Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Are christians taking faith out of context? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are christians taking faith out of context? (352 Views)

COVID-19 Vaccines: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Condemns Christians Taking Vaccines / 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' / Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are christians taking faith out of context? by Nellyfrancis157: 11:24am On Jan 30, 2022
Do you think some Christians are overeacting or Ignorant? For example, a christian suffering from chronic ulcer decides to dry fast for 3 days. IS THIS IGNORANCE OR FAITH
Re: Are christians taking faith out of context? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:28am On Jan 30, 2022
Typing..
All religious persons especially Christians are ignorant here's why...
The moment you believe in virgin birth and all these tales you are ignorant..

First of all the concept of ‘God’ and Jesus is a little bit odd and when you think about it..almost seems completely man made...
A virginal mother giving birth to a healthy boy who turns out to save the world...a reasonable being won't take that serious..

Belief in a particular god or some supreme entity is really childish..

1 Like

Re: Are christians taking faith out of context? by helinues: 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2022
Those who don't even know how their body works, how do you expect those people not to be ignorant of many things.

When our cells required energy to survive inform of sun, food we consumed yet pastors would be telling their members to fast for 30 days..

How about the morons that are killing for their possible disable god that can't fight for himself.

Just like as how the politicians make the law, but they don't respect it, that was the same about those who came up with religion. Who knows if na gegemu inspired some of the tale by the moonlight stories self.. grin

Las las religion na scam

1 Like

Re: Are christians taking faith out of context? by silentshots: 3:37pm On Jan 30, 2022
Nellyfrancis157:
Do you think some Christians are overeacting or Ignorant? For example, a christian suffering from chronic ulcer decides to dry fast for 3 days. IS THIS IGNORANCE OR FAITH

To say you're exercising faith, there must be an action or series of action of what you're doing now that correspond with your desired end.

What I see is that most Christians exercise faith without asking the Holy Spirit how to go about it. There must a clear direction and instructions from Him before you start exercising faith so, you don't do it amiss outside the will of God.

1 Like

Re: Are christians taking faith out of context? by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Jan 30, 2022
Nellyfrancis157:
IGNORANCE! undecided

God never commanded that kind of fasting to begin with - starvation diets - no! The kind of fasting God instead commands of those who belong to Him is the one described in Isaiah 58 and that does not require you starve your body or beat your body up for any reason. Instead what God commands is a day spent taking the burden off of other people etc. undecided
Re: Are christians taking faith out of context? by silentshots: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
IGNORANCE! undecided

God never commanded that kind of fasting to begin with - starvation diets - no! The kind of fasting God instead commands of those who belong to Him is the one described in Isaiah 58 and that does not require you starve your body or beat your body up for any reason. Instead what God commands is a day spent taking the burden off of other people etc. undecided

There are examples of this type of fast.

1. And he caused it to be proclaimed and published throughout Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything; do not let them eat, or drink water.
Jonah 3:7 NKJV

2. David therefore pleaded with God for the child, and David fasted and went in and lay all night on the ground. So the elders of his house arose and went to him, to raise him up from the ground. But he would not, nor did he eat food with them.

II Samuel 12:16‭-‬17 NKJV

God didn't command this to them in this verses but people have been going on this type of fast and has brought results for them.

Now to Isa 58, I would say God was just telling them, see, fasting is good but don't fast and return to your former ways. Because our walk with God supercede every other thing. And he delight more in how we live our lives. And if you check, fasting in those days was carried out more when they were suffering from a plague especially after they had sinned or an imminent war was coming from a great foe.

I'm neither encouraging nor discouraging anymore from this kind of fast but for an ulcer patient, you need to be sure that's what God ask of you or deep your yearning for God intervention requires it. Nevertheless, you need a spiritual mentor in this case because despising your medical history can/will kill you.
Re: Are christians taking faith out of context? by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
silentshots:
There are examples of this type of fast.

1. And he caused it to be proclaimed and published throughout Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything; do not let them eat, or drink water.
Jonah 3:7 NKJV

2. David therefore pleaded with God for the child, and David fasted and went in and lay all night on the ground. So the elders of his house arose and went to him, to raise him up from the ground. But he would not, nor did he eat food with them.

II Samuel 12:16‭-‬17 NKJV

God didn't command this to them in this verses but people have been going on this type of fast and has brought results for them.

Now to Isa 58, I would say God was just telling them, see, fasting is good but don't fast and return to your former ways. Because our walk with God supercede every other thing. And he delight more in how we live our lives. And if you check, fasting in those days was carried out more when they were suffering from a plague especially after they had sinned or an imminent war was coming from a great foe.

I'm neither encouraging nor discouraging anymore from this kind of fast but for an ulcer patient, you need to be sure that's what God ask of you or deep your yearning for God intervention requires it. Nevertheless, you need a spiritual mentor in this case because despising your medical history can/will kill you.
Your post reeks of the ignorance I spoke of. undecided

I mean Where in all you posted do you have God explicitly asking you to do any of what is written? Absolutely none.... yet you consider them valid when God never asked any of that from you at all. undecided

Again, God never commanded that kind of fasting to begin with - starvation diets - no! The kind of fasting God instead commands of those who belong to Him is the one described in Isaiah 58 vs 1 - 13 and that does not require you starve your body or beat your body up for any reason. Instead what God commands is a day spent taking the burden off of other people etc. undecided

The only way to honor God is by doing that which He actually commanded of you and the only place God gave explicit commands to you regarding the fasting He wants from you is in Isaiah 58 vs 1 - 13 where He made it overtly clear He does not care for you starving your bodies in His Name. Learn to obey God rather than your egos! undecided
Re: Are christians taking faith out of context? by silentshots: 3:49am On Feb 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your post reeks of the ignorance I spoke of. undecided

I mean Where in all you posted do you have God explicitly asking you to do any of what is written? Absolutely none.... yet you consider them valid when God never asked any of that from you at all. undecided

Again, God never commanded that kind of fasting to begin with - starvation diets - no! The kind of fasting God instead commands of those who belong to Him is the one described in Isaiah 58 vs 1 - 13 and that does not require you starve your body or beat your body up for any reason. Instead what God commands is a day spent taking the burden off of other people etc. undecided

The only way to honor God is by doing that which He actually commanded of you and the only place God gave explicit commands to you regarding the fasting He wants from you is in Isaiah 58 vs 1 - 13 where He made it overtly clear He does not care for you starving your bodies in His Name. Learn to obey God rather than your egos! undecided

Quick to use the word ignorance I see.

Back to my opinion, I said that kind of fast have been practiced before and those who did got the result(s) they wanted or didn't they? Were they ignorance? You people sometimes think God is one dimensional being you can predict or that play by logic and reasoning.

Also, I echoed your point that the fast is important but your ways before God is much important.

If people practiced dry fasting even without God's explicit command and got their prayers answered what makes you think that God won't answer anyone who does the same?

How you didn't see that is beyond me really.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Know About "Prophet Onyeze Jesus"????????? / Gospel Artist, Judikay, Welcomes First Baby / Dream I Had This Morning, Please Who Can Interpret? I Need The Interpretation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.