Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Have I Made A Wrong Decision? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have I Made A Wrong Decision? (667 Views)

My Experience With A Wrong Partner / Have I Done The Right Things? / I'm About To Take A Wrong Decision This Night. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Made A Wrong Decision? by theFullstackGuy: 11:32am On Jan 30, 2022
Good day everyone!

I have a friend who started learning to code in 2020 with me. We were together when we began the journey but in 2021, he went back to school and I went to service. I was lucky to have learnt coding and started getting little gigs. However, my friend on the other hand struggled to learn coding.

Now, in 2022 I am still serving and was still getting gigs but they don't really pay that much. My friend called me and explained to me how difficult it was for him to grasp the concept of web development. So, I decided to invite him over to live with me so I will guide him (he is actually undergoing his one year IT), even though I am not buoyant. He doesn't have any money which implies that I foot every bill.

It is a big burden to me and so, I am asking for an advice.

Did I do something wrong by inviting him over or should I tell him that the burden is too much so he would leave?

I don't want to make a decision that I will regret later in the future.

Please honest and genuine advice needed
Re: Have I Made A Wrong Decision? by Lastbornbuns: 11:40am On Jan 30, 2022
theFullstackGuy:
Good day everyone!

I have a friend who started learning to code in 2020 with me. We were together when we began the journey but in 2021, he went back to school and I went to service. I was lucky to have learnt coding and started getting little gigs. However, my friend on the other hand struggled to learn coding.

Now, in 2022 I am still serving and was still getting gigs but they don't really pay that much. My friend called me and explained to me how difficult it was for him to grasp the concept of web development. So, I decided to invite him over to live with me so I will guide him (he is actually undergoing his one year IT), even though I am not buoyant. He doesn't have any money which implies that I foot every bill.

It is a big burden to me and so, I am asking for an advice.

Did I do something wrong by inviting him over or should I tell him that the burden is too much so he would leave?

I don't want to make a decision that I will regret later in the future.

Please honest and genuine advice needed

Why didn't you think it through before inviting him to live with you? Well the deed is done. Tell him the burden is getting too much for you alone. At least see if he can take care of his feeding and other personal bills. After all, if he was not living with you, he'd still have those bills. There's no need to shoulder everything for him. He's a grown adult.

1 Like

Re: Have I Made A Wrong Decision? by yomi007k(m): 11:42am On Jan 30, 2022
Yes you made a wrong decision beacuse you didnt know yourself well enough and didnt calculate the cost of a guest staying with you.

The solution is that you sit him down and explain the truth to him. Tell him you are too broke to feed two mouths and that he needs to go for now, when things get better you will continue.

The truth shall set you free.
Re: Have I Made A Wrong Decision? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 30, 2022
You called him friend, so endure with him while having it at the back of your mind that he won't be staying with you forever. You may be housing a future president, be nice today as tomorrow is pregnant.
Re: Have I Made A Wrong Decision? by Kriss216: 11:52am On Jan 30, 2022
Iyaebe:
You called him friend, so endure with him while having it at the back of your mind that he won't be staying with you forever. You may be housing a future president, be nice today as tomorrow is pregnant.
Today that you said something sensible...hope the world is not ending this night?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have I Made A Wrong Decision? by yuping(m): 11:56am On Jan 30, 2022
undecided if you can't foot bill don't invite but you already welcome him, its a burden I won't lie to you.
Re: Have I Made A Wrong Decision? by GboyegaD(m): 11:58am On Jan 30, 2022
Ask if there's anyway he could help with part of the bills. An option would be his seeking an IT placement around your location to help him earn some income.
Re: Have I Made A Wrong Decision? by theFullstackGuy: 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

Why didn't you think it through before inviting him to live with you? Well the deed is done. Tell him the burden is getting too much for you alone. At least see if he can take care of his feeding and other personal bills. After all, if he was not living with you, he'd still have those bills. There's no need to shoulder everything for him. He's a grown adult.

The bills I foot are mostly for our feeding... he takes care of his personal bills like data etc

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If Your Wife Insists On Being The One To Name All Your Kids? / Used 42 Inch LG Tv For Sale / I Need A Divorce Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.