced and had started barking by the 7th month, even the new addition, a samoyed, although older barks more than it usually did when it arrived because of the influence of the other 2 dogs.
So maybe in addition to what everyone has said , you may need your dog to be around another one that barks and you will be surprised that your dog has alot of barks in it more than you can imagine.
I would have loved to help but I presently dont have space for an additional dog as I already has three with me.
Lastly, pls dont sell your dog, you have a lovely dog there, just give it time and if you want it barking soon, contact me and let see what we can work out . But then as a last thought you may want to find out info about its parents, if they do bark then it's only a matter of time or circumstances and your dog will start to bark and if you need it to, it will start to be aggresive
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by Maxitomxane(m): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2022
laluski:
I have a year plus Gsd..crazy Dog. Don kill five of my neighbors turkeys and ate them RAW..when in a cage and a stranger enters and he starts barking, he'll starting biting his cage made of wood to tear it apart and attack you..trust me the sight of that film no go wan make u come back.. he's developed a fine taste of blood.don bite even my own kids..na only me and my wife dey near am..even at that he change am for my wife one day when I traveled and one of my neighbors turkey stroll pass him change and he grabbed it and started eating it immediately, my wife quickly tried to pry the bird from him mouth...see changing...she jus leave am jejely...when samething happened when I happened to be around, I took it without issues 2 different times..he dey chance my 7 months full breed boerboel Wei big big pass am and stronger..so like someone said here it's HEREDITARY

Oh!!
Woe unto the unexpected visitor that passes through your gate.
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by harmargedon: 1:47pm On Jan 30, 2022
Nigerianlad:

for boerboels?
both.
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by fisibobo(m): 6:38am On Apr 17, 2022
Who has a pure breed of Neopolitan Madrid call 08099131331
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by McLaurel: 9:23am On Jan 12, 2023
I have a 9 month old male Neapolitan mastiff for sale.
Re: Are Neapolitan Mastiffs Good Guard Dog by space9880: 10:18am On Jan 13, 2023
laluski:
you and your dog are crayzee

(1) (Reply)

Rottweiler Fights Dog To Save Boy / Very Affordable Caucasian Mix Puppies For Sale In Abuja. / Male Adult Lhasa Needed For Mating..gold Or Full Black

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.